Wycombe Saturday

brmaidalex

It’s been a while, but the pub where I work, the White Horse, is the ‘away supporters’ pub and we’ll be glad to see all our friends from Oxford again. We’re on the A40 West Wycombe Road going west from the town centre towards the ground (sat nav HP11 2LR -Jct 5 M40 then A40 into the town - just after a big BP garage at right)) Some car parking, more nearby - about a 25-minute walk to the ground, but plenty of taxis around. No admission charge, and ‘exotic dancers’ from around 12.30. (Usual £ in the pot if you watch, but you don’t have to!) Sorry, but we can’t let anyone in under 18 years old.

It’s been a while, but the pub where I work, the White Horse, is the ‘away supporters’ pub and we’ll be glad to see all our friends from Oxford again. We’re on the A40 West Wycombe Road going west from the town centre towards the ground (sat nav HP11 2LR -Jct 5 M40 then A40 into the town - just after a big BP garage at right)) Some car parking, more nearby - about a 25-minute walk to the ground, but plenty of taxis around. No admission charge, and ‘exotic dancers’ from around 12.30. (Usual £ in the pot if you watch, but you don’t have to!) Sorry, but we can’t let anyone in under 18 years old.
Worked there myself for a few years (promoting live music) it'll be rammed as per every oxford utd visit

Worked there myself for a few years (promoting live music) it'll be rammed as per every oxford utd visit
Apparently you were a legend. Old Alistair is still alive and still the landlord (and my boss), says he remembers you well. He told me to say that he still has the dirt on you, backed up with photograpohic evidence!

Apparently you were a legend. Old Alistair is still alive and still the landlord (and my boss), says he remembers you well. He told me to say that he still has the dirt on you, backed up with photograpohic evidence!
Ive got the same, and more on him too :D ...does he still have to collect his pension in person at the post office to prove he IS still alive?:cool:.... send him my best :)

Featured in Toughest pubs in Britain part 4, apparently. Can be found on You Tube. But that was back in 2009.

Featured in Toughest pubs in Britain part 4, apparently. Can be found on You Tube. But that was back in 2009.
I was working there when that was filmed ...and screened (several times) on Sky, I think(?) it was a non terestrial tv company for sure

It will be worrying if we can’t beat a side with a morbidly obese 48 year old up front, you know you are going to struggle then.

They will be a basic huff and puff long ball side, but at least we should of prepared for that, so it won’t be a surprise.

They don’t sell out whoever they play, despite having a tiny ground, such is the lack of interest in the second biggest club in Buckinghamshire, so it’s only bitterness that stops them giving us the full allocation.

It will be worrying if we can’t beat a side with a morbidly obese 48 year old up front, you know you are going to struggle then.

They will be a basic huff and puff long ball side, but at least we should of prepared for that, so it won’t be a surprise.

They don’t sell out whoever they play, despite having a tiny ground, such is the lack of interest in the second biggest club in Buckinghamshire, so it’s only bitterness that stops them giving us the full allocation.
Don't underestimate Akinfenwa. He may be huge but he is still a decent footballer and will cause better defences than ours trouble

Back
Top Bottom