Wycombe Saturday

Think you might have misjudged the Beast. Probably all muscle. Reckoned by many to be the strongest around. FIFA have had him as the strongest until FIFA 19 where he's slipped to number 2.
Possibly not starting tomorrow Akinfawa.... Im reliably informed WW have been playing 'better' without him this season, and also their style of play is less physical than when we last played them, though they , WW still play the pressing game ...... hope KR can counter that with his starting 11 & squad

McCarthy (who was on loan at WW when we last played them) is their one to watch I'm also informed

Last edited:
Where's good to park, anyone know??
Usually some spaces (to rent) on the approach road to the ground. All a bit hit and miss and a bloody nightmare getting out again. Not so long ago they used to run a bus in from the car park by the cinema then it just stopped.
One other thing, don't expect the police to do anything about traffic control. Once the game is over they just want to get away and go home. Witnessed some very arrogant and rude behaviour last time.

I’ve been liaising with the pub for a while. When they took the pub over they weren’t keen on housing football fans at all. They are now willing to get more people through the door. THEY want people from Wycombe to drink there on match days. Not us. Them. There will be police around tomorrow. Certainly less then previous years.
Glad to see you are still around!

Certainly hope that the post match exit is better "policed" than in the past. At least we have your input for on the day control. Must be something of a worry having WWFC and Luton back on the agenda. :rolleyes:

Where's good to park, anyone know??
if you arrive earlyish, there are several places on the final road to Adams park where you can park for a small fee
free parking close to the ground is few and far between.... you may get lucky and finde a free parking space within a mile or so
if youre there early..... If you opt for a space on the approach to the ground, tune in to radio oxford (95.2fm) for half and hour
as based on previous experience its similar to exiting the breeze block in terms of traffic chaos

Edit ...beaten to it by @Manorlounger ... who posted while I was still typing:)

Judging by the posts on here an impartial reader might think some of our fans ARE obsessed with Wycombe. Despite it not being a rivalry or derby or grudge match etc.

Judging by the posts on here an impartial reader might think some of our fans ARE obsessed with Wycombe. Despite it not being a rivalry or derby or grudge match etc.
It's the pre-match entertainment for more than a few! ;)

Has anyone else really lost all enthusiasm for our beloved team? Don’t get me wrong I’m going to listen with hope and passion but really not looking forward to it for the first time in a while. The current team just doesn’t excite me. I guess after the Burton win I thought we’d kick on rather than stall. I hope the players are more motivated than I am! COYY. My heart says 0-2 win but my head says 1-0 defeat.

Was it not the hour glass where both sets of supporters congregated for a “ we can sing louder than you “

Glad to see you are still around!

Certainly hope that the post match exit is better "policed" than in the past. At least we have your input for on the day control. Must be something of a worry having WWFC and Luton back on the agenda. :rolleyes:

Always been here....
The stadiums a nightmare post match. If you bring a car onto the footprint you won’t leave for about 45 minutes. All cars are held until the foot traffic is cleared or it’s safer for cars to leave. We have no input on the departure stage. It’s part of the clubs traffic management plan.
I’m the DFO for OUFC and WWFC. Luton weren't really an issue a few weeks back.

Always been here....
The stadiums a nightmare post match. If you bring a car onto the footprint you won’t leave for about 45 minutes. All cars are held until the foot traffic is cleared or it’s safer for cars to leave. We have no input on the departure stage. It’s part of the clubs traffic management plan.
I’m the DFO for OUFC and WWFC. Luton weren't really an issue a few weeks back.
Last two time at Luton I engaged with this chap:
Mark Cunnington
Sergeant 221
Operational Planning Unit

Very open and honest assistance and noticeable change of tactics following feedback. No idea if he will still be running things but mention of his name certainly helped in conversations with the gentlemen on duty outside the ground.

I think we should stop denying this is a local derby and embrace it!

Plenty of clubs have a few local derby games and I know they are a boring insignificance but it's a local derby all the same!

Last two time at Luton I engaged with this chap:
Mark Cunnington
Sergeant 221
Operational Planning Unit

Very open and honest assistance and noticeable change of tactics following feedback. No idea if he will still be running things but mention of his name certainly helped in conversations with the gentlemen on duty outside the ground.

Exactly what I want. Engagement with the fans to make match days a better atmosphere with less old bill around. He’s still working it. Worked with him many times.

Exactly what I want. Engagement with the fans to make match days a better atmosphere with less old bill around. He’s still working it. Worked with him many times.
Comes from being with ambulance service, I suppose. Always happy to exchange a bit of banter with the plod! Always going to be the odd "sort" but always ready to try and chat. It's when you get a negative response that things go wrong.

why do you think that is?
You tell me? I’m a lifelong U’s fan who’s employed as a police officer to liaise and work alongside football clubs and their fans. My goal is to make football a safer nicer environment to be in. If that involves arresting a small minority because they’ve broken the law that’s what I’ll do. Lots on here grabbing hold of the past when things weren’t perfect. They’re not perfect now but it’s getting better.
Come and have a chat. Uniform is exactly that, a uniform. There’s an Oxford fan underneath it.

Back
Top Bottom