Match Buildup Wycombe away

there'll be no need for any apologies @christenedinjericho .... and no input from TVP re ticket allocation ( its 'agreed' between the 2 clubs)

Ainsworth was apparently the architect behind capping allocation of tickets to OUFC some season ago ( not any other visiting team with a decent sized following though), to just the away stand. Petty & petulant move at the time, and still a petty & petulant 'restriction' IMO.... especially as the anti-football purveyors are going to be way below a full house in the home sections (as usual) for the visit of the U's

Bizzare for them to perpetuate their continued limited allocation to OUFC as , if , big if, they , unlikely though it is, scrape their way into the Championship , theyre going to need every last penny to fund a season in the next league up
Yes Ainsworth really doesn't like the 'noisy neighbours' does he.

Can't wait for this.

Me and my mate have got our tickets, I have about 5 or 6 others hoping to get some if they make general sale, of course whether we will all be able to sit/stand together is another thing, from memory Wycombe try and insist you sit in your allocated seat.

Bought our chair cover tickets yesterday and after yesterday's win I wouldn't think they will hang around for too long. However, on researching I have noticed that the hilarious muffins from down the M40 are selling home tickets in the small silly looking stand to our right looking out to the pitch - hence once again keeping us to around the 1800 mark. Is there a real proper explanation to why this is as Sunlan, Coventry and Pompey all had an allocation down this side and tbf their fan bases aren't in any way shape or form top loaded with too many happy clappers are they?

I suppose looking for answers (TVP apart) I can only surmise that their bigger county cousin's (MK) on things like ticket allocation and professionalism will probably forever leave their hilarious and small time brethren behind for many years to come.

We could probably sell at this stage of the season 3000 plus.

Small village mentality.

Coyy's.

Ps:- if things change and we do get more tickets I will of course apologise and change the small village mentality to large village mentality.
We have done exactly the same thing though, limiting tickets for away fans at times. From their perspective, I guess, like ours they don't want away fans coming in large numbers and creating an atmospheric advantage for their team. The only weird bit is they do it for some teams and not for others, I don't have a problem with them doing it though.

We have done exactly the same thing though, limiting tickets for away fans at times. From their perspective, I guess, like ours they don't want away fans coming in large numbers and creating an atmospheric advantage for their team. The only weird bit is they do it for some teams and not for others, I don't have a problem with them doing it though.
I do- it should be the same allocation for all visiting team's supporters IMO

Im not best pleased when OUFC increase allocation for some visiting away support, .... though I do understand ( through gritted teeth) that the board/powers that be are somewhat financially hamstrung by income limited to ticket sales, therefore on home games where the home support take up isnt going to be anywhere near a sell out, they look to maximize ticket sales. Unlike Wycome! :cautious: :( :mad:

This is quite a fair point. Before we get 'holier than thou', let's remember that we limit the away allocation to 1,800 max when several teams could sell a lot more than that.

if its good enough for the trainset!!! ..... earlier this season ...

My Wycombe supporting friend thinks they will sell out the home areas given their position in the table and the 'intense rivalry' (hmmm), so on that assumption, why should we get any more tickets?

My Wycombe supporting friend thinks they will sell out the home areas given their position in the table and the 'intense rivalry' (hmmm), so on that assumption, why should we get any more tickets?
they havent yet, for any visit of OUFC, cant see it this time either..... besides, scroll down on the link below to the away fans section.... they're withholding 800 tickets that have been allocated to 'other' visiting away support this season ...

When is it on sale to members? assume ill be able to update my membership at same time?

That little block at the end of their main stand which holds about 300 people is ideal for the elderly, less mobile person that quite understandably wants to sit for the whole game and doesn't like a boisterous away end (we will all get to that age at some point). Hence they could make it an OAP only area.

Have Wycombe ever sold out ever!?

Presumably its in their 'powers that be's financial interests to maintain this facade of a fierce local derby as it encourages home sellouts in a match where in normal circumstances it probably wouldn't sell out. Conspicuously reducing our allocation contributes to this narrative of rivalry, making it more likely to attract more casual home fans. So it has the double benefit of encouraging more home sales, as well as a better atmosphere from the home fans. Whereas against the big teams like Sunderland, they would probably sell out anyway, as the opposition is more objectively appealing.

Quite clever I suppose. Bit weird but hey ho.

Just checked on rageonline and the last 7 league games at adams park have all been under 7000 crowds,when weve probably taken 2-2500 those times as well.

Yes Ainsworth really doesn't like the 'noisy neighbours' does he.

Can't wait for this.

Me and my mate have got our tickets, I have about 5 or 6 others hoping to get some if they make general sale, of course whether we will all be able to sit/stand together is another thing, from memory Wycombe try and insist you sit in your allocated seat.
You mustn’t call them that. I think Fergie used it disparagingly about Man City, suggesting a recently emerged force challenging an older, better, more traditional one.
We are the older, better, more traditional force, they are the not very noisy neighbours.

May well have a couple of spare seats on a mini bus from Kidlington for this. Will post details nearer the time if it’s the case.

Who at Chiltern Rail/Network Rail thought having no trains between Bicester and Princes Risborough (replacement bus service) on that day was a good idea....

Back
Top Bottom