WWC 19 England V Cameroon 23/6/19

Sarge

God like member
4.30pm kick off

heres hoping its a 90 min plus performance from the Lionesses

Kick off 17:30 local time (Spain) and the flat we have rented has got a satellite tv set up. Basic minimum channels but as the game is on BBC1 we shall be able to watch before heading out for dinner. Bottle of red (cheap as chips here!) and a few tapas all ready. The entertainment thereafter is a bit more limited. The old ladies coming out of the church opposite the restaurant and then sitting on the benches around the square catching flies. . . . think about it, you'll get it eventually!

Come on you Lionesses!!

Kick off 17:30 local time (Spain) and the flat we have rented has got a satellite tv set up. Basic minimum channels but as the game is on BBC1 we shall be able to watch before heading out for dinner. Bottle of red (cheap as chips here!) and a few tapas all ready. The entertainment thereafter is a bit more limited. The old ladies coming out of the church opposite the restaurant and then sitting on the benches around the square catching flies. . . . think about it, you'll get it eventually!

Come on you Lionesses!!

?

C'mon you Lionesses, maul them Cameroon lions

First 5 mins.....England trying too many flicks, tricks and back-heels. Got to keep it simple.

Ruddy love an indirect free kick. You don’t see them all that much anymore.

Imo Cameroon should be down to 9 ....that early assualt shouldve been a red card not yellow ....and after that backpass Cameroon number 5 (?) spat on the closest lioness' arm ...in full view of the referee and tv cameras too. Not a red card? Hmmm .....put the goal away well .... Cameroon are very quick ...and a bit wild n wayward in challenges too

Last edited:
Englands passing at times has been very poor.
Giving the ball away time and time again.
Looks like that should be a second though ....

Quite right too ....White was never offside for the 2nd goal....yet the ref ruled the goal out intially get in there

What are the Cameroon players complaining about???

Poor refereeing now ....few yellow cards need awarding to Cameroon players

2nd half will see some niggling from the Cameroons. Not very pleasant the way they have carried on.

The scenes are extraordinary here.

VAR is stemming this, I’m afraid. Even if decisions are correct, are these scenes healthy for the game?

Just turned it on god them Cameroonies are dirty
You missed the elbow to Parris and the spitting on an eng players arm!

Sloppy n pedestrian defending that 'goal' was!
Blimey! VAR proved the cameroon player crossing it was offside

Referee &officials lost control now.... yellow card all of the disrupting protesting Cameroon players

Last edited:
The scenes are extraordinary here.

VAR is stemming this, I’m afraid. Even if decisions are correct, are these scenes healthy for the game?
Absolutely not ......no nonsense competent referee and assistants would be a better option

A refereeing team not only needs to make the right decisions (preferably without VAR!), their management of the game and players needs to be of a certain level. When both things don't come together, you have a problem.

The refereeing is just not good enough, and adding VAR to the mix just amplifies everything.

One thing I will say, if Bibi Steinhaus was refereeing this one Cameroon would be down to about 7 players already.

The decisions have all been right ( the last one was very marginal).
Cameroon players behaviour has been a disgrace.

No doubt about that. They could and should have dealt with it all better.

However, where does it stop? If I stopped playing as I heard a whistle and saw an assistant ref’s flag up and the striker put it in the net and for that goal to stand, I’d be furious. In this instance White would have scored come what May but at what stage does it stop?

Some decisions in football are subjective. Even looking at them on screen a few times can lead to a myriad of conclusions. Let’s keep it to the ref’s initial decision and not to the collective ‘wisdom’ of people in a room somewhere.

The Ref has absolutely bottled the 2nd half, well from the time the Cameroonians had their 1st temper tantrum. She definitely bottled the VAR penalty decision and luckily for her no England player has been hurt in spite of the challenges on them.

It should be the end of her tournament.

Oh and the claims of racism (if that is indeed true) for the VAR decisions that is just fantastic nonsense. It appears when utterly wrong, claim fake racism. Will FIFA actually do something? My guess is no.

Last edited:
Terrible refereeing.
The Cameroon players have acted like spoilt children. Horrible.
How on earth wasnt that a red card?

Back
Top Bottom