International News wrong

Their country, their rules, best abide by them.
Whilst we may not agree with the regime & how it works we should respect it.

Their country, their rules, best abide by them.
Whilst we may not agree with the regime & how it works we should respect it.
Sorry, that's nonsense. The "alleged" crime was committed in this country by a UK citizen. Iran is just trying it on, another bargaining chip in it's attempts to circumvent sanctions placed upon them following their nuclear arms policies. They are flouting international law.

Sorry, that's nonsense. The "alleged" crime was committed in this country by a UK citizen. Iran is just trying it on, another bargaining chip in it's attempts to circumvent sanctions placed upon them following their nuclear arms policies. They are flouting international law.

If you think you have rocked the boat in an openly hostile, dictatorial foreign country then it`s probably not for the best to go there & visit the parents.

She was OK until Bojo waded into the fray and completely fucked it up.

Remember his less than tactful interjection when FoSec?

Not only does he not care about bodies piling up, but he doesn't care about British Citizens rotting in Foreign jails and the terrible impact that has had on their mental and physical health. Especially when he shoulders a good part of the blame for them ending up there.

I'm sensing a theme here....

wheres blm in iran when you need it oh wait there is not a agenda for them to jump onto .

If you think you have rocked the boat in an openly hostile, dictatorial foreign country then it`s probably not for the best to go there & visit the parents.

You're assuming she did these things they are accusing her of. She isn't unique as other British/Iranian passport holders have had similar or been at the least harassed by Iranian Authorities. She is nothing more than a pawn/victim in a geopolitical game.

You're assuming she did these things they are accusing her of. She isn't unique as other British/Iranian passport holders have had similar or been at the least harassed by Iranian Authorities. She is nothing more than a pawn/victim in a geopolitical game.

Never said she wasn`t and I don`t have much faith in the Iranian judicial system either!
However, if I knew I had seriously ticked them off, I wouldn`t be going visiting that is for sure!!

Not every country is as accommodating as we are.....

Never said she wasn`t and I don`t have much faith in the Iranian judicial system either!
However, if I knew I had seriously ticked them off, I wouldn`t be going visiting that is for sure!!

Not every country is as accommodating as we are.....

Did she know she was going to be a pawn in a geopolitical game or there be any issue? I very much doubt it. Just like the others who didn't expect similar.

Did she know she was going to be a pawn in a geopolitical game or there be any issue? I very much doubt it. Just like the others who didn't expect similar.

They have much previous!
They don`t play by the rules, never have, never will do.
Best avoided....... by a very long distance.

Western intervention in the Middle East has always worked so well, so well in fact we`ve been fudging about with things we can not understand since 1096!

They will never, ever be Westernised, democratised or even barely civilised.

Leave well alone.

They have much previous!
They don`t play by the rules, never have, never will do.
Best avoided....... by a very long distance.

Her family is there and was taking her young daughter to visit them when she got arrested iirc. Again, if you haven't done anything, why would you think otherwise. Others have family (Mum's, Dad's, brothers, etc etc) to visit or who get sick and need support etc.

Western intervention in the Middle East has always worked so well, so well in fact we`ve been fudging about with things we can not understand since 1096!

Leave well alone.
Civilised by whose standards and playing to whose rules?

Answer those questions and you might begin to understand why there's a problem.

Rule Britannia eh?

Civilised by whose standards and playing to whose rules?

Answer those questions and you might begin to understand why there's a problem.

Rule Britannia eh?

They need strong and robust leaders who understand the unique tribal and religious nature of their population.

We (The West) have a horrible habit of deposing them, doing exactly the opposite of what they are used too.

Iran has never been part of the Empire......... it might have helped, who knows?

Best left well alone.

Her family is there and was taking her young daughter to visit them when she got arrested iirc. Again, if you haven't done anything, why would you think otherwise. Others have family (Mum's, Dad's, brothers, etc etc) to visit or who get sick and need support etc.

I get the family bit but the Country has a horrific record of randomly detaining folk especially those with dual nationality.

It`s nothing more than using the individuals as pawns in a political game.

Leave well alone.

The cradle of civilisation as it goes but hey...

The cradle of civilisation as it goes but hey...

Matter of debate how far they have moved on from hunter-gathering especially when held back by a medieval religion but there we go.

They currently detain lots of people from many countries as part of their political leverage games, not the kind of place to go and visit if other options are available.

It says a lot about how civilised we are as a species if the cradle still allows stoning as a criminal punishment!

There appeared to be a program on telly over the weekend where a performer mimed to a song and then contestants had to guess whether they were really a good singer or not. It had Amanda Holden on it.

That too says a lot about how civilised we are as a species.