WOW or WOE !!

nerps687

You can have as many 'wow' managers as you like but unfortunately they don't cross the white line. We have to face the truth, which is that we are totally dependent upon the 11 that pull on the shirt for the rest of the season !! Forget the sideshow (although it is something we are desperately clinging on to in hope ) Look at each player individually and then again as the team and then post on here whether or not you really believe they will do the job.

This team is capable of keeping us up.
They just need someone to make them play.

The team has the capability of staying up.

At this stage however it’s about confidence.

The sideshow as you call it is just as important.

Get a decent manager in who brings the all important bounce and creates a buzz amongst us fans will be sufficient, I think, to do enough. But the longer this goes on the harder that task will become.

The truth is that football is a team game. But it’s not just the 11 on the pitch is it. It’s the team, the squad, the manager and coaches, the chairman and of course the fans.

Tomorrow is another day and another game. We all need to brush aside the negativity and bring positivity and encouragement for just a couple of hours (not a big ask) to give us every chance to get something out of the game.

After that, results depending, will determine what happens on here.

Malc, apologies, I thought this was a forum where you discuss football, particularly OUFC. T o class any question as doom and devastation is a bit mind numbing. Get behind the team ? Well I thought that was what we have been doing all season so what has changed? Anyway thank you to the others who have commented on here, the posts would be a bit lacking if every question was looked upon as being critical and not open to debate. To finish off - I hope Oxford United win their game on Saturday -= hope that's not too controversial for you Malc !!!

Yep, I agree. The current squad isn't great by any means - but it *is* good enough to stay up and finish mid-table. Even with Tiendalli getting the odd game. It needs organisation and motivation though. Clearly had the stuffing knocked out of them and it's a bit of a mess.

Too many games left - too many opportunities for sides below us to pull ahead - to coast.

Malc, apologies, I thought this was a forum where you discuss football, particularly OUFC. T o class any question as doom and devastation is a bit mind numbing. Get behind the team ? Well I thought that was what we have been doing all season so what has changed? Anyway thank you to the others who have commented on here, the posts would be a bit lacking if every question was looked upon as being critical and not open to debate. To finish off - I hope Oxford United win their game on Saturday -= hope that's not too controversial for you Malc !!!

Yeah, but his point was - why a new thread? Plenty of others to moan on as it is.

Yeah, but his point was - why a new thread? Plenty of others to moan on as it is.

Yep same old start a new thread because can’t be bothered to see what’s already up, or a self importance must start a thread for my own opinion.

Because it would fit under both sections; point 'A' about the 'wow' manager under boardroom and 'B' the current team under players. As it was I decided to start afresh as the two had not been combined under any other thread. However, more importantly you now join our long list who can't distinguish between comments and moaning; perhaps you could educate me with a couple of sentences demonstrating both.

Because it would fit under both sections; point 'A' about the 'wow' manager under boardroom and 'B' the current team under players. As it was I decided to start afresh as the two had not been combined under any other thread. However, more importantly you now join our long list who can't distinguish between comments and moaning; perhaps you could educate me with a couple of sentences demonstrating both.

Or the match day thread…

MarkG what a strange post. Have I got the correct forum ? This is 'yellows' football forum and not 'yellows' kindergarten'. !! If you really think that posting on here can lead to self-importance then I am afraid you need to get out more, amongst the adults.
As for starting a thread for my own opinion, well forgive me for misunderstanding, I thought that was the whole idea !! silly me.

Oh God. Don't bother, nerps! You didn't even say anything. You asked a question. But so fragile and frazzled is the temperament of the 2018 supporter that rational discourse is a subject for existential angst. After 2 years of Stockholm Syndrome, their minds simply cannot compute debate.
In answer to your question: our players generally have more footballing ability than those of other relegation-threatened teams. However, it is an unbalanced squad lacking in 'dig' and power. And has an unhealthy number of players who know they will not be here next season. It also is poorly coached and has no discernible pattern of play.
However. As we saw with Peterborough away, football is a strange game. Our players are not empirically worse than theirs. It would not surprise me greatly if we won. And that would probably lend us the confidence to get over the line, with the added lift of a new manager.

Oh God. Don't bother, nerps! You didn't even say anything. You asked a question. But so fragile and frazzled is the temperament of the 2018 supporter that rational discourse is a subject for existential angst. After 2 years of Stockholm Syndrome, their minds simply cannot compute debate.
In answer to your question: our players generally have more footballing ability than those of other relegation-threatened teams. However, it is an unbalanced squad lacking in 'dig' and power. And has an unhealthy number of players who know they will not be here next season. It also is poorly coached and has no discernible pattern of play.
However. As we saw with Peterborough away, football is a strange game. Our players are not empirically worse than theirs. It would not surprise me greatly if we won. And that would probably lend us the confidence to get over the line, with the added lift of a new manager.
Rubbish.
I could have started a new post with the winding up post and didn’t. Obviously I should have. I don’t see my own view above what’s already being discussed

I think the players need to realise what a privileged position they’re in. Most supporters would give their right arm to be able to take part in that game tomorrow. But we don’t have their talent. It’s up to them to realise that. Yes it’s a big game, yes there’s a pressure of sorts on them, but they’re not working 30 hour shifts on the hospital front line or doing tough manual work worrying where the next pound is going to come from. They need to use their talent and play with a smile on there face and know that if they put everything they have into the game they’ll have at least 5000 friends there with them.

Rubbish.
I could have started a new post with the winding up post and didn’t. Obviously I should have. I don’t see my own view above what’s already being discussed

He asked a new question, Mark. In amongst all the anguish, second guessing and conspiracy theories he focussed us back in on the question that matters. Are this bunch of players good enough (regardless of new manager or HMRC)?
That is a worthy question. I say, probably yes but they could do with a new manager bounce to kick them across the line.
What say you?

My bleddy word do we need a bloody win to stop all this madness. Arguing between each other it's just ridiculous. Roll on 5pm so we can all share 3pts and a beer and let this all blow over.

My bleddy word do we need a bloody win to stop all this madness. Arguing between each other it's just ridiculous. Roll on 5pm so we can all share 3pts and a beer and let this all blow over.
We all do desperately need three points.

But if you think that that will 'stop all this madness ' then I cannot agree with you.
The madness on this Board is pretty minimal. At other clubs, with more passionate fans (cf west ham), things would be taken a lot further were they to see their club lose 7 out of 8 games, be managerless for two months, run by a part-time schoolmaster, loaded up with debt to the outgoing owner and taken to court by HMRC. All this after a 40 per cent price increase.
Three points is urgently needed, but it does not solve all our problems. We are in a hell of a state.

With all due respect, how do you know the team is poorly coached? You are talking about a man with over 700 professional games under his belt, has been involved in the England set-up, been first time coach or assistant at Newcastle, Leicester, Huddersfield and Birmingham. Have you watched sessions? Coaching and performances are not always intrinsically linked; you can coach all week, but ultimately it is down to the players to be good enough. You have said that the squad is unbalanced; there is where the problem lies.

Having an uninformed pop at a very well regarded 66 year old is pretty crass.

With all due respect, how do you know the team is poorly coached? You are talking about a man with over 700 professional games under his belt, has been involved in the England set-up, been first time coach or assistant at Newcastle, Leicester, Huddersfield and Birmingham. Have you watched sessions? Coaching and performances are not always intrinsically linked; you can coach all week, but ultimately it is down to the players to be good enough. You have said that the squad is unbalanced; there is where the problem lies.

Having an uninformed pop at a very well regarded 66 year old is pretty crass.

The players will be coached well. I believe it was Faz who did most of the coaching when Mapp was here.
The problem starts when it comes to match day and what is said. A few weeks ago after the Plymouth defeat Faz said that the players forgot what they should be doing at corners.

A good coach may not be a good manager and vice versa. I always thought that Pep was a good coach and Monk has said last week after starting at Brum that he thinks Pep is more comfortable as a no.2

One thing is certain once they cross the line the players have to take more responsibility

Back
Top Bottom