World Cup World cup qualifier Hungary v England

A very composed and professional performance tonight from England.

Hungary have work to do in dealing with some very entrenched racism within their countries supporters.
We are a very long way from perfect in this country, but tonight does show that many countries national teams support harbour hardline racism deep within its ranks.

A very composed and professional performance tonight from England.

Hungary have work to do in dealing with some very entrenched racism within their countries supporters.
We are a very long way from perfect in this country, but tonight does show that many countries national teams support harbour hardline racism deep within its ranks.

These people don’t just switch on the racism for football. They use it as an enabler. They’ll have the same views outside of the stadium, which suggests that racism is a wider issue.

Whilst I wouldn’t ever try to downplay the issues of racism here, the UK is in a better place to understand other people’s cultures and creeds. Eastern Europe remains blind to that so racism persists. Voting in Victor Orban in Hungary also suggests that a hard line conservative position isn’t going to go away any time soon.

Having a multi ethnic team absolutely batter Hungary with Sterling ripping them a new one is one way to shut them up temporarily. What the solution is for a permanent fix remains a mystery.

These people don’t just switch on the racism for football. They use it as an enabler. They’ll have the same views outside of the stadium, which suggests that racism is a wider issue.

Whilst I wouldn’t ever try to downplay the issues of racism here, the UK is in a better place to understand other people’s cultures and creeds. Eastern Europe remains blind to that so racism persists. Voting in Victor Orban in Hungary also suggests that a hard line conservative position isn’t going to go away any time soon.

Having a multi ethnic team absolutely batter Hungary with Sterling ripping them a new one is one way to shut them up temporarily. What the solution is for a permanent fix remains a mystery.
We know that there was entrenched racism in central and Eastern Europe way back, particularly sgainst Jewish people, and Hungarian society is nothing like as diverse as ours. I think Orban is voted in largely by the rural people but now he’s there he enables and brings out the racism lurking in their society. I think we’re in a much better place but we shouldn’t be smug, we've seen how certain events and messages have brought out similar s**t here.

That was like football had gone back to the 1970`s, absolutely horrible but makes you realise how much this country has improved.
I`m guessing there will be an investigation, a fine, or maybe a couple of closed-door matches, and it`ll get swept under the lumpy carpet because that's how it works at FIFA.

Think Hungary already have a game or two sanctioned behind closed sides but that’s imposed by UEFA, not Fifa so they were allowed fans last night..

No doubt a further punishment will follow last night.

Clever folk running the game at the top you see!

So, do we think the section of Hungarian supporters under consideration are likely to have

a) applauded taking the knee?
b) booed taking the knee?

So, do we think the section of Hungarian supporters under consideration are likely to have

a) applauded taking the knee?
b) booed taking the knee?
Watch it! You’ll upset the ‘anti-Marxists’!

Back
Top Bottom