World Cup match chat

Portugal are horrendous to watch. Talk about boing! But it’s effective I guess.

Portugal are horrendous to watch. Talk about boing! But it’s effective I guess.

If it ends up being Portugal vs. Uruguay in the last 16, that's a game that will be anticipated by approximately zero neutrals!

Now now, Tony. By that time Tabarez will have figured out the system and it'll be a dominating one-nil to La Celeste.

They say it takes 2 matches to sort a team out, I'm hoping it takes 3 in the hope that this is a repeat of the greatest world cup in 1982. Suarez has started taking it seriously (like Rossi) - amazed he didn't deck the defender who spent the game kicking lumps out of him & Sanchez.

After only a season away from the prem I had forgotten how effective Costa can be in tight games, if he stays fit he gives Spain something different.

Gutted for Iran having that disallowed. Right decision but how cruel was the wait.

Enjoying watching Argentina and Croatia!

Argentina barely qualified, so it's no surprise they've looked poor so far. Proves Messi can only do so much when playing in a poor team

Argentina barely qualified, so it's no surprise they've looked poor so far. Proves Messi can only do so much when playing in a poor team

It’s really not a surprise at all. Even a cursory look at their World Cup squad tells you what a weak squad they have. Remove their impressive attack and you have a load of old hasbeens and never-will-beens.

An Iceland win today - and who’d bet against it? They’re better than Nigeria - and Argentina would be on the brink. A knowing agreement between Croatia and Iceland could see them conspire to send Argentina home.

Shame ...

It’s really not a surprise at all. Even a cursory look at their World Cup squad tells you what a weak squad they have. Remove their impressive attack and you have a load of old hasbeens and never-will-beens.

An Iceland win today - and who’d bet against it? They’re better than Nigeria - and Argentina would be on the brink. A knowing agreement between Croatia and Iceland could see them conspire to send Argentina home.

Shame ...
Willy Caballero in goal says a lot. Spent most of the last few years as a sub and nowhere near good enough to start a WC game. England have our problems, but at least we fill our squad with competent players

I said from day 1 Argentina would struggle to get out of the group. Messi has also proved why Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Yes Messi is an incredible player but he can't single handily carry a team like Ronaldo can with Portugal. It seems like Messi plays more for himself rather than drives the team on with his passion for his country.

Take the great Barcelona players away from Messi and you take away 50% of Messi's ability.

Tomorrow will be very interesting as there is a real chance Germany could not make it out of their group as well. Mexico will win and I can see Sweden getting a point against Germany. If that were the case you can bet any money that the Mexico vs Sweden game will be a draw as thats all they will need to qualify.

It's a great world cup because of how open it is but I feel that's because we have countries like Chile, Italy and Netherlands not there.

Two goals in injury time for Brazil against Costa Rica. Should imagine that they were starting to worry a bit with just one point on the board.

Credit to Nigeria - they were absolute balls for the first game and a half of the tournament, but they came out for the second half of the Iceland game with a new "**** it, let's go for it" attitude and they've been awesome.

Hopefully they will keep that up against the Argies, otherwise Messi & co. might still sneak into the knockout stages......

Great game between Serbia and Switzerland tonight. Too equally matched teams, three good goals and if that Shaqiri shot had gone in ...

Back
Top Bottom