World Cup match chat

If Germany do end up playing Brazil in the second round I have a feeling that revenge might be getting served for the semi final hammering in the semis 4 years ago, Brazil are not going to go easy on Germany if they get a couple of goals lead.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Not very impressed without Brazil so far.

Only teams that have looked half decent are Portugal,Spain, and the Mexicans.

I suppose it’s not how you start, but where you finish.

I talked Brazil up a bit early, still think they will win it, these first games can throw up a few shocks. Hopefully tomorrow doesn’t obviously.

If Germany do end up playing Brazil in the second round I have a feeling that revenge might be getting served for the semi final hammering in the semis 4 years ago, Brazil are not going to go easy on Germany if they get a couple of goals lead.
If they play like they did today no way will Brazil win easily. Very average,

Not very impressed without Brazil so far.

Only teams that have looked half decent are Portugal,Spain, and the Mexicans.

I suppose it’s not how you start, but where you finish.

Russia, maybe? Although hard to say until they play someone competent.

Not sure that Portugal were all that good either.....they've just got one great player who showed up in a big way

A lot of smug people in office WC sweepstakes will be a little more worried today. From what I saw today, the tactic against the "big teams" is to defend deeply, man mark the playmaker, give away small fouls and catch them on the break.

None of which England can do!

This is a disaster - before we started I was confortable knowing that we would probably get through the group, had a chance in the last 16 and then would go out to either a dominant Brazil or Germany in the quarters - no shame in that, reasonablee showing, everyone happy.

NOW, results so far raise the prospect of us having winnable games beyond the last 16, which means expectation rises and when we lose one it feels like a disaster - goddam these bl##dy Germans, they even screw us over when they lose!!!!!!!!

This is a disaster - before we started I was confortable knowing that we would probably get through the group, had a chance in the last 16 and then would go out to either a dominant Brazil or Germany in the quarters - no shame in that, reasonablee showing, everyone happy.

NOW, results so far raise the prospect of us having winnable games beyond the last 16, which means expectation rises and when we lose one it feels like a disaster - goddam these bl##dy Germans, they even screw us over when they lose!!!!!!!!
Did anyone factor in the fact that the German's traditionally have trouble advancing in Russia?:eek::eek::eek:

Did anyone factor in the fact that the German's traditionally have trouble advancing in Russia?:eek::eek::eek:

Pretty sure someone already did that joke, Sarge. Unless it was you, in a different thread!

Hate to say it - but that was an example just there in the Sweden/South Korea game of VAR actually working. Ref misses a stonewall penalty....VAR picks it up.

Been coming because the Koreans have been tackling like beserkers!

As an aside - is it just me, or has the finishing been absolutely terrible at this tournament?!? There's been some great free kicks and wonder strikes, but I've lost count of the number of simple chances missed - either due to a terrible finish or an even worse final ball.

Pretty sure someone already did that joke, Sarge. Unless it was you, in a different thread!
The old ones(jokes, quips n amusing one liners) tend to be the best ones.....most the time at least :):):)

Mark Lawrenson?, is that the best BBC can do? - I've switched to the Irish RTE commentary

Come on Panama!

Back
Top Bottom