Woodburn but....

nerps687

Good news hopefully if Woodburn does come to us, yes it is another loan but if he performs well enough to help gain promotion then who knows, he might realize that the championship is his level and we might get him on a permanent move for next season. However, my BUT is why are players not wanting to join us? We seem to be able to make 2 x £500000.00 purchases (on paper at least) and yet we are failing to impress players who are possibly average 1st division, with the potential of making it in the next division grade.
There must be something not quite right, we get a decent average crowd who can, when in the mood, make on hell of a din; the ground with three stands, gale force winds and once a 'state of the art' pitch does us no favours but we can balance that with good training facilities, good coaching and a strong 'youth' set-up.
Unfortunately we are suffering 'groundhog day' with the club's announcing they are going to strike early and then struggling late in its chasing of players.
Maybe it's 'nobody's fault' but the other 91 clubs (well perhaps not Bury and Bolton} seem to manage so what deters players from becoming a yellow
- Any Ideas ?

Salary.( And split there of between us & parent club.)
Accommodation. Cost/Location.
Family.
Working hours.
Opportunity.
Training.
Colleagues.
Manager/Leader
Board/Executive.

EXACTLY THE SAME as the rest of us "consider" when going for a new job!

• React
Reactions: Fan
£500K players demand £500K players wages. We (rightly) have a wage structure that won’t allow us to match what some of these ‘targets’ will be able to get elsewhere. That’s why we shop in Scotland.

Personally I would like to see us sign the best players from League Two and lower league One. Hungry, and improving.

£500K players demand £500K players wages. We (rightly) have a wage structure that won’t allow us to match what some of these ‘targets’ will be able to get elsewhere. That’s why we shop in Scotland.

Personally I would like to see us sign the best players from League Two and lower league One. Hungry, and improving.
Don't care where they come from as long as they fit our mold:)

Back
Top Bottom