Woo Hoo! Got me Oxford Ticket

Sinner

Sunderland Fan
Very excited. Was bit worried as demand exceeded supply. We did ask for more tickets but not to be.

I posted on this forum earlier in the season to get feedback on Charlie and Don (still revered), and had a good crack but think I started to irritate after a while so backed off.

I declared Oxford as my second team and @Essexyellows challenged that, and although taking umbrage at the time, he was right. I like the town (or is it a city), like going to Oxford games with @Bodminyellow, like Oxford to win and think the fans are great, but don't really give a s**t if they lose not really a fan, am I?

Being taken over by Oxford fans strengthened my association with Oxford and now my brainy daughter has been offered a place at your university next season, so if you see lass wearing an FTM t-shirt and munching a Gregg's pasty - that'll be her! Speaking of FTM, a curious element of this season has been the presence of our neighbours up the road at Sunderland away games, proudly revealing their gravy stained black and white tops in the home ends (see here). Weird and hilarious. If this happens on Saturday and one is near you, please take the Micky. There are very easy to wind up. Mention Rafa's negative tactics and they go into frenzied tirade about Mike Ashley. Great fun.

Down to business. Few of us stopping off in London on Friday night, so will be in Oxford nice and early, but a bit bleary, but a hearty breakfast and a gallon of your finest ales will sort that out. We will no doubt be 'barra jobs' come the evening.

No idea where the new ground is and how to get there but hoping @Bodminyellow sorts out a decent route to the ground from the station. Any recommendations for breakfast and a decent pint appreciated.

My God, this has been a tough season. I'm exhausted so no idea how the players feel. Imho Oxford in the first half were stikll the best we had seen ate the SOL until Luton rocked up with their 4000 fans. They were an excellent team although we could have won but for a dodgy ref - isn't it always the way? Wimbledon are the worst I have seen, but still a struggle to beat them. Nice dirty win, that one.

Oxford seem unpredictable, so probably very frustrating. Genuinely hopy you stay up, but won't be upset if you don't - what sort of fan am I @Essexyellows ?

Bus direct from train station in the city centre, bus toeither to black bird leys or greater leys will get you there or thereabouts.....yep Oxford is a city, has been for many century's too, Christchurch cathedral housed Charles 1 court during English civil war, Richard the lionheart and his brother Prince magna Carta John were born in Oxford (Beaumont palace) queen Matilda escaped from imprisonment in Oxford castle not too long after the England invasion by William the bastard. And even earlier in time, Alfred the great the first king of all England was an oxon lad .... t'other train station Oxford parkway doesn't have a direct bus to the breeze block ( football ground) as far as I'm aware? ..... as for the match itself, shouldn't matter if you're in a home section , reckon you won't have owt to celebrate on Saturday as Oxford will take all 3 points and keep a clean sheet :p

Bus direct from train station in the city centre, bus toeither to black bird leys or greater leys will get you there or thereabouts.....yep Oxford is a city, has been for many century's too, Christchurch cathedral housed Charles 1 court during English civil war, Richard the lionheart and his brother Prince magna Carta John were born in Oxford (Beaumont palace) queen Matilda escaped from imprisonment in Oxford castle not too long after the England invasion by William the bastard. And even earlier in time, Alfred the great the first king of all England was an oxon lad .... t'other train station Oxford parkway doesn't have a direct bus to the breeze block ( football ground) as far as I'm aware? ..... as for the match itself, shouldn't matter if you're in a home section , reckon you won't have owt to celebrate on Saturday as Oxford will take all 3 points and keep a clean sheet :p

They could walk in from the central Railway station to the centre as well as it isn't a long walk.

Much appreciated. Very informative. My tickets are in the away end.

Much appreciated. Very informative. My tickets are in the away end.
Quicker to walk from Oxford rail station to the centre, less than ten minutes. Just ask and someone will point the way.

Quicker to walk from Oxford rail station to the centre, less than ten minutes. Just ask and someone will point the way.

I’d also highly recommend the Royal Blenheim. Away fans very much welcome, even in colours. About 10 minutes from the station. I’ll certainly be there.

We're the most frustrating team in the division. At the moment it seems any team that gets the ball down and plays decent football are teams we compete with like Barnsley and Portsmouth. However, if you play "route 1" and niggly football and stop the game then we struggle and lose concentration at the back and struggle to compete.

Aww bless.... hadn`t noticed the impact I had had as my notifications are "off".

Good game and the plastic Geordies got away with it, those are the fine measures between the top, middle and bottom.

I’d also highly recommend the Royal Blenheim. Away fans very much welcome, even in colours. About 10 minutes from the station. I’ll certainly be there.
Ended up in the George which rammed. The landlord let us in with the warning - full of Sunderland mind. I thought there's even more now. Good crack on in pub and went back after game. We got free chips. Went into town after that but it was all getting a bit messy.

Annoyed we let a lead slip but no denying Oxford deserved at least a draw. No idea why you aren't challenging for play offs. Must be very frustrating although you were wasteful in front of goal.

Great day out - shattered

*coughs* Berkshire

Wantage is in the shire (oxon) isn't it? Alfred the great Oxon/ berks border chap then? :sneaky::geek:

Back
Top Bottom