Within the UK should any COVID-19 restrictions be applied (poll)?

Within the UK should any COVID-19 restrictions be applied?

• 2 words - Summer Holidays. Done with restrictions & masks

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Tight on borders with testing & stay at home, masks optional

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Tight on borders with testing & stay at home. Plus double jab all adults

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Implement better tracing, border control, SAH, double jab.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Improve tracing, border control, SAH, double jab & masks use mandatory indoors

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Tight restrictions, improve tracing, border control, SAH, double jab, masks use mandatory indoors

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OUFC OX3

Considering the recent developments, what should anything be imposed regarding COVID-19 restrictions?
48 hour poll. No names & only votes displayed.

I've used my 'God mode' and updated for you, don't need any undue stress in this heat do we ;)
British...moan when its cold, moan when its wet, moan when its hot....... :))))))))))))))))))))

Just move here to Malaysia 26-32c every day, shorts and t shirt, job done (including working from home)

British...moan when its cold, moan when its wet, moan when its hot....... :))))))))))))))))))))

Just move here to Malaysia 26-32c every day, shorts and t shirt, job done (including working from home)
I'd rather move to Iceland TBF, not a warm weather person 😂

I would go to Malaysia again, liked it there and Malasian Borneo.

I'd rather move to Iceland TBF, not a warm weather person 😂
Iceland is cracking. Fancy a little holiday once this is all over with? I can spend the whole flight over there giving you a comprehensive run down of the history of nu metal.

Iceland is cracking. Fancy a little holiday once this is all over with? I can spend the whole flight over there giving you a comprehensive run down of the history of nu metal.
Sounds awesome. I can feign interest for that amount of time, it's not exactly trans-Atlantic.

On our IcelandAir flight out there a couple of years back the entertainment centre had a wide range of Icelandic music. Can confirm it is EXACTLY what you imagine it to be like.

Cracking, cracking country. Once you get over only being able to buy booze at the government off-licences and paying 30 quid for a sandwich and coffee for breakfast that is.

On our IcelandAir flight out there a couple of years back the entertainment centre had a wide range of Icelandic music. Can confirm it is EXACTLY what you imagine it to be like.

Cracking, cracking country. Once you get over only being able to buy booze at the government off-licences and paying 30 quid for a sandwich and coffee for breakfast that is.
I'm not adverse to a bit of Bjork, although I'll pack my own sandwiches so thanks for the heads up on that 😂

You're not wrong - it's the same as bloody Norway in that regard. Everything costs a fortune. The first time I ever went to Norway was to a place called Bergen, and I can still remember the horror of being told that a pint and a club sandwich was roughly £26. After I calmed down I went and bought a T-shirt from the local market that had a massive moose on the front, alongside the words 'Nordic Wildlife'. It was class.

Nor sure if he still is, but for a while Bruce Dickinson was a pilot for IcelandAir whenever Iron Maiden weren't touring. What a weird and wonderful place.

Also, what's the best classic car you've ever seen in Iceland?

You're not wrong - it's the same as bloody Norway in that regard. Everything costs a fortune. The first time I ever went to Norway was to a place called Bergen, and I can still remember the horror of being told that a pint and a club sandwich was roughly £26. After I calmed down I went and bought a T-shirt from the local market that had a massive moose on the front, alongside the words 'Nordic Wildlife'. It was class.

Nor sure if he still is, but for a while Bruce Dickinson was a pilot for IcelandAir whenever Iron Maiden weren't touring. What a weird and wonderful place.

Also, what's the best classic car you've ever seen in Iceland?
Haha- i had uncannily the same experience in Bergen. Cheap easyjet flight over for a long weekend. 300 quid in pocket thinking that will see me and the other half through. Gone after the chinese meal, a couple of pints and a sausage roll.

The bar had a naked painting of the landlady literally above the bar. The most bizarre place.

I would go to Malaysia again, liked it there and Malasian Borneo.
Did you go to Sarawak/Sabah? I've never been to Sabah. Yet, taken the family to the cat city Kuching 3 times to enjoy it's unique etymology, tropical rainforests & fishing. Where a coffee & sandwich could set you back around a whopping quid. Last time there was March 2019, where they started jacking up the prices.

Did you go to Sarawak/Sabah? I've never been to Sabah. Yet, taken the family to the cat city Kuching 3 times to enjoy it's unique etymology, tropical rainforests & fishing. Where a coffee & sandwich could set you back around a whopping quid. Last time there was March 2019, where they started jacking up the prices.
We went to kota kinabalu a few years ago, which was pretty nice (up near Brunei). It was a bit "resorty", but there was an orang sanctuary and some cool fireflies on the river.

Yes, both, and also a 3 day trip deep into the jungle south of Sandakan. Fantastic! Wild elephants, wild orang utangs, and many other birds, monkeys, and insects, snakes. etc. Also included 2 bloodsuckers, 1 on my leg and 1 on my back. Also slept in a longhouse from the head-hunters and drunk their self-distilled whisky. Boy was I drunk!

One of the best holidays I've ever had.

I must say thanks to @OUFC OX3 for starting this interesting holiday thread, great idea.

Sorry what's that? , it's gone off track from COVID? Bloody forum users...

i can beat any of that.
i’m off to weston-super-mare pontins for the weekend. breakfast and dinner included

Off to Malta on Monday with Mrs Bazzer both double jabbed and apparently you don’t have to wear masks outdoors which will be great because of the heat but indoors you do and we will, I have an exemption badge but as a courtesy I shall wear a mask.
We both will take extra care whist we are out there for our own safety.
we are only going as it is now safer there than it is here.

Back
Top Bottom