Sport Winter Cricket Thread

Gary Baldi

The team are in NZ for T20s at the moment and are 1-1 - James Vince is still the cricketer that giveth and taketh away in equal measures - some spectacular drops in the last game after scoring a "pretty" 50 in the first game.

Pat Brown has been struggling a bit, but all in, the team look good in some areas - T and S Curran, with Jordan have bowled well and the batting has been ok.

Let's see what the game later brings!

To be honest, finding it a little hard to get excited about Eoin Morgan and the England 'B' team playing a few games of pajama cricket in NZ.
The t20 team should be in good shape for next year.....it'll just be a very different line up from the one that's currently playing!

I'll wake up at the end of the month for the Test matches - if only because I'm keen to see if any of the new selections are going to step up and make a case for a permanent spot in the top four. We need a couple of them to!

Last edited:
Yes the T20 games from.an Engkand perspective seems to be trying to identify back up to the main team and seeing if a couple can force their way in.
Roy, Stokes, Moeen, Archer, Buttler all missing.
At least the Currans seem to be developing well.

It's fair to say that Malan tucked into the buffet today. Morgan arguably batted better, but that was brutal batting from England.

Parkinson got a four for. He is a leg spinner?
That could be encouraging as well.

The 2 Middx boys doing the job. Oh, sorry 1 Middx ? well, 1 part time Middx... ?

Sets it up nicely for Sunday morning.

Yes I know.
A strange move in some ways?
He parted ways questioning the ambition of Middlesex and said he didn't want to drift towards the end of his career, and wanted to fight to win things. Can't blame him really, Middx have really gone backwards since winning the championship.

Parkinson got a four for. He is a leg spinner?
That could be encouraging as well.
He got a bit of tap but could have had a 5 fer but for a dropped catch. Seemed to do ok to good for a 2nd appearance, but I can see him being challenged with the pace he bowls once teams have tape on him.

Having a young spinner play against a good team is great career experience.

Another Super Over win for England. The irony being the batting was largely not good, but they tucked into what they could. NZ must be sick of playing English teams in sport in 2019.

And can we finally put the James Vince experiment into the long grass? An all the gear, no idea cricketer

Another Super Over win for England. The irony being the batting was largely not good, but they tucked into what they could. NZ must be sick of playing English teams in sport in 2019.

And can we finally put the James Vince experiment into the long grass? An all the gear, no idea cricketer
Yes, Vince looks to be one of those talented batsmen who just can't make the step up. This was evident last year and why they persist in picking him only they know!!

think England have got some sort of hoodoo over NZ in cricket currently.... sensational series win via a(nother) super over decider

I dont think T20 is the best 'shop window' in why to try out potential cricketers for test match cricket though

Back
Top Bottom