EFL Winding Up Petitions / Lists in the football league and beyond

Have they not just wasted their budget.
Unbelievable thsy they have the 8th highest in L1.

So who are the top 7 out of.....

Sunderland.
Portsmouth.
Fleetwood.
Blackpool.
Peterborough.
Ipswich.
Coventry.
Oxford

I have no idea...............

As someone who has no expertise in finance:

What are we actually talking about when we say 'budget'?

Obviously a club won't know exactly how much it will spend until the final ball is kicked...

As far as I understand it, when people refer to 'the budget' of a football club, it is what they have committed at the start of the season to spending over the course of that season and usually what they mean is the 'playing budget' i.e. the amount spent on the team, manager etc.

It was Macclesfield, not Mansfield, and he seems to have taken on the role Michael Appleton used to do taking basket cases until Alex Ferguson had a word.

I think Sol Campbell was desperate for a chance to prove himself so took on the jobs. Tbf, he did a good job keeping Macclesfield up in the circumstances.

I actually feel sol Campbell does deserve some credit now. He has behaved like a grade a tw*t in the past, but he does seem to have humbled and is going a about being a manager the right way I.e starting on lower leagues and working his way up. He did pretty well at macclesfield. I'm not sure we can blame him for anything at southend. In both cases he took on a proper challenge.

Interesting to see how he does with a fresh start next season with southend in league 2.

given their record on paying (tax) bills , hmmmmm ? ? ?

I assume they will still need to sell homes or sell that part to a developer, from the article (but could be wrong) which could be a problem in the next few years assuming we get a recession even with the initial financing suggested in the article.

Southend may have light at the end of the tunnel unless Coronavirus impacts on the economy halt it again.
They've been almost moving there for over a decade (think the first planning application was in 2008), the tunnel has been long and winding, and I'm not sure they can see the end yet.

Studley FC (or rather Arden Leisure Limited) have a couple of notices in the Gazette from yesterday.
Notices to creditors, Resolutions for Winding Up, Appointment of Liquidators.

Studley FC (or rather Arden Leisure Limited) have a couple of notices in the Gazette from yesterday.
Notices to creditors, Resolutions for Winding Up, Appointment of Liquidators.
But Studley FC are Darryl Eales new Oxford City so I'd be a bit surprised at this. Are Arden Leisure even linked to Studley FC?
About a year ago Studley sold their ground complex, The Beehive, to Solihull Moors to develop as their training ground with Studley still able to use it as their home ground.
Since then Eales / Moors money has completely transformed the facility with a new 3G training pitch, gym etc, and the grass pitches now look football league standard.
Both parties appear to be pleased with the partnership with Studley getting a big financial injection and a home ground with the best facilities in their league, and Solihull Moors getting a state of the art training facility just up the road - opening this Monday 24th Aug.

But Studley FC are Darryl Eales new Oxford City so I'd be a bit surprised at this. Are Arden Leisure even linked to Studley FC?
About a year ago Studley sold their ground complex, The Beehive, to Solihull Moors to develop as their training ground with Studley still able to use it as their home ground.
Since then Eales / Moors money has completely transformed the facility with a new 3G training pitch, gym etc, and the grass pitches now look football league standard.
Both parties appear to be pleased with the partnership with Studley getting a big financial injection and a home ground with the best facilities in their league, and Solihull Moors getting a state of the art training facility just up the road - opening this Monday 24th Aug.

I’ve no idea. I googled the club when I first posted and they seemed pretty happy with a friendly coming up.

haven't had one of these for a while, and look who it is ...
Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)
In the HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
BUSINESS AND PROPERTY COURTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES INSOLVENCY AND COMPANIES LIST (ChD) No CR-2021-002073 of 2021
In the Matter of SWINDON TOWN FOOTBALL COMPANY LIMITED
(Company Number 00053100)
and in the Matter of the INSOLVENCY ACT 1986
A Petition to wind up the above-named company of County Ground, County Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 2ED, presented on 9 November 2021 by AC SPORTS WILTSHIRE LLC (FORMERLY AC SPORTS, LLC), 28 Old Rudnick Lane, Dover DW 19901, USA, claiming to be a Creditor of the Company, will be heard in the High Court of Justice, Business and Property Courts of England and Wales, Insolvency and Companies List (ChD), Rolls Building, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1NL on 12 January 2022 at 10:30 (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

BUSINESS AND PROPERTY COURTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES INSOLVENCY AND COMPANIES LIST (ChD) No CR-2021-002073 of 2021
A Petition to wind up the above-named company of County Ground, County Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 2ED, presented on 9 November 2021 by AC SPORTS WILTSHIRE LLC (FORMERLY AC SPORTS, LLC), 28 Old Rudnick Lane, Dover DW 19901, USA, claiming to be a Creditor of the Company, will be heard in the High Court of Justice, Business and Property Courts of England and Wales, Insolvency and Companies List (ChD), Rolls Building, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1NL on 12 January 2022 at 10:30 (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).
Is it the 25th already?

Is there any indication as to the alleged level of debt owed to AC Sports Wiltshire LLC or is this the ongoing ownership wrangling?

There new Aussie owner has pissed all his money up the wall on keeping his mullet looking fresh, those tiny bottles of beer they drink and new rims for his Ute.

It looks like Power may have sold the Scum to an American company at the same time as selling to the Aussie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom