EFL Winding Up Petitions List

Southend petition dismissed

To me that suggests the Club is not being well run by a fit and proper person.
I expect the EFL to step in any moment and make an example of them......................................................................................... :ROFLMAO:

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)
Companies Court No 8619 of 2019
In the Matter of BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE)
24 January 2020

Companies Court No 8619 of 2019
In the Matter of BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE)
24 January 2020

I wonder if the owner will manage to get it put off again or is the solidarity payment made by then as that is a rumour why he is holding out?

Appointment of Liquidators
Name of Company: THE BOLTON WANDERERS FOOTBALL & ATHLETIC COMPANY LIMITED
Date of Appointment: 27 January 2020

[edit] It's an old company - not the current club.

Last edited:
Southend have to pay £600k+* according to Ron Martin (Southend owner for anybody who doesn't know) to end their transfer embargo. They want to sign a keeper on emergency loan (Oxley is injured and an 18 yo played midweek) and 2 of the 3 ex-Macc players who left them for breach of contract (from the frying pan into the fire).

*Their forum reckons it is a HMRC debt. They also think the HMRC may have changed tactics in January and rather than use a WUP, they went to the FL to use their disciplinary procedures (ie the embargo) as the FL were already investigating Southend over unpaid wages at the time.

Edit: Forgot to mention, according to Ron Martin they have the 8th highest playing budget in L1!

Last edited:
Southend have to pay £600k+* according to Ron Martin (Southend owner for anybody who doesn't know) to end their transfer embargo. They want to sign a keeper on emergency loan (Oxley is injured and an 18 yo played midweek) and 2 of the 3 ex-Macc players who left them for breach of contract (from the frying pan into the fire).

*Their forum reckons it is a HMRC debt. They also think the HMRC may have changed tactics in January and rather than use a WUP, they went to the FL to use their disciplinary procedures (ie the embargo) as the FL were already investigating Southend over unpaid wages at the time.

Edit: Forgot to mention, according to Ron Martin they have the 8th highest playing budget in L1!

It`s fine. I`m sure Ron would sail through the "Fit & Proper" test...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

He was in the GB Bobsleigh team once you know............. ;)

Companies Court No 000661 of 2020
In the Matter of SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)
21 February 2020

Got to keep the monthly parking spot.................... :rolleyes:

I`m sure the FL will do nothing, again.

Companies Court No 000661 of 2020
In the Matter of SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)
21 February 2020

So HMRC has gone down both routes of forcing payment then!

The phoenix Bury AFC* has been accepted in the North West Counties League Div 1 for next season.

*The alternative suggested name Bury 1885 was better imo.

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)
Companies Court No 0698 of 2020
In the Matter of OLDHAM ATHLETIC (2004) ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
28 February 2020

Transfer embargo on Southend with their HMRC bill of £668,000 due on Mar 11th with another month "backed up" behind that.

Read it on Teletext this morning...

And Ron say`s he`s put too much money in with a £3 million wage bill and 8th highest spend in League 1......

Transfer embargo on Southend with their HMRC bill of £668,000 due on Mar 11th with another month "backed up" behind that.

Read it on Teletext this morning...

And Ron say`s he`s put too much money in with a £3 million wage bill and 8th highest spend in League 1......
Have they not just wasted their budget.
Unbelievable thsy they have the 8th highest in L1.

Sol Campbell seems to have no luck when it comes to his managerial career. First Mansfield, now Southend.?

Sol Campbell seems to have no luck when it comes to his managerial career. First Mansfield, now Southend.?

It was Macclesfield, not Mansfield, and he seems to have taken on the role Michael Appleton used to do taking basket cases until Alex Ferguson had a word.

I think Sol Campbell was desperate for a chance to prove himself so took on the jobs. Tbf, he did a good job keeping Macclesfield up in the circumstances.

god knows why two players released from Macclesfield wanted to go there. they’ve signed but not registered until embargo lifted so wonder if they’re being paid

god knows why two players released from Macclesfield wanted to go there. they’ve signed but not registered until embargo lifted so wonder if they’re being paid

"Too play for the greatest managerial mind in football" would be the stock answer.

I don`t think minor things like being paid for doing your job would even be on the radar.

Like interns working in political parties, they are there to learn from the Messiah (or Judas depending on point of view). :)

Back
Top Bottom