EFL Winding Up Petitions / Lists in the football league and beyond

Does anyone know what a Cause List is ? Or a foreign petition ?

Cause List:

7050672ffb4c466387620954f1183fb5.jpg

Foreign Petition:

528c97917760c54799ba6c087579fe2b.jpg

Companies Court Winding Up List for Wednesday, 13 March 2019 (03/12/2019)
CR-2018-009187 BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE)

Didn’t bury spend big last year attempting to get to the championship then get relegated, looks like it’s come back and bitten them on the ass.

Was interesting reading an article about the financial (and other) troubles at Port Vale. They said that the EFL gives new owners of clubs a mentor who is an owner of another club. The mentor for the Port Vale owner was one of the Oysten family from Blackpool - no wonder PV are in difficulty then...
Wonder who the EFL has set for Tiger?

Was interesting reading an article about the financial (and other) troubles at Port Vale. They said that the EFL gives new owners of clubs a mentor who is an owner of another club. The mentor for the Port Vale owner was one of the Oysten family from Blackpool - no wonder PV are in difficulty then...
Wonder who the EFL has set for Tiger?
Shaun Harvey ?.... it was he who introduced Slippery & our current owner

Bolton face winding up petition at the High Court tomorrow, a proposed take over has collapsed!

Someone remind me how it works if Bolton are wound up mid season and thrown out of the league like Chester were? Are only two teams relegated from Championship instead of three, and three still go up from L1? Then do only three teams get relegated from L1 to L2, instead of four?

Someone remind me how it works if Bolton are wound up mid season and thrown out of the league like Chester were? Are only two teams relegated from Championship instead of three, and three still go up from L1? Then do only three teams get relegated from L1 to L2, instead of four?

Yes, I believe so. Then Coventry may yet complicate it further if they don't get a ground sorted for next season as only 2 would go down from L1 (if both go kaput). This would mean there would be no relegation from L2 as well I believe if Bolton and Coventry go.

I don't think either will though as something will save them.

• React
Reactions: Ian
so if we don’t get the results we could still stay up due to others misfortunes

Yes, I believe so. Then Coventry may yet complicate it further if they don't get a ground sorted for next season as only 2 would go down from L1 (if both go kaput). This would mean there would be no relegation from L2 as well I believe if Bolton and Coventry go.

I don't think either will though as something will save them.
I think ConcreteBob would remember if he still posts, but wasn't there a phrase for the National League AGM where a relegated team would get a reprieve because someone else got thrown out instead for not exiting administration?

I think ConcreteBob would remember if he still posts, but wasn't there a phrase for the National League AGM where a relegated team would get a reprieve because someone else got thrown out instead for not exiting administration?

The phrase is winning the AGM Trophy.

EFL rules state that the Championship and League One must have 24 teams each, with League Two containing the remaining teams - up to 24. I think the EFL would ideally keep 24 teams in League Two, so if a club ceases to be a member, it affects the relegation places from their division downwards. Quite what would happen in the event of three or more teams leaving, I don't know. They'd have to either reduce the number of teams in League Two, or offer more conference teams a league spot. And if all this were to happen over the summer, it wouldn't give that much time for the teams to prepare for the division that they weren't expecting to be in.

what's happening with Blackpool? they had meeting on 6th march (I think) but not heard anything re outcome of points deduction

what's happening with Blackpool? they had meeting on 6th march (I think) but not heard anything re outcome of points deduction

Mr Harvey was suggesting that the points deduction might not need to be applied if the receiver finds the business is actually viable........ <cough>

Iirc, the receivers have been given time to sort out/look at and report about the finances.

Personally if the FL don't give them the full points deduction then a dangerous precedent has been set as ultimately all such situations are down to incompetent/bad owners/dodgy owners with insufficient funds or asset strippers. Blackpool's case is ultimately no different to past cases as Blackpool aren't the 1st or won't be the last case of asset stripping.

Back
Top Bottom