Winding-up petition number 5 - Here we go again!!!

So we supporters all sit on our hands and wait... After all, we don’t want to upset anyone do we????

The problem we bystanders have in this sorry state of affairs is that we don't actually know whether the late arrival of funds is down to a deliberate policy from the OUFC hierachy or simply a series of contretemps - it would seem that the requisite monetary backing is in place.

Nor do we know if the good and great Erick will be anything other than a figurehead or the real power behind the throne.

All in all, it could make for an interesting cricket season ......

For me it’s a case of quickly secure our place in this league ( 3 points tomorrow) then let’s turn our attention to the directors box , try and make him show his hand ( if he’s there ) .
Let’s not wait to the cricket season .

Too late! Starts today.

That seems to confirm that Tiger isn’t the sole owner of the club. Hopefully by the end of this month there will be clarity on the structure of the board and who actually owns us.
That's a relatively easy question to answer. Thanks to the new equity issued when ST took over, the vast majority of the club's shares are owned by Oxford Investment Holding PTE Ltd.

The shareholders of that company are:

Zaki Nuseibeh – 200,000 – 4.25%

Ghanem Nuseibeh – 200,000 – 4.25%

ST – 2,825,000 – 60%

Knightsbridge Asia Ltd - 1,000,000 - 21.25%

Empire Asia Group – 480,000 – 10.2%

Empire Asia Group is the entity owned by Jack Srisumrid and Pairoj Piempongsant. The more obscure one is Knightsbridge Asia Ltd. I've asked @OxVox a couple of times if they know who is behind this company, but not yet seen a response on that.

So what are you going to do put millions in?
Er, at least we should make some kind of effort to show our discontent in the ground. Pretty soon they will be looking to us to renew season tickets, that will be a sizeable chunk of cash that will certainly be needed.
I may not have the millions to invest as your wise ass comment clearly alludes, but I, and many others do have an investment to make!!
One that I am sure is valued!

[QUOTE="Upthecowboys, post: 133435, member:

Also Kassam may be easier to deal with if we were a community owned club. From the outside it seems like the senior members of Oxvox have had better relationships over the years with him than the likes of Tiger and DE.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry but do you seriously believe that?
Kassam will never be 'easier to deal with' with whoever's he is dealing with.
A reason to not be a community club would be the current situation in my view. The ground would have to be sorted first.

Could this be a way of getting the stadium for a fair, not over inflated price.
Kassam has never asked an over inflated price for the stadium. He's asked a fair price taking into account the profitability of the existing business, and the development potential for the land. This is the point which pretty much every owner (and most fans!) have never got their head around.

Also, if the land became available there is no way in the world that the City Council would turn it down for residential development.

Kassam has never asked an over inflated price for the stadium. He's asked a fair price taking into account the profitability of the existing business, and the development potential for the land. This is the point which pretty much every owner (and most fans!) have never got their head around.

Also, if the land became available there is no way in the world that the City Council would turn it down for residential development.
Am I right in thinking that a price is in place for a suitable buyer? I heard the price for the stadium was 13.5 million..... maybe wrong

Er, at least we should make some kind of effort to show our discontent in the ground. Pretty soon they will be looking to us to renew season tickets, that will be a sizeable chunk of cash that will certainly be needed.
I may not have the millions to invest as your wise ass comment clearly alludes, but I, and many others do have an investment to make!!
One that I am sure is valued!
So we all stop buying ST and what good will that do i will always buy one and only manage to see 7or8 games .Question are you going to buy.

The question over season ticket sales is pointless. The vast majority of fans go regardless of the owner, the manager or the league we play in. We of course get spikes with big games, promotion seasons etc but our core support has always been fairly stable. The biggest risk to season ticket sales isn't Tiger, but possible changes to the installment option.

As with the previous media statement about a possible winding up order, this is as much to do with Kassam playing the media as it is about any lack of funds. There is no doubt that money is available, as it has been all along. Distributing this money has been the issue, and that continues to be poorly managed.

I'm sure these payments will be covered in the next week but as long as Kassam is involved, these issues will likely be ongoing.

..as long as Kassam is involved, these issues will likely be ongoing.

Sorry old lad, but that should read something like "As long as Tiger is flying a holding pattern pending the property move these issues will likely be ongoing." Kassam may or not be the Great Satan but I don't think he operates HMRC.

Okay then, let’s say nothing!!

Do nothing, at least we’ll know we said, did and showed no discontent over any of it. Knowing that our insignificance wouldn’t make a crap of difference anyway!

As Kassam himself has said people/businesses pay things late from time to time but to continue to do so month after month is hardly going to inspire confidnce in you going forward. That Tiger refuses to keep funds here is his choice but if there are forever issues transferring funds then it's a bonkers business decision and invites negativity and lack of confidence.

what surprises me is how little information there is on google if you do a basic search for ST, other than his links to us and Reading. does he just like keeping a low profile or is he just a small time business man
Maybe set your Google location to Thailand and langauge to thai and you may find more as Google probably filters this for you but I am no expert.

I really think the top financial detectives on this forum should really do a shake down on Tiger.Has anyone had a close look... asking @OxVox hopefully? Is Tiger possibly borrowing money against his ‘assets’ to keep the show on the road? What are the guys behind the two investment companies who are shareholders worth?

Continued Brexit uncertainty will probably make any inward overseas investment in OUFC cheaper. The only upside is a property deal with the landlord.

On another note how’s Kassam’s empire doing at the moment? Does he really need to turn the home of football into three bedroom housing development or is this just willy waving?

Tigers - or the real owners - drip drip drip of the cash flow suggests they are waiting for the man. Or Godot.

Enigma wrapped in a riddle. Anyway off to Walsall and hopefully safety at five to five. COYY.

Back
Top Bottom