Winding-up petition number 5 - Here we go again!!!

The club do not care a fig for OxVox, they are an annoyance to pay lip service to and nothing more.
I'd say that the Owner and board view the entire fanbase as nothing but a cash cow to be milked
when they're( the Owner and board) not meting out the mushroom treatment to a very much taken for granted, loyal support- therell be around 2k at Walsall on Saturday, despite this, the latest in a catalogue of financial disasters for OUFC in under 18 months, ALL under the current Owners tenure

I’m sure the FL will be watching us having had so many winding up petitions served.
I worry for the back office staff such as Mick Brown who must be pulling out any last hairs out.
Bolton look to be an appalling mess at the moment. Doubts whether players have been paid. Not turning up for training etc

We cannot trust our Chairman or any of the cronies he has added to the Board. A points deduction is now a very real possibility. What a bloody mess!!

From the EFL site:

If any Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, that Club shall be deducted 12 points.
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-3---the-league/

So, it seems to me that WUPs are not enough to warrant a points deduction. It has to be insolvency and administration.

Slightly concerned that, following last week's announcement on the reduced budget for next season, the team will be forced to suffer as a result of Tiger's failure to perform a basic due diligence exercise before making a bid for the club.

I'm just glad he seems to be suffering financially for being a dick and buying something he can't afford.

maybe if oxford city council grew a pair re the leaseholder of the Priory, and did what they shouldve done some serious time ago, perhaps a certain slum landlord wouldnt have time on his hands to play games with OUFC?

I heard the news of this latest WUP on radox just after I set off from Oxford ... FFS knowing all about compliance youd think OUFC financial dept wouldve ensured measures are in place, especially after the late wages a few days ago, to ensure this never happens again

eitherOUFC Financial dept are rubbish .... or OUFC owner is such a control freak that he even rubbisher
We need Tiger and his cronies to be gone from Oxford

I’m sure the FL will be watching us having had so many winding up petitions served.
I worry for the back office staff such as Mick Brown who must be pulling out any last hairs out.
Bolton look to be an appalling mess at the moment. Doubts whether players have been paid. Not turning up for training etc

The FL are too incompetent for that. See any number of other clubs, many in a worse position. Bolton for example - if their white knight is Laurence Bassini as has been stated heaven help them. Bassini has been declared bankrupt more than once, was banned from owning an EFL club for 3 years in 2013 for financial misconduct and dishonestly. He arranged apparently off-the-books loans to buy a player that were only discovered when the debt was called in on the club after he had sold up, he also gave himself 'advances' from the club of over a million pounds that had to be written off as they weren't properly documented. Most comically of all, just as he was selling the club he tried to 'gain access' to the club safe and threatened to call the police on a club employee that refused to open it.
He was subsequently successfully sued for £3.5million by former Watford directors for debts to them. And in 2014 was made bankrupt again over £37000 he owed, which he said he didn't have the money to pay, or assets to sell to cover.
Subsequent to his ownership of the club, when Watford lost the play-off final he tweeted a bunch of things including "What goes around comes around. This is my happiest memory of Watford " & “How is the feeling in the town now? ...because for me the feeling is amazing. "
If the EFL are seriously engaging with him about 'rescuing' Bolton then they are screwed...

Just heard FK on the radio.
I agree with what he said that a late payment sometimes happens but if you never pay on time it's no way to run a business. Could be lively for the MD at 5:45 If RadOx can get an answer out of him.
It's a bit like lessees not following the terms of the lease because it's not convenient. Not that the clubs custodian would endorse that behaviour right or do that sort of thing to listed buildings?

When I heard the players had been paid late then paid my first thought was is that the rent or revenue monies.
The five minute thing will be interesting from the point of view of how early is it recorded. If no questions about this to I'll get back to you and we'll know it's well before broadcast time. Of course today's the day the MD is coming back to Jerome (I'll hold you to that) with the amount the owners have put in.
Having said all that I still don't understand why anyone would want to chuck money at a football club outside the top two tiers.

When I heard the players had been paid late then paid my first thought was is that the rent or revenue monies.
The five minute thing will be interesting from the point of view of how early is it recorded. If no questions about this to I'll get back to you and we'll know it's well befor broadcast time. Of course today's the day the MD is coming back to Jerome (I'll hold you to that) with the amount the owners have put in.
Having said all that I still don't understand why anyone would want to chuck money at a football club outside the top two tiers.

should have Marvin Gaye - Whats going on playing on loop for the entire five min fans forum this afternoon on rad ox

should have Marvin Gaye - Whats going on playing on loop for the entire five min fans forum this afternoon on rad ox

Stubborn Kind of Fellow
Ain’t That Peculiar
Got To Give It Up
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Can I Get A Witness...

Plenty of Marvin’s back catalogue would do the job it seems!

They are doing nothing about Bolton and Coventry, who are in a far worse state of affairs. Why would they be bothered about our fifth WUP this season? The EFL don’t give a toss.

Back
Top Bottom