Winding-up petition number 5 - Here we go again!!!

Just heard FK on the radio.
I agree with what he said that a late payment sometimes happens but if you never pay on time it's no way to run a business. Could be lively for the MD at 5:45 If RadOx can get an answer out of him.
For a person who makes about two comments a year on OUFC and only when particularly bristled by some antagonistic comment or other that an owner makes, interesting that Kassam was available at short notice for a radio comment / interview.

Why is it that every owner we have had in recent years seems to take the p*** out of our club. Maybe it is time for the fans to take over. I know this has been tentatively mentioned before. Just a thought.

Why is it that every owner we have had in recent years seems to take the p*** out of our club. Maybe it is time for the fans to take over. I know this has been tentatively mentioned before. Just a thought.
This has been mooted for quite some time and to be frank it would need the more better of fans to do that, someone quite some time ago mentioned something similar suggesting I think a Grand from fans but even if fans could do that it still would t be enough.

It would be interesting to see if the fans could generate enough money to buy the club, I have no idea myself but am interested to see what others think

For a person who makes about two comments a year on OUFC and only when particularly bristled by some antagonistic comment or other that an owner makes, interesting that Kassam was available at short notice for a radio comment / interview.
And not available for a pre-arranged meeting as pointed to by Tiger..mind you who would want to be in this world of high stakes and low promises

If you can find someone with a spare £30 million that they will never see again to fund us....
£15mill to buy the stadium and the rest to cover ongoing costs for the forseeable (including all the renovations needed),

Or, buy out our tenancy and build a new stadium ("just like that" as Paul Daniels would oft say) at a cost of...what?...£50 million and several years before any chance of fruition

Anyway...round and round the debate goes, lets just hope that it doesn't stop with our club actually going into receivership/bankruptcy. At present it is really hard to see a sustainable future....:cry:

It would be interesting to see if the fans could generate enough money to buy the club, I have no idea myself but am interested to see what others think
Imagine the debts you would inherit, imagine FK calling in the debt or serve a winding up order imagine even worse the money can’t be found he puts us into admin and I’m sure people who had put into buying the club would be liable and those who have who own their own property and all that hassle that FK could cause.

If you can find someone with a spare £30 million that they will never see again to fund us....
£15mill to buy the stadium and the rest to cover ongoing costs for the forseeable (including all the renovations needed),

Or, buy out our tenancy and build a new stadium ("just like that" as Paul Daniels would oft say) at a cost of...what?...£50 million and several years before any chance of fruition

Anyway...round and round the debate goes, lets just hope that it doesn't stop with our club actually going into receivership/bankruptcy. At present it is really hard to see a sustainable future....:cry:
If you look at the figures being reported, it's hard to see how most EFL clubs are sustainable!? Pro football as a whole (PL excluded) is in a financial mess!

To be fair, Tiger did warn us of more bumps. His update was timed very carefully do drop this in.

But what can we do. We are, to be frank, utterly shafted without a cash injection from somewhere. I share others concerns in where this cash is actually coming from.

Even if this is solved and we just pay late. This happening continually hurts the clubs reputation. I don't know whether tiger doesn't have enough money to sustain us or whether he is just a reckless owner happy to pay bills late. These financial issues (5? Winding up petitions and staff not being paid) may hurt us in the transfer window, as players may not want to come to us due to the worry of not being paid on time

It was Tommy Cooper not Paul Daniels ??

worrying indeed but is this the same Kassam that when i worked there was late paying, did many local businesses out of their dues through a CVA and sacked the stadium builders after he first persuaded them to take 10% of their dues in the CVA? Pots and kettles methinks. I do feel for NMcW, a truly honourable and decent, hard working man, as he has to sort out the mess each time.

worrying indeed but is this the same Kassam that when i worked there was late paying, did many local businesses out of their dues through a CVA and sacked the stadium builders after he first persuaded them to take 10% of their dues in the CVA? Pots and kettles methinks.

That's the feller. Understands how this stuff works.

• React
Reactions: GRB
To be fair, Tiger did warn us of more bumps. His update was timed very carefully do drop this in.

But what can we do. We are, to be frank, utterly shafted without a cash injection from somewhere. I share others concerns in where this cash is actually coming from.
But if he knew you would think he would do all he can to avert this, which has me worried that he has b****r all financial wise

I agree CE.
Marks and Spencer have always been late payers. Several suppliers to them used to be late payers.
I just wish we had a chairman that could see his way to release some money out of the millions in their possession.
We must all be wondering how much longer our club will last for

Well for the first time for a long time I’ve personally got the whip hand, in previous seasons I bought my season ticket and was then let down of what was promised
This time round I’m not purchasing a season ticket and I’ll pick my games to suit.

Back
Top Bottom