Winding-up petition number 5 - Here we go again!!!

That's a relatively easy question to answer. Thanks to the new equity issued when ST took over, the vast majority of the club's shares are owned by Oxford Investment Holding PTE Ltd.

The shareholders of that company are:

Zaki Nuseibeh – 200,000 – 4.25%

Ghanem Nuseibeh – 200,000 – 4.25%

ST – 2,825,000 – 60%

Knightsbridge Asia Ltd - 1,000,000 - 21.25%

Empire Asia Group – 480,000 – 10.2%

Empire Asia Group is the entity owned by Jack Srisumrid and Pairoj Piempongsant. The more obscure one is Knightsbridge Asia Ltd. I've asked @OxVox a couple of times if they know who is behind this company, but not yet seen a response on that.
Thanks Myles. So it is quite possible, that Oxvox know a lot more than is in the public domain?
Let's hope we learn more after this Directors meeting apparently happening at the end of the month.

So we supporters all sit on our hands and wait... After all, we don’t want to upset anyone do we????
Wouldn't the first step to be to contact Oxvox?
They may well know more of what's going on than the rest of us who simply read this forum?

So it is quite possible, that Oxvox know a lot more than is in the public domain?
I'm not trying to second-guess what OxVox do or don't know. However, I would be disappointed if they haven't at least asked the question about Knightsbridge Asia, and I'd be even more disappointed if they weren't prepared to share the answer.

One person missed of interest is Ghanem Nuseibeh.

"the man investment bankers, business executives and even government officials turn to when they want to know what is happening in the Arab world. Not what appears to be happening on the surface, but what is really happening, and what it all means"

Begs the question. Why OUFC?

I recall Ghanem getting a lot of stick for his defence of Saudi Arabia after the Khashoggi butchering.

Wow! Ariel Sharon in a dishdasha.
He also has links to temporary "media fronts" that plant pro-Israel / anti-Palestinian trolls in social media platforms e.g. the Just Journalism front that set the tone for such activities.

[QUOTE="Upthecowboys, post: 133435, member:

Also Kassam may be easier to deal with if we were a community owned club. From the outside it seems like the senior members of Oxvox have had better relationships over the years with him than the likes of Tiger and DE.
Sorry but do you seriously believe that?
Kassam will never be 'easier to deal with' with whoever's he is dealing with.
A reason to not be a community club would be the current situation in my view. The ground would have to be sorted first.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm being too hopeful on that count.

I think it is logical to argue that we've got a better chance of getting some sort of compromise / better deal from Kassam if the relationship is better. Those odds may improve from 0 out of 100, to 1 out of 100 but yes there is more chance of a deal if we can have a productive relationship. By productive I don't mean caving in to him, but I have come around to the way of thinking that nothing can be gained from spouting off in public about him or making inaccurate claims.

This was coming again , so no shock! And thank you DE for selling the club to this chap , as he does not to seem to have the funds to run the club!
Other clubs fans , think it is very funny and may be shows KR as done a good job under this circumstances

One person missed of interest is Ghanem Nuseibeh.

"the man investment bankers, business executives and even government officials turn to when they want to know what is happening in the Arab world. Not what appears to be happening on the surface, but what is really happening, and what it all means"

Begs the question. Why OUFC?
Ghanem is Zaki's brother. Zaki's company made a few quid out of Reading when ST and co were there....

Ghanem is Zaki's brother. Zaki's company made a few quid out of Reading when ST and co were there....
Indeed, but why OUFC? And why invest money as he presumably has? There isn't the obvious property play that there is in Reading.

I just won't listen to anything that comes out of the club anymore, it's all bullshit and I just cannot be bothered.

I have no respect for any of them and to be frank I love our club and would do anything for it. But I just cannot face the never ending shite that we are being fed, it's not something new and the slum landlord is someone I hate.

But I honestly cannot bear this anymore

Up the U's!
Isn't that the only sensible way to see this? :) I agree. Lets face it, we have chosen to follow and love a club which is likely to cause us more grief than joy (my god to I celebrate any joy). Its a crooked network of money men, preying on the goodwill of council's throughout the land who are desperate to have a fairly local football team/stadium, paid for privately with planning guarantees, ultimately create a pyramid of businessmen pursuing self interests, and whatever goes on within the club we love becomes irrelevant. They have brass necks. Enjoy it whilst it lasts - entertainment evolves - investment sometimes isn't justified. Hopefully this circus doesn't leave town.

If Blackpool didn't have a tower......marketable......... our branding? Smartest fans in the whole of England (!) with a world famous "name" which should have aspirations of a football team playing at the top level. It's an easy "sell". As far as I know the "Oxford brand" hasn't yet been truly exploited. A cute businesman with cashflow for 10 yrs plus might make money, especially if he delivers on the pitch. Every tourist heads for Oxford. I just think we are a "vehicle" with a bit of potential for businessmen who see a longer term strategy. But a very marketable one compared to Rochdale, Fleetwood and even Pompey. We need someone with 50m over ten years to be Championship, with a huge warchest if we then start really strongly in the Championship and can trade promotion. Surely at 50m any businessman makes money IF you ever sneaked right up. TV rights etc. "The Holy Grail". 10yrs/25yrs same argument although aware that every year the gaps get wider through every league. But could we ever, even with £1bn invested, ever compete with MC? I mean really. So we have to be realistic. We are a toy of businessmen, who's financial investment into the club is limited to their potential gain from it. Clearly what ST and people who go every week pay is clearly not enough to sustain the club. We aren't even selling enough shirts! The marketing of OUFC as a word wide brand, I have to say, is appalling. Make a Chinese App style short video and spam it to Chinese FFS, with a hyperlink to a short video of Chinese girls and boys sporting OUFC shirts. Marketable......

We could also pin lucky heather on passing Japanese tourists with a £330 season ticket, and not charge any commission

But OUFC is a business which loses money and so are sponsored by our chairmen. Ultimately if we don't find either someone with vision and funding who believes he can leverage the name, then as an investment it comes down to people like DE who stand in as custodians and will never be more than a rich man's hobby. Why would you use this vehicle, which has always been a failure, for your first foray into football ownership? Limits you to billionaires who want to "prove everyone else wrong" A list anyone? Shinier vehicles emerge. Then it is gone ladies and gentleman. The reality.

I still believe FK would feel very unhappy if OUFC renewed the contract on the ground. It would put his last chance to squeeze a little more blood out of his OUFC dealings right down the toilet

Back
Top Bottom