Chairman Winding up order served by Kassam

Well this is a bloody lovely birthday present! In just over an hour or so I will be 72. I've been an Oxford fan since I was 6 and this is the worst day in all those 66 years. Even falling into the conference wasn't so bad.

I don't know who to blame but it all stinks, that's for sure. Just a few days ago I was thinking about a new stadium and would it be in use before I join my parents at the crematorium. Now I really am depressed as my dream is not going to work out.

So thank you to all the owners of the club over the last 20+ years. You really have blown it all away.

Now I'm off to bed, maybe I'll get an FC Utrecht season card next year.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Not sure it’s worse than the 3rd and 4th seasons in the Conference or the relegation to it in the first place just yet, but looks like it’s heading that way.

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that nobody shows up on a white horse and a sack of gold. We have been bought on a whim by a delusional fool.

I hope what I was told turns out to be wrong, but I would have thought if there was any truth/belief that Thohir was coming in April that they would have known!

I hope what I was told turns out to be wrong, but I would have thought if there was any truth/belief that Thohir was coming in April that they would have known!

If there’s a stadium to be built then I expect he’ll come. I doubt he’s got any interest in financing the day to day finances.

This is true. Eales will certainly have expected to get the 4.2m charge out. it would be quite ironic if the club folded with Slippery's charge unpaid

Aye, proper gallows humour that.

I have posted before that Thohir stated when he joined the board, that he wanted to be associated with the world famous name of Oxford. He achieved the kudos by joining the board of OUFC with no actual interest in the club itself. He never promised to provide funds.I was derided for saying so at the time but still stand by my assertion.

Well this is a bloody lovely birthday present! In just over an hour or so I will be 72. I've been an Oxford fan since I was 6 and this is the worst day in all those 66 years. Even falling into the conference wasn't so bad.

I don't know who to blame but it all stinks, that's for sure. Just a few days ago I was thinking about a new stadium and would it be in use before I join my parents at the crematorium. Now I really am depressed as my dream is not going to work out.

So thank you to all the owners of the club over the last 20+ years. You really have blown it all away.

Now I'm off to bed, maybe I'll get an FC Utrecht season card next year.

Stick with your team.

Last edited:
Why is Kassam doing this? I bet there’s been a time to pay deal set up re the arbitration sum he’s won and, as usual, our chairman and his advisers have tried it on. I still, madly maybe, think there is money floating around but the pr and day to day management of the club is just woeful.

We have to do all we can short-term as supporters to keep the club in div 1. Yes, I know it’s difficult with this joker in nominal charge, but what else can you do?

No to a phoenix club, we are too far up the pyramid for that nonsense.

Rare footage emerging from inside the OUFC boardroom:

View attachment 1149

There’s people in our boardroom? Well there’s something I’ve learned today.

For all talk of FK ‘vindictiveness’, I don’t see him as a pleasant man but I can’t see him bothering himself with spiting Oxford United just for the sake of it. He’s chasing what’s owed to him - be that a football club, a housing association, a contractor, his 1p change from the newsagent. He’ll chase up every penny as he’s greedy.

If vindictiveness was his MO, he could have dealt a coup de grace a long time ago, I reckon. In the meantime, OUFC is a cash cow that gives him plenty, takes up a minimal amount of time barring the occasional meeting where he can stonewall any amendments to our agreement to play there and sit on a pile of land should the club ever move away. He doesn’t need to do anything else. He’s sat on a goldmine whatever happens ...

... anyone know what an expensive divorce would cost him?! Genuinely thinking blackmail is the only way out of this scenario!

Last edited:
I had my doubts when my Reading supporting friend warned me a couple of years he’s a crook.

The fact is F K does not want the club in a position to sign an extension to the present lease. He wants one last big pay day from his ‘gamble’ when he bought the club. If tiger or someone else does renew the contract then he not only has to respect this contract which he cannot get out off but he is also going to have spend some serious money on the ground which he has not looked after properly ever since he semi finished it.

He senses that tiger is weak and sees now as a perfect time to go for the jugular. No transfer window and limited income till the new season ticket income.

If you were a landlord and keen to develop a piece of land, but couldn’t because a company had an active lease on the property on that land, a way to get around this could be to employ a third party to buy that company with the intention of running it down. Immoral? Yes. Selfish? Yes. Illegal? Probably, but then you might have so much money and power that authorities won’t challenge you on such matters. You may have tested such things with running down a listed building, for example.

Who best to employ to act as this third party? Probably someone who lives the other side of the world, who can disappear easily. Dress him up smart and make out he has some rich friends, to give the impression that everything is above board. If the seller does have any affiliation or care for the club that might work, if they don’t then it doesn’t hurt.

But, you or the third party wouldn’t want the expense of having to actually buy that company initially if you’re aiming to wind it up in due course. Maybe an alternative purchase agreement could be made, where say you take on the debt (which you won’t actually pay, or where the landlord will be one of the first to be paid by the administrators), and instead promise the seller the money for a certain set of assets which will get sold quickly.

Entirely theoretical all of this, and you’d have to be some piece of work to actually go through with it.

As a businessman and owner of the stadium, Kassam is well within his right to seek any payments owed to him. But lets not use our frustrations over our current owner to take away from the fact that Kassam has done more to kill our club than anyone. He is a wealthy man, and the money he makes from Oxford United is a pittance compared to the rest of his income, yet it has undermined our opportunities to succeed for a generation. The rent is one thing, but look at the state of the stadium and ask if you'd pay the services charges being asked? We have a stadium that is freezing, seats covered in bird s**t, toilets that are a disgrace and a pitch not fit for purpose. In addition we have seen the Priory left in ruin and nothing that the club can call it's own. Everyone involved with the club has tried to find a way forward, playing nice has got us absolutely no where. So this might look bad from the outside, but maybe it is time that someone fucked about with Kassam the way he has fucked with our club. The idea that we should bow down to Kassam is pathetic. He is the one that we should be fighting against. Whatever your thoughts are on Tiger, Eales, Lennegan, they have come in to try to run this club but have no chance whilst Kassam steals a fortune away from us year on year without giving a single thing back. If, and it's a huge if, we are in a position to locate elsewhere, I hope that additional housing already surrounds the Kassam and any commercial value is lost. This maybe years away, but I hope that we transfer the much needed shithousery from the pitch to the boardroom and P**s Kassam off even more than we clearly have already.

The fact is F K does not want the club in a position to sign an extension to the present lease. He wants one last big pay day from his ‘gamble’ when he bought the club. If tiger or someone else does renew the contract then he not only has to respect this contract which he cannot get out off but he is also going to have spend some serious money on the ground which he has not looked after properly ever since he semi finished it.

He senses that tiger is weak and sees now as a perfect time to go for the jugular. No transfer window and limited income till the new season ticket income.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a been a very desperate long distance call from Thailand to Indonesia in the last few hours...

I said on Saturday that I was fearful for the future of the club

Then this happens

Fuckin disaster

As a previous poster has suggested, there is a small chance Kassam and Tiger are in cahoots, and have been since before the club was sold.
I pray not, as that would be the end of OUFC.

As a businessman and owner of the stadium, Kassam is well within his right to seek any payments owed to him. But lets not use our frustrations over our current owner to take away from the fact that Kassam has done more to kill our club than anyone. He is a wealthy man, and the money he makes from Oxford United is a pittance compared to the rest of his income, yet it has undermined our opportunities to succeed for a generation. The rent is one thing, but look at the state of the stadium and ask if you'd pay the services charges being asked? We have a stadium that is freezing, seats covered in bird st, toilets that are a disgrace and a pitch not fit for purpose. In addition we have seen the Priory left in ruin and nothing that the club can call it's own. Everyone involved with the club has tried to find a way forward, playing nice has got us absolutely no where. So this might look bad from the outside, but maybe it is time that someone fucked about with Kassam the way he has fucked with our club. The idea that we should bow down to Kassam is pathetic. He is the one that we should be fighting against. Whatever your thoughts are on Tiger, Eales, Lennegan, they have come in to try to run this club but have no chance whilst Kassam steals a fortune away from us year on year without giving a single thing back. If, and it's a huge if, we are in a position to locate elsewhere, I hope that additional housing already surrounds the Kassam and any commercial value is lost. This maybe years away, but I hope that we transfer the much needed shithousery from the pitch to the boardroom and Ps Kassam off even more than we clearly have already.
Top fu@@ING post

Can’t wait for our little slot on “Can’t Pay We’ll Take It Away”

Utter f*g shambles. Embarrassing state of affairs.

Club is being run by clowns.

Remember seeing a slot on that when visiting my gran where they actually visited a non-league club (can't remember which) and had their eyes on mowers, pitch equipment and so on, so not actually that unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom