Chairman Winding up order served by Kassam

I suppose we have to be thankful that the stadium company didn't shut everybody out Saturday if we owe them that sort of money. What sanctions would the EFL hit the club with then?

This is the arbitration case DE set in motion before he left, it was ongoing before Tiger & co came along, the club have just been slapped with an £800k bill that wasn't their fight, it couldn't be factored in to day to day expenses.
Yes , true I had forgot all that , with all what is going on at our mad club.

Sorry to rehash what I know is an old argument, but genuine question, how do we know that Sartori would have been any better? He made the same noises as Tiger, no? Vision of premiership and all that
To be fair there was a good interview with Sartori in the OM where he explained his vision and how it was all going to be financed. Unfortunately I think it was then that DE threw his toys out the pram and pulled the plug, saying something along the lines of too much information being leaked. Unfortunately, a year on, and we still wait for a Tigers grand vision to be shared with us.

Maybe that's why SD walked away as he could see the money pit the club is.
I think SD said on this or previous forum that the stadium wasn’t really viable in current position. The 800k owed is for service charges for service charges if I am correct, if so how much were we paying a year for this. If around 200k a year that’s around 4 years worth so basically almost since Eales took over.
I am fast coming to the conclusion whoever said on Thursday that the Kassam was an option long term has dropped a bollock because since then FK has seemingly massively hardened his stance against the club. He knows that the club is in a weak position and not being run well financially. Does he see this as an opportunity to get us out earlier so he can have what he has always wanted on the site eg houses which will make lots more money.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Oxford City Council could instigate legal action against firoka for his point blank refusal to comply with the requirements of his lease on grade 11 listed priory... and his failure to comply with requirements granting him planning permission for the hotel he built next to it.... .doubtful they will though, city council are s**t scared of the tax exiled slum landlord imo

Firoka /stadco offices at the bowlplex could be picketed by oufc supporters with or without wearing yellow vests, though to be effective it would need to be when the said offices are occupied, and would need media coverage. Problem with that is there is sadly few ,if any , investigative journalists involved with local media outlets.....without local jounos supporting oufc supporters in the media, itd be as pointless as the team are in terms of away wins this season (so far)

Last edited:
This club needs a complete reset. I for one would be happy to sacrifice having to start all over again at the bottom. There is certainly enough intelligence and numbers in our fan base to make it happen. There is so much potential for a great football club in this county but we seem destined to be forever handicapped under the conditions we now find ourselves in. I know this has come up in discussion over the years but it’s looking increasingly likely that this may be the only way forward.

This club needs a complete reset. I for one would be happy to sacrifice having to start all over again at the bottom. There is certainly enough intelligence and numbers in our fan base to make it happen. There is so much potential for a great football club in this county but we seem destined to be forever handicapped under the conditions we now find ourselves in. I know this has come up in discussion over the years but it’s looking increasingly likely that this may be the only way forward.
Some people said dropping to the conference was not a bad thing "new grounds to visit" and took us much longer than thought to get back up.

Totally against this.

I think SD said on this or previous forum that the stadium wasn’t really viable in current position. The 800k owed is for service charges for service charges if I am correct, if so how much were we paying a year for this. If around 200k a year that’s around 4 years worth so basically almost since Eales took over.
I am fast coming to the conclusion whoever said on Thursday that the Kassam was an option long term has dropped a bollock because since then FK has seemingly massively hardened his stance against the club. He knows that the club is in a weak position and not being run well financially. Does he see this as an opportunity to get us out earlier so he can have what he has always wanted on the site eg houses which will make lots more money.
We have an option to extend the lease, he only has to put up the lease to make it hard for us to sign again.
This WUP was started a while ago long before last Thursday, hard to see why this is unravelling like this, it's the fans who suffer as always.
Would of FK of got his money if we went into administration.

What I can’t work out if this business with the non payment of the service charge, did Eales sell the club cheaper because of the ongoing issue with the service charge? Did a legal team who would have been present at the exchange of contracts not make enquiries, if not then why can’t we tell firoka that this was Eales we will pay our service charge and you then chase Eales for his share and put Solihull motors in the s**t

I think sometimes it seems so frustrating and looking like this isn't ever going to end. But, correct me if I'm wrong, the agreement signed by Merry has under 10 years to run, so the question would be: Is it worth throwing away all our history and completely starting again?

At the moment I think the answer is no. Owners come and go, as do staff and managers. History is something you can't replace though. The stadium situation will be solved eventually, it will take a lot of time, but it's not something that is, as of yet, unsolvable.

What I can’t work out if this business with the non payment of the service charge, did Eales sell the club cheaper because of the ongoing issue with the service charge? Did a legal team who would have been present at the exchange of contracts not make enquiries, if not then why can’t we tell firoka that this was Eales we will pay our service charge and you then chase Eales for his share and put Solihull motors in the s**t
I think that Firoka would have a deal with OUFC Ltd or whatever the company name is, not Eales. When he sold the company, the new owner takes on everything.

Eales is astute enough not to guarantee anything in his own name I'd of thought

Sorry to rehash what I know is an old argument, but genuine question, how do we know that Sartori would have been any better? He made the same noises as Tiger, no? Vision of premiership and all that

Type in "Juan Sartori" into a search engine and you can see the fella is the real deal when it comes to holding folding. His Mrs, through an investment trust, is the majority shareholder of AS Monaco.

Very little information (outside of Oxford United and Reading FC) when it comes to searching for Thanakarnjanasuth. In this day and age, I find that slightly odd. Coupled with the absolute cluster-fcuk level of incompetence (verging on negligence) shown with the running of the club's day-to-day affairs, I find it extremely suspicious.

Thanks all. As I say, not trying to play devil's advocate, just genuinely curious.

Happy days....

Kassam is no friend of the club, but this s**t show lies squarely with the owner Thanakarnjanasuth and the rest of the board.

I have a lot of sympathy for the staff who work at the club.

One of the many things that popped into my head as well.

Robinson and McWilliams have come in for a lot of stick, but it cannot be easy working in these conditions.

Back
Top Bottom