Chairman Winding up order served by Kassam

I would imagine that FK knows a great deal about Tigers finances and reasons that this is the most likely way to get paid.
Why does the little s**t keep telling lies?

I've heard before, from fairly "decent" people that actually, after all the shite, Firoz is concerned that the club doesnt go under and he's very sceptical about Tiger's reign.

Ah, OK. Never thought of that.

It'd be a hell of a way of doing it though wouldn't it? From my understanding, a winding up order results (if the court agrees) in an receiver to liquidate all of the debtors assets, which in turn pay back the debts. I may be wrong though.

We've got no assets, other than players, so forcing them to be sold would do more damage than good, I'd have thought.

It could be a way of forcing Tiger to come out and say what his plans are but I don't think that's likely - but who knows?

Yes. This time we're not paying Firoka rather than the government.

Pretty sure the process is different, Firoka will have taken a claim to the county court first and after award transferred to the high court.

Not as easy for a WUP to be raised as it is by HMRC - I think.

Let’s all turn up with scarves, flags, anything oufc branded and hold them upside down
That’s right until fans protest nothing is going to happen.
KR would be sacked if the crowd stood together and chanted him out.
Even Kassam left after the protest to the board room and us sat outside.
If you ask me the ultras have one last job it’s to organise a protest against the club.

I've heard before, from fairly "decent" people that actually, after all the shite, Firoz is concerned that the club doesnt go under and he's very sceptical about Tiger's reign.

I suppose you could look at it in two ways.

1) For Firoz to have a constant stream of income coming in from the stadium, it's in his interest to keep Oxford United running as a financially-sound football club. This could be Firoz forcing Tiger's hand to set a precedent that payments to Firoka should be paid quicker, meaning either Tiger pays on time and consistently, or could force Tiger out quicker so that someone would come in who could.

2) Firoz is looking at the club situation at the moment and is taking full advantage. If he presses Tiger for a payment, Tiger will either pay up and it'll all be fine, or Oxford could go into liquidation. Liquidation would mean the sale of assets to pay the debts to Kassam, and could mean that the club dissolves. Thus the tenancy agreement becomes null and void, without him having to break the contract himself. This would mean the Kassam Stadium is now vacant and the land the ground sits on could be used for redevelopments.

It's really staggering how quickly an optimistic community-feel club can so quickly appear to turn into a negative corporation distancing themselves from the fans. Pretty depressing times at the moment and I'm not talking about the football itself. Everything around the club seems to have been mishandled and poorly communicated consistently since Tiger took over.

Every opportunity they've had to reinstate some faith and understanding with the fans has fallen colossally short.

"funding has been agreed in principle" no, the bloody money should be there ready now!

It will get paid, whatever shambolic or sinister game is being played here by whoever is really behind this (can’t believe bow tie tiger is the main man) isn’t going to play out this quickly. It’s a club being run very strangely, for some reason (not a clue myself) but something must be behind this more than a little Thai bloke wanting to own a football club in a country is rarely in?

Hard to imagine but would Tiger risk going bust to change contract with Firoz Kassam?

The whole board need to resign, put the club up for sale and let someone else step in.

Back
Top Bottom