General Will this be enough to get a new deal with Singha?

Marked Ox

God like member

I doubt it personally but it does suggest a better working relationship between the club and Firoka.

The publicity and success is more likely to make a difference (Man City West Ham)

If it is priced along the same lines as all the other beers, sales won't be astronomical folks!

Call me a cynic but any improved relationship between the club and Firoka over the next few months is only going to get me feeling jittery that an announcement along the lines of ‘The club would like to announce the great news that a new positive partnership with Firoka means we can move forward together with a new 25 year lease, and look forward to working closely together in an exciting new era etc etc..‘ is on the cards.

Call me a cynic but any improved relationship between the club and Firoka over the next few months is only going to get me feeling jittery that an announcement along the lines of ‘The club would like to announce the great news that a new positive partnership with Firoka means we can move forward together with a new 25 year lease, and look forward to working closely together in an exciting new era etc etc..‘ is on the cards.
I would be very surprised.
I wonder if anything will be said at the fans forum?

Interesting view that is. I wonder what the board would do if firoka offered to build a fourth stand with a shop below and finish the rest of stadium off, maybe even let us be in charge of the catering side and let us use the stadium more often. Obviously we would have to pay rent and we wouldn't own the stadium still. But alot of clubs in the football league don't actually own the stadium, the chairman does or council.

Interesting view that is. I wonder what the board would do if firoka offered to build a fourth stand with a shop below and finish the rest of stadium off, maybe even let us be in charge of the catering side and let us use the stadium more often. Obviously we would have to pay rent and we wouldn't own the stadium still. But alot of clubs in the football league don't actually own the stadium, the chairman does or council.
It's the rent that's killing us (and that wouldn't go down if Uncle F built a new stand and shops and finished/refurbished the rest of the place). The profit off a few pies isn't going to make any material difference to that, and as a package it would have no appeal to the investors on the board.

Can’t see Kassam offering us a decent deal, definitely can’t see him finishing the stadium and then maintaining it to a decent standard (the man made his money from being a slum landlord), what’s in it for him?

It's the rent that's killing us (and that wouldn't go down if Uncle F built a new stand and shops and finished/refurbished the rest of the place). The profit off a few pies isn't going to make any material difference to that, and as a package it would have no appeal to the investors on the board.

What's going to be different with a new stadium then or if we buy the kassam. If the board sell us on, we will be back to square one renting a stadium.

Can’t see Kassam offering us a decent deal, definitely can’t see him finishing the stadium and then maintaining it to a decent standard (the man made his money from being a slum landlord), what’s in it for him?

He may be forced too at the end of the current lease, we can move and groundshare while he has an empty stadium which he won't get planning permission on until we find a new home.

Back
Top Bottom