International News Will Smith 'decks' Chris Rock

boogaloo

Did anyone see this? I can't help but feel this was totally scripted and that they were both in on it.

a) The way Chris Rock held his hands behind his back as if he knew what was coming.
b) The slap was very theatrical, and didn't appear to do any damage. Also Chris Rock didn't flinch, rub his cheek suggesting it was a 'Hollywood slap' rather than a 'You insulted my wife slap'. There was no retaliation from Rock, no grappling on the floor. Smith just casaually walked off as if nothing had happened.
c) No security rushed onto stage either before or after the event, plus Will Smith was not ejected from the arena.
d) The Oscars ceremony has lost it's prestige over the years due to the Pandemic, and it needs something like this to put it back on the front-pages. As the old saying goes - there's no such thing as 'bad publicity'

This had all the hallmarks of something scripted by Vince McMahon and his team of WWE script-writers.

Did anyone see this? I can't help but feel this was totally scripted and that they were both in on it.

a) The way Chris Rock held his hands behind his back as if he knew what was coming.
b) The slap was very theatrical, and didn't appear to do any damage. Also Chris Rock didn't flinch, rub his cheek suggesting it was a 'Hollywood slap' rather than a 'You insulted my wife slap'. There was no retaliation from Rock, no grappling on the floor. Smith just casaually walked off as if nothing had happened.
c) No security rushed onto stage either before or after the event, plus Will Smith was not ejected from the arena.
d) The Oscars ceremony has lost it's prestige over the years due to the Pandemic, and it needs something like this to put it back on the front-pages. As the old saying goes - there's no such thing as 'bad publicity'

This had all the hallmarks of something scripted by Vince McMahon and his team of WWE script-writers.

Was certainly my view/impression.

All a bit odd really.

The most interesting thing to ever happen at the Oscars, in all honesty.

You can also tell it's fake because in the 2008 film Hancock, Will Smith throws a beached whale back into the sea. He's obviously very strong so a real slap would've taken Chris Rock's (small) head clean off his shoulders.

True.

I also hear that Will Smith’s mum was terrified by the ‘slap’, and subsequently he’s moving in with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Air to lay low.

If you think that is "decking" someone you have much to learn.

MrsEY(Mk2) could have properly decked him.

Staged and pathetic IMHO.

Mostly I'm surprised he won best actor because in everything I've ever seen him in, apart from men in black, he is awful. Surely he hasn't learned to act by now?

We're into the second day of this celebrity hokum.

The more I see and hear about it, the more I'm convinced it was staged. Chris Rock grimaces before being 'hit' and doesn't make any effort to defend himself, Will Smith throws a convincing stage punch that ends up being a slap, there's a hint of a smirk as he walks back to his seat, the cameras kept rolling (without sound) whilst this went on, no security were present before of after the incident and Smith wasn't spoken to by any authorities at all in the aftermath. He was seen partying into the night. Some people have done less and been banned or ignored by the Academy Awards. You bet he won't be for this as the Academy needed something of note to make what is a very boring event to be of interest to more people.

All rather planned, I feel. Just wait until this time next year when all the yawnworthy build up will be 'will it be as eventful as last year's event where Will Smith and ... '. It'll have more people tuning in to see if there is more celebrity beef to be had out on stage (not from Jessica Chastain obviously, as she's a vegan).

He turned down The Matrix to do that instead. Bit rich that he’s the one dishing out the slaps.

Although I’m not really a fan of his, the story Kevin Smith tells of getting involved with Superman Lives, which eventually led to a giant mechanical spider transferring to Wild Wild West, is so funny.

Back
Top Bottom