Transfer News Will Grigg

Hilarious reading their forum. Most of them want rid of him. ( but not to us , their rivals ) . Seems the only service he gets is over the top balls. No wonder he seldom scores. Would we want him though?.

Bet robbo would take him aslong as Sunderland were paying half his wages. I reckon he would bang some goals in with us. Please make it happen so I can see the meltdown on their forum when he fires us to promotion ?

Looks like the thread on the Sunderland forum has been removed?

Had a quick scan at some of the other posts on there, not a happy place!

Looks like the thread on the Sunderland forum has been removed?
Had a quick scan at some of the other posts on there, not a happy place!
Ah was wondering why it was asking me to sign in. Some of the other threads well worth a read though!

Sunderland’s forum is the new LutonOutlaws. Swivel-eyed, angry fans impotently thrashing around in the digital wilderness bemoaning their under-performing team. They need to learn some perspective as I’ve said before. Being arrogant and entitled about thinking you can boss League 1 rather than getting on with the job in hand only leads to negative feeling.

As for Will Grigg, it seems like a load of hokum to me. If it ever came to pass, I’d hope we’d get the Grigg that played for Wigan than the Grigg that has – ahem – performed for Sunderland twice at the Kassam since then.

Out of interest, did anyone ever find where the ball went after his penalty?

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Look at his scoring history. The issue isn't grigg, it is Sunderland. kr could get the best out of him

His salary would be significant I imagine so I think it would be a risk.

Both in terms of meaning that we unbalanced the squad for an area we don’t currently need support with (ie goals!) and given how massively unconfident he apparently is at the moment.

His salary would be significant I imagine so I think it would be a risk.

Both in terms of meaning that we unbalanced the squad for an area we don’t currently need support with (ie goals!) and given how massively unconfident he apparently is at the moment.

Oh yes I agree with that. I meant only for a loan at the moment, assuming we were only paying a portion of his wages (wishful thinking perhaps?)

• React
Reactions: MJB
I doubt Sunderland are in the mood to loan out their (albeit currently s**t) players to any team that is a direct threat to their promotion dreams.

Agreed. It would be hilarious though! Especially if Robinson got him scoring again - can you just imagine the Sunderland forum then!

Looks like Robbo is interested in another striker based on his comments around watching the Swindon game. I doubt there are any legs in this Grigg story but I also doubt we would turn down the opportunity to bring in a not so long ago 4 million rated player if the opportunity arose.

Back
Top Bottom