Will Grigg

Shame Thohir wasn't completely on board for OUFC. I believe Sunderland paid £4 million for Grigg. That's back of the sofa money for Erick. Allegedly.

Think it was £1.5 million with add ons, with a big one being that Sunderland pay more if they reach the premier league with Grigg, really can’t see that happening soon so it won’t reach £4 million.

Its natural for Robbo to have wanted him.
It was also unrealistic for Robbo to have wanted him!!

Depends on what budget Bullshit he was spun at the time as it seemed last summers hit list was ambition..

Surely he was never ever going to come to us , like quite a few of the names banded about at the time.

Nowhere in the article does it say we tried to sign him. All Robinson said was he is a player they would of liked in the summer but nothing was going to materialise from it which usually means they didn’t even bother asking about Grigg.

Nowhere in the article does it say we tried to sign him. All Robinson said was he is a player they would of liked in the summer but nothing was going to materialise from it which usually means they didn’t even bother asking about Grigg.

Tiger: were going for it this year Karl, who would you like?
Robbo: Will Grigg has been there, done it in this league
Tiger: sounds good. How much?
Robbo: maybe 1 million
Tiger: obika has looked good to be fair. I also know a chap at Reading....

Signed by a club who regular attract 6 times our support, who play in their own stadium with all the revenue that that brings.

Do you expect us to spend to their levels?

Robinson said "He's someone I wanted to bring in during the summer" that statement has a bit more conviction in it than "would of liked". Its fairly obvious that we couldn't afford him plus he wouldn't have wanted to drop down.

Robinson said "He's someone I wanted to bring in during the summer" that statement has a bit more conviction in it than "would of liked". Its fairly obvious that we couldn't afford him plus he wouldn't have wanted to drop down.
If Robinson did say that then if I was Tiger I’d tell him to button it. Robinson’s ridiculous announcements and proclamations don’t help Tiger and the supporters expectations one bit. A lot of the players that the club have signed aren’t at all bad but nine times out of ten they arrive under an air of anticlimax due to the managers over excited statements.

Back
Top Bottom