Sport Wilder v Fury

Let those without sin & all that. Nobody is "perfect" and he has the right to express his views surely? ;) ?
I never claimed to be Jesus! I'm not sure he has the 'right' to be bigoted - but the rest of us do certainly have the right to pour scorn on him for it.

Let those without sin & all that. Nobody is "perfect" and he has the right to express his views surely? ;) [emoji16]

Well of course he has the right to express his homophobic and sexist bile. And I have the right to call him a tool. Not sure why battering some other rich bloke in front of a baying crowd gives him the excuse to be a tool though.

Last edited:
I will say, he has apologised for the sexist and homophobic comments and does seem like a reformed character now. He's even speaking up to discourage traveller parents from taking their kids out of school. It can be hard to criticise your own community in a public sphere like that so fair play.

he has apologised for the sexist and homophobic comments and does seem like a reformed character now
Yep, he's toned all that down, but with someone like Fury you have to wonder when the next meltdown is going to happen.
I say this after watching the highlights of his win over Wilder and seeing him licking blood from the guy's neck. That's right...Wilder is bleeding badly from the ear and Fury openly licks flecks of blood from his opponents neck.
Psycho-pervy.

Did anybody watch the fight?
I assume that Wilders corner were right to throw in the towel?
Was it totally one sided?

Highlights available on You Tube for the dirt poor amongst us. Wilder was getting hammered but showed a lot of bravery. Corner absolutely right to chuck it in. Fury is a great boxer with massive amounts of craft and ring cunning. Not a reader of the 'Ring' but he's possibly he best heavyweight since Tyson. He should cut down on the post fight singing though.

I would imagine Joshua will avoid him.

Was it totally one sided?
It was very one-sided. A bit surprising how little Wilder seemed to have in the tank.
Fury leaned on him a lot, using his extra weight, and scored with some body punches, but you'd have thought that Wilder would have had more stamina. Maybe Fury had got inside his head...he just didn't look like he had any self-belief.

It was very one-sided. A bit surprising how little Wilder seemed to have in the tank.
Fury leaned on him a lot, using his extra weight, and scored with some body punches, but you'd have thought that Wilder would have had more stamina. Maybe Fury had got inside his head...he just didn't look like he had any self-belief.

Has Wilder ever fought on the back foot before as Fury never let him get going forward in this fight?

Highlights available on You Tube for the dirt poor amongst us. Wilder was getting hammered but showed a lot of bravery. Corner absolutely right to chuck it in. Fury is a great boxer with massive amounts of craft and ring cunning. Not a reader of the 'Ring' but he's possibly he best heavyweight since Tyson. He should cut down on the post fight singing though.

I would imagine Joshua will avoid him.

He’s good but he isn’t in Lennox Lewis class, a boxer who could punch, Fury would of had to go ultra defensive to last 12 rounds with him.

Joshua has a chance against him, he is better technically than Wilder and Fury is not unhittable, if the odds for Joshua are favourable I would put a tenner on him.

I saw a lot of social media comments saying Wilder struggled after a Fury punch hit him on the ear early on in the fight. Also, Fury seemed to have changed his style a bit for that fight and Wilder didn't adjust.

Wilder has fought only two opponents ranked in the top 20. His record is based on thumping journeymen and no hopers.

I just cannot see how Joshua is going to beat Fury unless he nails him with a real big punch. Fury showed that he is the real deal and, like it or not, he possesses greater boxing skill than any heavyweight since Lennox Lewis.

Personally, I think the guy is a tosser, but, at times an amusing tosser and a great fighter and you have to salute what he has achieved in the ring. His record speaks for itself.

Yep, he's toned all that down, but with someone like Fury you have to wonder when the next meltdown is going to happen.
I say this after watching the highlights of his win over Wilder and seeing him licking blood from the guy's neck. That's right...Wilder is bleeding badly from the ear and Fury openly licks flecks of blood from his opponents neck.
Psycho-pervy.

I saw that on the You Tube highlights..... blood, sweat & tears.....tastttyyyy.... :sick: :sick:

Back
Top Bottom