Wigan game

Ox4Eva

Would this game not have been ideal for a kid for a quid day?

Gets the younger generation along in larger numbers and boosts the crowd.

I know this will have a larger crowd than normal (hopefully! ) but it would be to see something like this being organised.

I suppose it's now too late but the club should maybe look at another game before the end of the season..

I believe IL did some work on kids for quid games and found they really did not work for OUFC. Nor when KT gave away tickets to anyone with a pulse.

Was thinking along similar lines, this match should have been marketed as 'Not' The Boxing Day game!! Plus, the club give out some freebies for the kids via Olly Ox and Chelsea reject! :LOL:

I think we should look to pull in a healthy crowd for this one. At least 9,500 perhaps? Wigan will bring near to a thousand at least you would expect.

OXFORD UNITED v WIGAN ATHLETIC
THE KASSAM STADIUM
SKY BET LEAGUE ONE
SATURDAY 23 DECEMBER 2017
KICK-OFF 3.00pm
We have received our full allocation of tickets for the Sky Bet League One trip to face Oxford United at The Kassam Stadium on Saturday 23 December 2017.

FOR WIGAN ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS TRAVELLING TO OXFORD UNITED, PLEASE BE REMINDED IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO USE PYROTECHNIC DEVICES.CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS AND BANNING ORDERS COULD RESULT IF ANYONE BREAKS THE LAW IN THIS WAY. PLEASE RESPECT THE LAW AND THE GOOD NAME OF WIGAN ATHLETIC.

I believe IL did some work on kids for quid games and found they really did not work for OUFC. Nor when KT gave away tickets to anyone with a pulse.

Can't see how this does not work on a adhoc basis...

Wigan at home will always be synonymous with Maxwell and a pitch demonstration for me .

It’s great when the kid for a quid idea reappears like Jack Midson coming back! KT and IL both said it was not financially viable and I trust their judgement on it.

An extra £1k (at most) in child gate receipts isn’t worth promoting it. I know an argument might be that you might get a parent or two take their kids who don’t normally but I can’t see it being worth it.

Friend of mine takes his kids as and when and they enjoy Oxford, he pays full whack and isn’t bothered. He also goes to watch Spurs with them and now they are at Wembley they prefer going there (funny that).

I think there are far better marketing ideas than kid for a quid where the kid is maybe going to get a fiver spent on a bag of giant buttons that goes to Ka££am.

Just don’t see what it offers unfortunately. Not sure if the lucky seven ticket deal worked but maybe that’s the way to go

Couple of points.... those "kids" are the clubs future. Football is an expensive day out for a family.

That aside the marketing & promotion is worse than awful....... I would rather look at full seats that have paid something than a lot of empty blueness. A full ground creates a buzz....players get the same feeling.... breeds a bit of success (mostly!).

Somewhere on a dusty hard drive is a database of at least 40,000 or more folk that have been customers at least once...........

Couple of points.... those "kids" are the clubs future. Football is an expensive day out for a family.

That aside the marketing & promotion is worse than awful....... I would rather look at full seats that have paid something than a lot of empty blueness. A full ground creates a buzz....players get the same feeling.... breeds a bit of success (mostly!).

Somewhere on a dusty hard drive is a database of at least 40,000 or more folk that have been customers at least once...........

Agree about the marketing and the future of the club. Personally an extra 1000 or 10000 kids doesn’t create a buzz for me. Most are not interested and are filled with sweets and food from the concourse.

Bit each kid thatcomes has to bring along an adult who will be paying full price. Even if they don't and are allowed a special price that it still good money for the club. Can also generate a competition like a raffle for them where for a pound and they can go as many times as they like. They would win a half Season ticket for both parent and child.

Agree about the marketing and the future of the club. Personally an extra 1000 or 10000 kids doesn’t create a buzz for me. Most are not interested and are filled with sweets and food from the concourse.

Better than empty plastic seats IMHO and, as above, if each one brings an adult.......... you have to plant a seed somewhere. If the kid has a great time you already have "pester power" on side.
There is so much they could do but so little they do do!!

I would hope the club aren't looking at these kind of offers purely from a financial point of view. As others have alluded to, kids are the future of our football club. Not just "kids", but persons all the way up to the low 20's.

We're playing in a ground that has very little going for it. It's easy for us loyal bravehearts to turn up all season long, but for Oxfordshire families without a close affiliation with the club they probably look at an afternoon down the breeze block and think "hmm no thanks".

We don't want the young football fans of Oxfordshire growing up supporting clubs they see on Sk* Sports. Give them an incentive to watch it live in the stadium and they might love it. IMO I wouldn't cast aside these offers just because they "aren't financially viable". 1 step back (financially for 1 match) may be 2 steps forward for the future.

Yep, I did not make the suggestion in relation to revenue. But to try and win over the youngsters out there who may catch the U's bug.

We have to win them over somehow otherwise they end up lost to sterile overpriced plastic premiership!

We have 4,000 empty seats, not certain we have to worry about the ultra short term financial impact of one cheap game.

We do need to increase our support base, if only to replace the older lot who can't go anymore for various reasons.

I buy a season ticket and go to cup games, that's my financial contribution to the club, if we made money out of the concessions I would contribute by buying beer and the odd but we don't, other than that there is not really anything the club can sell me that I want, I am guessing that is true of most of our fan base, so any ways dreamed up to increase income from existing supporters will only ever raise change, so increasing attendances is one of the most important and biggest challenges the club faces in trying to raise the money needed to be competitive at the top of this league.

Just to start using all of the emails that they have stored from any source connected to the club ever. Putting their advertising out there would be a start. The cost for this is minimal and is an easy way to reel in punters.
Simple s**t like that has been overlooked for so long it is almost criminal.

Just to start using all of the emails that they have stored from any source connected to the club ever. Putting their advertising out there would be a start. The cost for this is minimal and is an easy way to reel in punters.
Simple s**t like that has been overlooked for so long it is almost criminal.

Good point. I also used to receive text messages from the club about forthcoming matches, but that seems to have stopped some time ago (before last season?).

The last time I received an email from the club was to offer me a free can of carabao if I enter a competition.

Advertise the bloody games FFS.

Did anyone see the Thame Gazette this week with the 4-page MK Dons pullout in it? This is Oxfordshire FFS, it should be OUFC doing this, not a club from another county.

Historically the Thame Gazette has never carried any news on OUFC, even going back to the early 1980's. Strange really as its clearly in Oxfordshire, albeit on the border.

Back
Top Bottom