Tickets Wigan Away Refund/Compensation Email

captainox

Email dropped into junk folder at 16:30 stating the following

"Everyone at Oxford United Football Club would like to thank you for your superb support so far this season. We understand the campaign has come with it's challenges, perhaps most notably with the late postponement of the U's Sky Bet League One fixture with Wigan Athletic in November.

Since this time, the club have been thinking very carefully about how it can compensate supporters who would have no doubt been en route to the match when the game was called off.

Accordingly, the club can now confirm the the lead booker for each group will be the recipient of a £20 ticketing credit, which can be used to purchase any products across the OUFC Tickets range.

Credits will be uploaded onto the lead bookers OUFC Tickets account following the Cheltenham Town home match on the 1st January.

We would also like to remind you that all tickets purchased for the original game will remain valid for the re-arranged tie on Tuesday 1st February, 7:45pm. Should you not be able to attend the new date, please contact the ticket office to arrange your refund.

Thank you once again for your support, we look forward to seeing you very soon!
COYY!"

So that reads to me that everyone who was lead booker will received £20 on their ticketing account regardless of whether they require a refund or not for not being able to make the re-arranged game? i.e. If you can't go to the rearrange game, you can get your refund AND £20 on your ticketing account?

Anyone disagree?

I already got a refund on the tickets but was in Wigan when the game was called off. I haven't received the email though!! hmmm. Maybe it only applies to those who havent' requested a refund yet.

Email dropped into junk folder at 16:30 stating the following

"Everyone at Oxford United Football Club would like to thank you for your superb support so far this season. We understand the campaign has come with it's challenges, perhaps most notably with the late postponement of the U's Sky Bet League One fixture with Wigan Athletic in November.

Since this time, the club have been thinking very carefully about how it can compensate supporters who would have no doubt been en route to the match when the game was called off.

Accordingly, the club can now confirm the the lead booker for each group will be the recipient of a £20 ticketing credit, which can be used to purchase any products across the OUFC Tickets range.

Credits will be uploaded onto the lead bookers OUFC Tickets account following the Cheltenham Town home match on the 1st January.

We would also like to remind you that all tickets purchased for the original game will remain valid for the re-arranged tie on Tuesday 1st February, 7:45pm. Should you not be able to attend the new date, please contact the ticket office to arrange your refund.

Thank you once again for your support, we look forward to seeing you very soon!
COYY!"

So that reads to me that everyone who was lead booker will received £20 on their ticketing account regardless of whether they require a refund or not for not being able to make the re-arranged game? i.e. If you can't go to the rearrange game, you can get your refund AND £20 on your ticketing account?

Anyone disagree?
That is how we understand it from our discussions with the club.

compare this to PigHill who have increased their ticket prices for their cup game v Man City, and are helping to 'sell' the fleecing by saying "everyone that attends will be issued with a limited edition paper match ticket"

£35 quid for a Swindon ticket v City, £12 more than league games.
Robin (pun) bastuards.....?
If City can beat Leeds 7-0 this could be double figures.....!

Not received the email yet but I already got my tickets refunded so hope not to miss out on this credit

What happens if I am in a network for booking tickets, but for the Wigan game I ordered my own.
Do I still get the credit?

I expect S*****n's new Chairman wants to pocket some extra cash before he faces the winding up petition on January 12th.

I expect S*****n's new Chairman wants to pocket some extra cash before he faces the winding up petition on January 12th.
Let’s hope Boris doesn’t call for games to be played behind closed doors as part of a potential circuit break…….let’s see if the S*****n faithful will let the club keep the money.

Surely if you bought your own ticket then you're the lead booker ?
For that booking

I assume so.
I appreciate the gesture .

if there are four in one car and one booker it means a fiver back each?
But the same 4 people in the car booked individual match tickets , it’s £20 each ?

For me it’s not the end of the world , we went to watch Preston Cardiff so didn’t waste the train tickets.

Most fans I saw on social media found another game or sport to go to.

Did the supporters coaches do anything other than turn back round ?

I assume so.
I appreciate the gesture .

if there are four in one car and one booker it means a fiver back each?
But the same 4 people in the car booked individual match tickets , it’s £20 each ?

For me it’s not the end of the world , we went to watch Preston Cardiff so didn’t waste the train tickets.

Most fans I saw on social media found another game or sport to go to.

Did the supporters coaches do anything other than turn back round ?
Coaches returned to base

does this offer actually exist? nothing on official site. i bought 2 tickets, already refrunded via ticket office

does this offer actually exist? nothing on official site. i bought 2 tickets, already refrunded via ticket office

Think it depends on how you normally buy tickets.
If you do it online/in a group it's slightly different from buying directly from the ticket office.

Back
Top Bottom