Whyte to Forest

As he joined under 12 months ago for around £100,000 2mill would be a decent return. Although with him we have the potential to do much better in the league and get a bigger fee (if Marvin was worth 2.5 )

In one of his final post match interviews last season I recall Robinson stating categorically
that Whyte wouldn’t be going anywhere. The club don’t need to sell.
I thought that tiger also said no players have to be sold, and it seems forest went in for Lowe for 5 million but that didn’t meet Pompeys valuation somWhyte apparently is a cheaper 2nd option.....then that will have to be 5 million minimum and Considering they want a replacement for Lolley who they sold for 15 million then they can afford to pay what we want.

£2.5 million, sell on fee plus two fringe players from Forrest. At least that way we can guarantee that there is recruitment involved as part of the deal. Are there players that KR would want though?

Although we are a selling club we don’t need to be a bargain basement club. We hold all the aces in our hands so no need to blink. I’m expecting forest to make a cheeky couple of bids then move on. They’re not known for their generosity when dealing with hibs and the purchase of Cummings for example.

As much as I'd hope we keep this team together, we have to recognise that everyone has a price and that might mean that we lose the odd gem.

But let's remember that it's not long ago that we couldn't give our players away. We've sold Roofe, COD and Marv for £m's as well as making good money on Lundstrum and Ledson. We currently have Whyte, Sykes, Brannagan and Dickie who would all go for a massive profit as well as a youth set up that is already producing first teamers and those able to have hugely successful futures.

Selling is never really an issue. It is about how that money is invested. £2-3m would fund several more players like we've brought in over the last 18 months.

So hopefully we win if he stays, and win if he moves.

Think it would be best for his career to do at least one more season with us. Did well last year but his first in pro football. He will improve and be better next season but still needs to play regular football. If he left that might just be the case and could harm his progression. Has gone on his side I think he will stay, kick on and we may sell next summer for big money...

Think it would be best for his career to do at least one more season with us. Did well last year but his first in pro football. He will improve and be better next season but still needs to play regular football. If he left that might just be the case and could harm his progression. Has gone on his side I think he will stay, kick on and we may sell next summer for big money...
Agree with this. Best for him to think of potential two-year scenarios.

Risky to go now. He could be a backup player that struggles to break into a Championship team, and end up back on loan to League One the following season. Once a player has to do that, it's difficult to make a case for yourself as a top player going forwards.

Or stay with us, get regular games and be fully fit for the English leagues. Grab 10+ goals and assists. Year on his contract left, we'll have to sell, and still pocket many millions. Meanwhile, he has proven he is a cut above and has a better chance of forcing his way into starting elevens.

Exactly - of Roofe, Ledson, Lundstram and Rothwell, only the former has played regularly at the higher level since leaving

£2.5 million, sell on fee plus two fringe players from Forrest. At least that way we can guarantee that there is recruitment involved as part of the deal. Are there players that KR would want though?
Gboly Aryibi and Tyler Walker?

Exactly - of Roofe, Ledson, Lundstram and Rothwell, only the former has played regularly at the higher level since leaving
Although COD has done pretty well at Bristol and was arguably the least ready of all.

Many on here questioned if Whyte would be anything more than an addition to the u23's when he signed, and he quickly stepped up to the mark. He could potentially do the same in the Championship so I would begrudge him the chance, although I'd very much prefer him to stay here.

If he does stay, I can see him playing off the front man (like Roofe/Sinclair) where he could get a hat full. Goals are the biggest factor in increasing value so we will hopefully be able to cash in big time in January/next summer or be in with a real chance of promotion. Or, we look to sell him and get Sinclair and another couple of young prospects to maintain the business model that served us so well.

Wouldn't bother selling to any championship club as it just means weve got no chance getting to that level.Our competition should be league 1 and the championship if we want to get there.Roofe,CoD,Rothwell,Dunkley and Lundstram is almost half a team that plays the level above, if wed have kept them this club couldve been at that level.

If we sell him for 2mill we will be mugged he’s around the 5-7 million mark no need to sell him either he’s got a long contract with us
I agree 2 million is to low but 5-7 million is unrealistic for someone whose only played 1 season full time football. We would probably be looking at 3-3.5 million with add ons.

And to think, if Holmes hadn’t been a crock and Hall hadn’t broken down again, he would’ve been lucky to make a dozen appearances last season. Same for Brannagan with Carruthers hitting the skids before Hanson arrived. Now they must be worth some £5m between them.

Whyte is a hell of a player and after a season of full time football he could be phenomenal next time out. On his day he’s already too good for this level - if he can add a final ball to his game he can go to at least a top end Championship side.

And to think, if Holmes hadn’t been a crock and Hall hadn’t broken down again, he would’ve been lucky to make a dozen appearances last season. Same for Brannagan with Carruthers hitting the skids before Hanson arrived. Now they must be worth some £5m between them.

And to think that if Holmes, Hall and Carrathurs had been fit all season we might have gone up and made far more than the £5m these two may be worth?!

Football evolves and I'm glad we have a manager that was able to evolve with it rather than be stuck on one stupid and frankly pathetic view!!!

Back
Top Bottom