Whyte to Forest

For me, whether we sell Whyte or not will be a clear signal of our billionaires intentions.
Sell, and we can completely forget about a financial injection.

Not sure about that, every player at every club has a price. Doesn’t matter who the owner is. We don’t need to sell cheap (apparently) so that is an indication, but £4-5m say mean we then can spend more due to ffp as well

For me, whether we sell Whyte or not will be a clear signal of our billionaires intentions.

I think you have to look at opportunities for the players too though. Whyte has come to L1 to play English football and step up and showcase his talent.

So like Roofe took a step down to L2 for a season and a half and earned a big move.

I don’t think anyone begrudges Roofe for that move.

I suppose the question is whether the club get a “too big to turn down” offer, or need to cash in so take a low offer?

Yes. He has two years on his contract. Offer him a vastly improved one and see where it goes. Gav's intentions would soon become clear!!

Let’s hope we don’t have another COD moment where he’s forces a move or goes on sick,

But definitely agree on a new contract for him along with Brannagan & Dickie so we get our true value of money for them

I think the real test will come when we see how much of any fee gets reinvested in other players.

Well considering tiger hasn’t taken in any fees yet, but spent out on branagan, dickie, whyte, sykes and a transfer record on hanson, I’m guessing he wouldn’t be that against reinvesting

Not sure I agree with that.
Every player in every Division has his price (Man U even sold Ronaldo when they didnt want to).
It will depend I suspect whether Whyte pushes to move and what the price offered is.

Realistically £2 million with a hefty sell on and money for so many appearances. I think some people are dreaming at figures of £5 million. I hope he doesn’t go and stays for at least another year.

I think that’s the point people are making. If we consider 2M+ as a price then he’s gone. If the owners have ambition then they’ll slap 5M+ on it and he’ll still be here next season (or we’ll have 5M to splash).

Realistically £2 million with a hefty sell on and money for so many appearances. I think some people are dreaming at figures of £5 million. I hope he doesn’t go and stays for at least another year.

That’s less than we got for Johnson whos 5 years older, not an international and had a year less on his contract. Higher is definitely realistic in today’s market

750k option on their fringe players on loan and a pre season friendly in 2020

or could try convincing we actually have ambition to be a championship club and keep a side together for once with a few tweaks here and there

Hope Chris Allen advises him, he went to Forest, played a few times and then his career just died. Couldn’t get a game for Aldershot. But Gavin is a far better player than he was.

Would be sad to see him go but if the money gets reinvested then i'd be ok with it, buying low and selling high is a viable strategy to getting into and being competitive in the Championship, Peterborough's model from their time up there is what we should be aiming for, but that involves reinvesting in similar types of players, something Tiger needs to be willing to sanction

Back
Top Bottom