Whyte to Forest

Would like to see him stay another year, give him a better contract (try and increase his value again) and say if you want your big move go and play for it, and if he is sold reinvest the money in sorting the stadium or more players

After seeing last year's accounts, £4million might just cover one year. The trickle down effect of the huge wages available in the EPL drive up player costs all the way down the pyramid, so what we were paying to get promoted from the conference is a long way from that needed to be competitive in L1 (by which I mean a top 7 budget).
Not only that, we may only get £3m or so of a £4m fee, Crusaders have a sell-on clause.

Live up in the area and was out for a beer last night with a local sports journalist who reports on the local East Midlands Clubs, he is also a Forest fan.
Yes Gavin Whyte is on the radar but not at the top of the list of 9 potential signings, also money no object for Forest when I mentioned the money that we (OUFC) should expect for him.

As stated, he is on a list of potential targets that was leaked from from Forest and thats it.

Now I would be surprised if GW was NOT on a list of potential targets for championship clubs.

All media spin at present

I would sell options on him - 500k for an option to buy at 5m in January - no refunds if they dont take up option - cash buyers only. If he starts well he may attract interest but value at 10 then

Don’t agree with everything you post but you’re on the money with this.

Robbo is driving the price up.
£4 million would cover our losses for 2 years.

The unknown factor of course is just how much money our band of brothers are willing to commit to the club.

To be fair they have committed the money to buy the like of branagan , dickie, whyte, Skye’s and hanson, and not take in a single penny of transfer income so far. So I’d guess they are fully open to commuting funds to the club.

Whyte's not even in the NI squad this evening. Maybe he picked up a knock? Sykes is on the bench.

To be fair they have committed the money to buy the like of branagan , dickie, whyte, Skye’s and hanson, and not take in a single penny of transfer income so far. So I’d guess they are fully open to commuting funds to the club.

Don't forget a lot of the loanees from last year as well: Carruthers, Holmes, Graham, Browne, Smith - They'd have been on good money and I would assume we had to cover a % of their wages?

Martin O'Neill has left Forest. So let's hope that puts an end to their interest.

Martin O'Neill has left Forest. So let's hope that puts an end to their interest.

Would be extremely surprised if O’Neill had anything to do with their transfer strategy. That club is mainly run by Portuguese agents now.

Back
Top Bottom