Who's missing the U's?

Ox4Eva

Really thought after last season that I would enjoy a break away from the usual routine of getting along to watch the mighty U's.

But can't wait for the season to start now, anyone else feeling like that?

So far ( with the lack of new faces ) it’s all gone a bit flat , not missing them at all .
I suppose give it to mid July and the excitement will return .

Really thought after last season that I would enjoy a break away from the usual routine of getting along to watch the mighty U's.

But can't wait for the season to start now, anyone else feeling like that?

If the season did start now we would be hard pressed to field a decent team. I reckon our attempts to recruit are being knocked back because we have an (alledged?) billionaire Chairman & players & their agents keep talking silly money. Going off to Ireland with only half the squad? Something not right here.

I am sure plenty will happen over the next few weeks to get people up for it again!

World Cup keeps me going. But would like some action on the transfer front to pep thing up even further.

TBH, it's been nice to have free weekends and the like. I'm looking forward to the new season, but the break from football is nice

World Cup pretty much has all my attention. Any other sporting stories, including the Yellows, is rather secondary at the minute.

Yes, but at the same time I don't think we're close to being ready for next season, so that's making the wait a little bit easier in a sense. Not that my impatience changes anything, but I'm more than willing to put it aside until we're better prepared. You're welcome. :)

7 weeks since our last game, less than 6 to go...

I’m really looking forward to some cricket. Haven’t managed to catch any yet, so definitely a couple of days at the Tests and ODIs against India. Let’s face it, League football all year round would be pretty dull.

If the season did start now we would be hard pressed to field a decent team. I reckon our attempts to recruit are being knocked back because we have an (alledged?) billionaire Chairman & players & their agents keep talking silly money. Going off to Ireland with only half the squad? Something not right here.
Looking at the transfer market a lot of teams are in our position.
who's our Chairman? i might be able to work out the thought process behind your dig at the club.
i think we still have a large squad as not many players have moved on yet.

After a pretty dire season but decent run in I was fairly optimistic and excited particularly with the noises coming out of the club RE transfer business.

As it’s dragged on and the weather has been decent to go out and enjoy, World Cup on the TV I can’t say I’m missing it at all. Amazing how much more time it feels you have over a weekend not spent at the Ka££am etc.

I’m hoping some signings change the current apathy but my confidence is beginning to diminish somewhat.

I think the lack of major transfer activity is making this summer a tad boring. Having seen today Lyle Taylor signing for Charlton was their first all
I can say “ we are not alone “

Not really missing it as such, with the World Cup and all that jazz. But I do miss not being able to ring up RadOx and tell Jerome that "...no, oi wuzzn't at tha maaatch today, but..."

Still. Five weeks Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom