General Who’s going out on loan ?

Wilder wasn’t too keen on Beano to begin with but he became undroppable and I don’t think any manager anywhere is so hung about a player being his signing if that player is doing the business week in week out and keeping his manager in a job.

Appleton didn’t always play Hylton in fact, he quite often dropped him
Not much. Danny started 34 games in our promo season. He also had an injury.
MApp brought in Bowery, Waring, and Hoban but he always brought Danny back. But he wasn't his player so he wasn't that botheted when Danny signed for Luton.
He dropped O'Dowda more often than DH and look what happened there!!

• React
Reactions: Ian
I thought Henry got stronger as the game progressed on Saturday and I for one would be very surprised and disappointed if he went out on loan. He seemed to have a good understanding already with Cadden and worked really hard with his defensive duties. A class act at this level.

A lot of people talking about Sykes and Hanson in the same breathe as candidates to be loaned out. I understand why but they really are chalk and cheese.

Sykes is top drawer and the more games he plays, the better he will be. He is ready to be in a top league one side now.

Hanson on the other hand. Simply nowhere near our level. Offers next to nothing. Can’t pass. Positionally not very good. Even his tackling isn’t good. Wins headers but can’t direct them as he has a funny jumping style.

Different types of midfielders but honestly the difference is enormous.

McMahon is nowhere near the match day squads so it's pretty much read that he's off. And if McCleary comes in Napa would be best off getting some game time elsewhere on loan.

With Hanson and Sykes this talk of loaning them out seems a bit odd, I know we're strong in midfield but I don't think it would make sense to loan out either of them. Our midfielders would be Rodriguez Gorrin, Mousinho, new DM, Hanson, Brannagan, Baptiste and Sykes, which would be 7. As a few of them can play other positions as well (Mous CB, Hanson RB, Bran no10, Sykes winger), there's plenty of room in the squad for them.

If we're talking 2 in, 2 out for financial reasons, then the wages are going to have to match up.

Can't see that Sykes or Napa would be earning anything like what we'd have to pay one of these rumoured Championship-level players.

The logical two for me would be McMahon and Rob Hall. Both would seem to be down the pecking order in positions where we have options.
Challenge would be finding takers for them who would be willing to take on their full wages.

Rob Hall is on a much-reduced ‘pay as you play’ contract so I don’t see how he can be on that much

Rob Hall is on a much-reduced ‘pay as you play’ contract so I don’t see how he can be on that much
McMahon and Hanson seem most likely candidates. We'd be winging it at RB with only Long as cover but KR seems consistently blase about fullbacks. Another CDM is a target so no loss re. Hanson. McMahon would, I think, be an excellent loan for any club needing a solid dependable pro in the Phil Edwards mould for us a few years back.

so we're bringing in Loan players so we can loan ours out...We offered Rob Hall a new deal even though it was known all along that we were going to have a better window this time and Gavin Whyte was going nowhere..yeah ok then.

If we're talking 2 in, 2 out for financial reasons, then the wages are going to have to match up.

Can't see that Sykes or Napa would be earning anything like what we'd have to pay one of these rumoured Championship-level players.

The logical two for me would be McMahon and Rob Hall. Both would seem to be down the pecking order in positions where we have options.
Challenge would be finding takers for them who would be willing to take on their full wages.

You’re right. People keep banging on about Napa but they’re totally missing the point. Robinson basically said two in two like for like out. So unless we are bringing in a striker on Napa’s wage, which would suggest he’s not the quality of striker we need, then you can forget Napa being one of the two we are looking to upgrade on. He might well go out but not as part of the ‘two in two out’ Robbo is on about.

You’re right. People keep banging on about Napa but they’re totally missing the point. Robinson basically said two in two like for like out. So unless we are bringing in a striker on Napa’s wage, which would suggest he’s not the quality of striker we need, then you can forget Napa being one of the two we are looking to upgrade on. He might well go out but not as part of the ‘two in two out’ Robbo is on about.
Don't think we have anyone on the sort of money the one's we want to bring in are on!!
It will probably be costing more to bring the 'two' in.

If Robinson doesn’t like Henry then why the hell did he keep playing him last season when he was horribly out of form and playing awfully - unless it was, in fact, a clever ruse to expose him to criticism?! [emoji848][emoji849]

The bloke is talking B*****s. Obviously doesn’t actually go to games.

If Robinson doesn’t like Henry then why the hell did he keep playing him last season when he was horribly out of form and playing awfully - unless it was, in fact, a clever ruse to expose him to criticism?! ??
Hold on, Henry was our top scorer, and his goals helped keep us up?

Hold on, Henry was our top scorer, and his goals helped keep us up?

Had a good first part of the season, but wasn’t good 2nd part.

Thought he played well Saturday though, and showed more determination than ever when we lost the ball in terms of tracking back and making tackles. I guess he understands the competition for places, hence the determination.

Personally I don’t see him going out on loan, but I could see him more on the bench, especially with the player recruitment so far/expected and if his form dips like last season.

We should help out bolton and bury. Send the players there with a clause they cant play against us. Nick some pts off our rivals and give our players league 1 game time.

Back
Top Bottom