General Who’s going out on loan ?

I personally would be very surprised if it was Hanson, as he can provide good cover for DM and RB, and IF it is Thorne who comes as the DM, theres no guarantee of him staying fit given his injury record, so Hanson remains vital as cover for two positions.

I also can't imagine it would be Baptiste, as when fit, he'll be really pushing for a first team place, and thats the exact kind of competition for places we need in the squad, and given his last two unfortunate injuries, I would've thought the club will want to keep him here where they can monitor his progress closely.

I think Rob Hall will be used as an impact sub this season, and will be great to have on the bench as an attacking option for the last 20 mins of games, and theres no guarantee he will be used sensibly by the club he's loaned to, so can't see him going anywhere to be honest.

In my opinion, if its going to be anyone, it may well be Sykes and Napa, as they are both clearly talented players, especially Sykes, but they are both very lightweight, and would probably benefit from a season in the rough and tumble of league two, to help them develop the physical side of their games, so they can hopefully come back bigger and stronger, and more capable of competing physically with the demands of higher leagues.

I must say though, while I think a loan move could benefit Sykes, for the reasons I've just stated, I fear Napa may always fall short on the physical side of things, as last season being out on loan doesn't really seem to have made much difference in that area of his development, and I fear he may always be too lightweight for football at this level, hope he proves me wrong though.

Napa is only 20, so surely he will develop physically a bit more in the next 1-3 years

Napa is only 20, so surely he will develop physically a bit more in the next 1-3 years
I really hope so, because he's a talented player, but at the moment he gets knocked off the ball so easily, that I feel unless he builds up his strength and physique, he'll struggle to fulfil his potential.

However, If I remember rightly, he missed a large percentage of last season with illness and injury, which obviously would've hindered his progress, so hopefully now thats all behind him, another season playing regularly in league 2 will help him to make the physical improvements he needs.

Napa, Lopez, Hanson, McMahon, Henry would be players that I think might be sent out on loan.

We have Long who can cover right back and centre back, Mous can cover CDM as well as CB, we have Hall, Fosu, Agyei and Forde who can play any of the wide roles.

Henry is a good player at this level but Robinson is trying to evolve the team and he doesn't see Henry as part of that IMO.

Napa, Lopez, Hanson, McMahon, Henry would be players that I think might be sent out on loan.

We have Long who can cover right back and centre back, Mous can cover CDM as well as CB, we have Hall, Fosu, Agyei and Forde who can play any of the wide roles.

Henry is a good player at this level but Robinson is trying to evolve the team and he doesn't see Henry as part of that IMO.
Sorry but I've got to disagree with you, as for me, when he's on form, Henry is a key first team player, he scores goals and plays an integral part in the build up to goals, and the way he's playing at the moment, he's surely got to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

And for me, Hanson provides the quality in depth that we need for DM and RB, and has been playing well all pre season, and did well when he came on yesterday, and if Cadden does leave in January, we'll need someone, maybe Long, to replace him for the rest of the season, but we'll also then need backup for Long, which is why Hanson needs to stay in my opinion

Henry was the best player on the pitch yesterday, he was brilliant on and off the ball, and when he's playing like that, he's one of the best players in league one in my opinion, so I would be amazed if Robbo would be considering loaning him out, I just can't see it, he's more likely to want to offer him a new contract if he keeps playing the way he has been.

Last season, until all the unfortunate issues with his child being ill causing an obvious and understandable dip in form, he was our best player, and ended the season before that as our best player, and was our leading goal scorer both seasons, and so far this season, along with Dickie, has been outstanding, so to send him out on loan would be mental

I'll make it clear now that I think Henry is an excellent player and right now should be in the team.

That doesn't mean KR hasn't thought about off loading him in the last 3 transfer windows. If we want to bring in a younger player with potential then a senior player has to give way. I think Henry will be that player.

Napa could very well be loaned out, he had a good pre season but is well down the pecking order now. 5th choice winger and with another striker potentially coming in he'll be 4th choice there too.

Hanson could also be another going out on loan if we sign another cm. If Sykes is fit then Hanson is behind him In the pecking order.

They would be my two to go out on loan but wouldn't not mind either staying. Shows the strength we have.

Not a chance of Henry going out. Robinson might be trying to evolve the team but sending Henry out would be madness. Much more likely would be Baptiste or Hall as they strive to return to the fitness and form they had before serious injuries.

Another reason Henry would be kept is his availability. He’s rarely on the treatment table and players like that are invaluable if you’re trying to build a squad with like for like replacements.

Hanson likely to be one of them imo! Once Moore is in the team, mousinho will be freed up to cover for cdm...

Can’t see Hall being loaned out as Robinson has previously said that there aren’t many better than him in league 1 if he’s fit. I’d imagine Napa could go out - Robinson could have played him in last few games towards the end to inject a bit of pace up front. Agyei will be seen as an upgrade on this.

Can't see Hall going, I think we would be wise to keep a close eye on his fitness. If as, reported he is on pay per play then we don't have to think too much about covering wages.
McMahon has to be one to go out along with Napa, and perhaps a couple more younger ones - Allardyce?
Of course it does depend on who comes in.

I think the League Cup tie will be a good indication. The players seen as good squad options will probably get an opportunity to start midweek, alongside some first teamers (to ensure consistency).

My guesses would be McMahon for sure, alongside possibly Napa and Sykes.

I think Hanson would benefit from more matches and he probably won’t get much chance at Oxford. A months loan might be good.Sykes looks good for regular games here

Am I right in saying that you can only do month loans for youth players? If Hanson and Sykes were going out on loan then they need to be league 2 or a top team in the conference otherwise I see no real point. It will then be a case of seeing if the younger players are better dropping down a few levels or staying around the u23's.

I didn’t hear the Robinson interview but I’m a little surprised if senior players are going to be loaned out. I thought the whole idea was to add depth to the squad. It’s going to be a long season. Maybe some of the younger players will benefit from short term loans but that won’t have much of an impact on the wage bill.

I'll make it clear now that I think Henry is an excellent player and right now should be in the team.

That doesn't mean KR hasn't thought about off loading him in the last 3 transfer windows. If we want to bring in a younger player with potential then a senior player has to give way. I think Henry will be that player.
You’re wrong Henry is a playmaker and can be more than an asset to any L1 side, there was even a mention although quite small of a mention that Pompey were looking at him in the close season as he is a top class act in L1.

Someone (sorry I didn't have time to quote and reply last night) mentioned Allardyce. I understand that the plan is that none of the U-23 players - who can be sent on the short term 1 or 2 month loans to National Leagues - won't be going out until at least the end of September.
That way they're around and available for possible appearances FLT matches, as well as training around the club and U-23 matches. The coaches can then make a more informed choice on who needs to go out, against who'd be better playing for U-23s, or even who is pushing for early promotion to first team squad.

Back
Top Bottom