General Who’s going out on loan ?

McMahon for sure.
Hall needs games and we can’t afford to carry him until he gets back to his best. So I guess him too.

not read all this, but where was it said players have to go to free up wages?
and I can't see Henry going, wouldn't make any sense. who would we loan him to anyway? a league one rival or drop down a level which would be pointless.
loaning out the youngsters who aren't quite ready for the 1st team seems logical

Can’t understand why Sykes was excluded from the squad Saturday. He is a serious talent who is fully match fit. Being omitted completely from a match day squad what have done his confidence any good. Surely it would have made sense to leave Rob Hall out, who is clearly not match fit, and give Hall minutes tonight?

not read all this, but where was it said players have to go to free up wages?
and I can't see Henry going, wouldn't make any sense. who would we loan him to anyway? a league one rival or drop down a level which would be pointless.
loaning out the youngsters who aren't quite ready for the 1st team seems logical
It was Robinson in the radox interview on Saturday. Said we have straight budget for a striker with two other targets dependent on freeing wages via loans out.

Can’t understand why Sykes was excluded from the squad Saturday. He is a serious talent who is fully match fit. Being omitted completely from a match day squad what have done his confidence any good. Surely it would have made sense to leave Rob Hall out, who is clearly not match fit, and give Hall minutes tonight?

We desperately wanted a strength of squad that would provide cover throughout the season. As a consequence we now have more than 18 players capable of being in the starting line up and inevitably so won't make the bench. There was an argument to say that Sykes could have offered the same as Hall and Forde, but that is down to the manager to judge. As for match fitness, we don't know and I'm sure the backroom team will assess that far better than we can.

Id rather keep some of the depth we currently have, only send out McMahon Napa and Jones and maybe some of the other youth, and keep the likes of Hanson, Sykes and Hall to make sure we have cover, these plus the 2 or 3 potential signings would mean we had a really good squad depth, something that was missing at times last season.

It was Robinson in the radox interview on Saturday. Said we have straight budget for a striker with two other targets dependent on freeing wages via loans out.
ok cheers. didn't hear that.
I suppose if the players coming in strengthen the team and makes us a stronger squad then it makes sense, and good that we're sticking to the budget instead of reckless spending

We desperately wanted a strength of squad that would provide cover throughout the season. As a consequence we now have more than 18 players capable of being in the starting line up and inevitably so won't make the bench. There was an argument to say that Sykes could have offered the same as Hall and Forde, but that is down to the manager to judge. As for match fitness, we don't know and I'm sure the backroom team will assess that far better than we can.

It's the supporter's paradox. They want a squad strong enough in depth to compete but at the same time everyone in the matchday squad.

Id rather keep some of the depth we currently have, only send out McMahon Napa and Jones and maybe some of the other youth, and keep the likes of Hanson, Sykes and Hall to make sure we have cover, these plus the 2 or 3 potential signings would mean we had a really good squad depth, something that was missing at times last season.

We're already likely going to be losing money this season. Even after the Whyte sale.

If we add two or three more significant wages, whilst only sending out kids on their first contracts, yes we'll have a stronger squad but we'll also lose even more money this season. Which means the club gets deeper into debt.

And by the way, even if everything goes perfectly and we get promoted - the Championship isn't the golden ticket. Very few teams make money there - most lose a ton. If we wanted to be even halfway competitive on wages with the average Championship club, we'd have to massively increase our budget = more losses. It becomes a big debt spiral that only gets resolved if you somehow make your way into the Premiership (which for a club in our situation, with our resources, competing in the Championship, would be a 100-1 shot).

Not for me. KR seems to have put together a good squad. We should stick to the budget, and let him see what he can do. Even in a worst case scenario, I can't see us getting relegated this year. So we stay in League One - which is a decent, competitive league, with an interesting range of clubs some of whom play some pleasing football. There's worse things than that!

Im hoping that none of our players or young prospects get farmed out... decent squad with decent back up too at the moment...coupla injuries and/or suspensions with little cover (or competition for places) would be a backward step imo

After tonight, can't see Napa going on loan anywhere in this window.

ok cheers. didn't hear that.
I suppose if the players coming in strengthen the team and makes us a stronger squad then it makes sense, and good that we're sticking to the budget instead of reckless spending

If?

Back
Top Bottom