Who will win the world cup?

Ox4Eva

Other than England of course :LOL:

No real outstanding favourite as far as I am concerned. Just hope it's a decent tournament as the last few have been crap!

Other than England of course :LOL:

No real outstanding favourite as far as I am concerned. Just hope it's a decent tournament as the last few have been crap!
It'll be crap. Russia will win it with the same lying; cheating and bribery that got it the tournament in the first place. England will crash and burn as usual just as we do in the Eurovision Song Contest. It's all a bucket of s**t. COYY!

I get the sentiment about the fixed world cup. But we are seriously not going to win it. Quarter-finals at best.
France or germany are most likely winners for me!

I think the build up has been very low key compared to other world cups.

England has very good attacking options (Sterling, Lallana, Kane,Alli) but the defence is pretty ropey.

As @arthurturner area is above ^ on this thread, Russia are highly likely to be the winners

Smart money is on the hosts....and probably the same smart money has ensured it's a done deal

This is the first WC I can remember that I really don't care who will win and won't watch much of it. Just don't care. Which is a damned shame.

I see Joe Hart isn't going to the WC, which is a good thing. His time has passed.

I am itk on this subject. The Dutch will not win it!

• React
Reactions: MJB
France I reckon. That midfield is pretty good! Griezmann up front, Lloris in goal, world class players in their squad.

Would be very happy if England got to the quarters.

Short memories. There wasn’t much crap about the last World Cup in Brazil.

Spain 1 Netherlands 5, Brazil 1 Germany 7, the performances of Colombia and James Rodriguez, Costa Rica punching above their weight, Suarez getting his teeth into opponents again. Lots of memorable moments. Fans seem to judge World Cups based on England’s performance hence the misty-eyed opinion of the 1990 World Cup which was a turgid affair. I’ll agree that 2006 and 2010 weren’t the most memorable though.

I really don’t know who’ll win this one. Germany aren’t as strong as they were last time out so there is a gap there – maybe Brazil or France? As an outside chance, I’d go with Spain. Despite La Liga being somewhat weaker than it used to be, I think there is plenty of firepower in that Spanish squad to make in-roads. They navigated a qualifying group with Italy, have a lot of players in the 25-32 year old category and could be a dark horse. Beat Portugal in the group stage and we’ll see how they go.

England? Quarters and no further.

Don't the Ruskies will win it, like others I actually don't care who wins as long as it's a good tournament. But I bet it turns out to be shite.

I would be happy if England even make it out of the group stage to be honest!

Russia are bang average, even with polonium in the blinis and roubles in a big suitcase at every referees hotel room they'll won't make it past the second round against Spain or Portugal.

England with the squad from the turn of the millennium would probably be favourites this year, as it is we'll probably be met with 11 players who looked like they just met 10 minutes before kick-off as usual.

Difficult to look past France, Germany or the Argies for me. Maybe Croatia will be up there as a dark horse.

I don't even know who are in it other than Russia and England so somebody other than both of these 2.

Hoping it wont happen. Im boycotting it anyway. Carnage for supporters. Thugs and a corrupt police force. Hardly a must-go and a none event in terms of two weeks leading up to nothing.

When England lose in The quarter final that’s when it ends for me.

I am looking forward to it, but then I like football and don’t think it ends in league one.

Not got a clue who will win it though, no outstanding team but that makes it more interesting for me, plus a team could price themselves to be so.

I actually think England could have an outside chance of the semi finals, as we are not as bad as some make out, especially with Hart thankfully gone from the team. I hated the appointment of Southgate but he has surprised me and I think he will surprise a few more people, seems to give some thought on what will be successful rather than just picking flavour of the months.

Roll on the start of it, if you don’t like the World Cup I doubt football is really your thing anymore.

I am looking forward to it, but then I like football and don’t think it ends in league one.

Not got a clue who will win it though, no outstanding team but that makes it more interesting for me, plus a team could price themselves to be so.

I actually think England could have an outside chance of the semi finals, as we are not as bad as some make out, especially with Hart thankfully gone from the team. I hated the appointment of Southgate but he has surprised me and I think he will surprise a few more people, seems to give some thought on what will be successful rather than just picking flavour of the months.

Roll on the start of it, if you don’t like the World Cup I doubt football is really your thing anymore.

Not really, I can still remember sitting in awe watching the 78 world cup. Much the same with them all up too Italia 90.

After that things changed and became more commercial and less of a festival of football.

Just my view and I would love to see this world cup changing my view!

Back
Top Bottom