Who will Robinson keep or let go

I talked to a friend of mine who has followed Charlton for years and he said Charlton has been badly run for years. Lots of players leaving. He mentioned that they have eight goalkeepers do well and leave for other clubs. Lookman left for £11million. You could argue that it’s a good club to develop at but the money has not been reinvested.
I think Robinson wanted out because he wasn’t able to invest in the players he needed to get them up.
Charlton is a bigger club than us at the moment and many would argue should be in the championship.
Every time they get a player who is doing well they get sold on without a decent replacement.
Hopefully at Oxford we will have the structure in place so that we don’t stay a selling club, losing so many good players

He's not been very good for them from what I've read.

Had a bad injury but has been back for 6 months so I guess he needs to start showing a bit of form again. I actually thought he was younger than 30 so yeah perhaps better to leave alone.

Eastwood
Nelson
Ledson
Hall
Henry
Rothwell.

Build a team around them, and we will be solid challengers for a top two next season.

I talked to a friend of mine who has followed Charlton for years and he said Charlton has been badly run for years. Lots of players leaving. He mentioned that they have eight goalkeepers do well and leave for other clubs. Lookman left for £11million. You could argue that it’s a good club to develop at but the money has not been reinvested.
I think Robinson wanted out because he wasn’t able to invest in the players he needed to get them up.
Charlton is a bigger club than us at the moment and many would argue should be in the championship.
Every time they get a player who is doing well they get sold on without a decent replacement.
Hopefully at Oxford we will have the structure in place so that we don’t stay a selling club, losing so many good players

We will always be a selling club as virtually every club is. While we will still sell players, the difference to Charlton, is that I want to see reinvested in the squad again and tbf in January we have done that with Dickie and Brannagan signing.

Eastwood
Nelson
Ledson
Hall
Henry
Rothwell.

Build a team around them, and we will be solid challengers for a top two next season.
Add the likes of Kane - who I hope we sign on a permanent deal in the Summer - Dickie, Brannagan and the young lads coming through, you can see the nucleus for a good squad is in place. We just need to cut out the deadwood and replace with young hungry players that, hopefully, Robinson will
already have in mind.

Just as KR has asked to be given a chance for a year by the players, I hope he will do likewise and offer them a fair crack in the last 10 games. Will inevitably be lots of outgoings. The loanees you feel will all go back, including Kane if he has someone else in mind. Apart from that I agree with the two above posters. Still looking forward to seeing what Pekalski can do, but you'd think every one of Pep's signings will be on their way in May.

Just as KR has asked to be given a chance for a year by the players, I hope he will do likewise and offer them a fair crack in the last 10 games. Will inevitably be lots of outgoings. The loanees you feel will all go back, including Kane if he has someone else in mind. Apart from that I agree with the two above posters. Still looking forward to seeing what Pekalski can do, but you'd think every one of Pep's signings will be on their way in May.

Ricardinho?

Ricardinho?

Nice guy and clearly a good player, but he’s 34 in September. He’s not going to improve nor get quicker in that time.

Playing in England may have a been a ‘bucket list’ item for him and we’ve given him that, but I wouldn’t be too disappointed if he moved on. On the caveat that we replace him with a young, promising left back/wing back of course.

Back
Top Bottom