Who will be going to the meeting Wednesday?

It’s a few minutes walk from the bus stop if you get the Barton bus from town, that does involve two buses for a lot of people though. Most people will drive though.

To be fair to Oxvox, getting a city centre location would be very expensive, while the Masons will be cheap as the owner is an Oxford fan while also being a good size location.

It’s a few minutes walk from the bus stop if you get the Barton bus from town, that does involve two buses for a lot of people though. Most people will drive though.

To be fair to Oxvox, getting a city centre location would be very expensive, while the Masons will be cheap as the owner is an Oxford fan while also being a good size location.

Yes I completely understand it's not easy to find a venue. Just thought I would make the point that it's maybe not so easy for some people to get there.

Kassam would probably want room hire.
Possibly. In that case, somewhere close-ish to the ground before the game. There must be a pub with a back room that would be able to oblige. Or a community centre? School hall? Anywhere with enough space and a few seats...

I do understand that the majority of members live locally, so perhaps it isn't a big problem. Irritating for those of us who don't though.

We normally hold the AGM at the ground before a game, but for a meeting such as this it is very difficult to have enough time before people need to get to their seats and very difficult to get guests such as the council leaders we have coming to be available. Also Darryl and Niall would be on pre match duties so would not be able to give up their time for a pre match meeting.

Hope that explains why evenings are best for these sort of meetings.

Masons is easier to get to than the breeze block....just off the ring road close to green rd/headington roundabout and historically practically in the shadow of where some of headington united's first games were played (quarry recreation ground)...masons is a free house with decent beers on offer... ideal venue for an ox vox members meeting too:)

Personally Id prefer ox vox AGM to not be on a match day....selfishly I like to adhere to my pre home match rituals ....agm at the masons on a weekday evening would be ideal for me;)

Masons is easier to get to than the breeze block....just off the ring road close to green rd/headington roundabout and historically practically in the shadow of where some of headington united's first games were played (quarry recreation ground)...masons is a free house with decent beers on offer... ideal venue for an ox vox members meeting too:)

Personally Id prefer ox vox AGM to not be on a match day....selfishly I like to adhere to my pre home match rituals ....agm at the masons on a weekday evening would be ideal for me;)
You do love an AGM

Or holding these meetings in a more central location so it's easier for people to get to.
I not a member. But would of joined so I could of attended tomorrow, if the location was easier to get to AKA Court Palace Farm, where the Q7A was located in Aug17. Parking in downtown Headington isnt easy.

Oxford City FC?

Or holding these meetings in a more central location so it's easier for people to get to.
If you mean Central Oxford, i could probably hire out a room at my College, but there wouldnt be much in the way of parking. Unless you use Westgate etc.

I doubt the six bells or chequers car parks will be full on Wednesday night, those pubs are right next door, plus there are no parking restrictions around there either.

Back
Top Bottom