Who gets dropped?

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 222

So Robinson made his feelings quite clear yesterday. Who do we think gets dropped on Saturday?

I think Mous will come in for Ruffles, Hall for Mackie, Smith for Obika, Holmes for Henry, Browne for Carruthers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Robinson made his feelings quite clear yesterday. Who do we think gets dropped on Tuesday?

I think Mous will come in for Ruffles, Hall for Mackie, Smith for Obika, Holmes for Henry, Browne for Carruthers.

Plus Norman for McMahon, and who for Garbutt?

Mousinho/New CM for Ruffels
Norman for McMahon
Hall for Carruthers
Whyte (or even Baptiste?) for Mackie

I don't think he'll go for more changes than that.

Am I missing something here?! Do we have a game tuesday?

The back 4 will stay the same as much as they had a bad day it was our midfield which was much worse which effectively cost us the game

Brannagan & a new Central Midfielder will play as a two in the centre with Ruffles getting dropped

Out wide Mackie need to get games in the under 23 to get fit not in important game in the first team, Carruthers is now out for several months so both Right & Left should be Hall & Holmes

Henry will keep his place as the number 10 & hopefully Smith gets the chance up top ahead of Obika

4 changes I think

No matter how it is spun, we lack muscle. We lack one up front to hold up play, keep possession to allow the likes of Hall and Smith to run on. No Obika up front means no physical presence at all. We lack an enforcer (for want of a better description) in midfield.

The team is still short of the right players and the season has begun.

I think we’ve had the league cup game as our first fixture in the past. I could be wrong mind.

The changes I’d make, and this is without seeing some of the players before except for the game at Barnsley are:

Hall in Carruthers out - obviously enforced
Mousinho in Ruffels out

Other than that I’d leave it pretty much as it was.

Whilst there were a number of poor performances they were playing against what’s seems on first impressions like an excellent side for this level. Fleetwood will likely give us a better idea of where we are at.

This is of course assuming we don’t bring in anyone between now and the game who is ready to go straight into the side.

The players who’ve been with the club before this seasons are better than what we saw on Saturday, certainly Henry and Nelson to name two, so we should be careful to avoid knee jerk reactions to a poor performance and give them the opportunity to put things right.

For what it’s worth, until we have players who are more keen to join in with whoever is playing up front we are likely to struggle with scoring goals.

Obika is never going to be prolific but he does make some good runs and get onto the enemy of many balls into the channels, but once he picks the call up there’s often quite a gap between him and the midfield.....find me a striker who is going to excel in this kind of situation?

Most front men, when surround by defenders will be unable to retain possession.

Hopefully the addition of Hall to the side, and a Jamie Mackie with a proper game under his belt will help to rectify this issue.

Eastwood

McMahon Nelson Dickie Garbutt

New Player Brannagan

Hall Henry Holmes

Smith
If there aren't any new signings, I'd like to see Carroll as holding midfielder and Whyte to play in the 3 behind Smith.

The changes I’d make, and this is without seeing some of the players before except for the game at Barnsley are:

Hall in Carruthers out - obviously enforced
Mousinho in Ruffels out

Other than that I’d leave it pretty much as it was.

Whilst there were a number of poor performances they were playing against what’s seems on first impressions like an excellent side for this level. Fleetwood will likely give us a better idea of where we are at.

This is of course assuming we don’t bring in anyone between now and the game who is ready to go straight into the side.

The players who’ve been with the club before this seasons are better than what we saw on Saturday, certainly Henry and Nelson to name two, so we should be careful to avoid knee jerk reactions to a poor performance and give them the opportunity to put things right.

For what it’s worth, until we have players who are more keen to join in with whoever is playing up front we are likely to struggle with scoring goals.

Obika is never going to be prolific but he does make some good runs and get onto the enemy of many balls into the channels, but once he picks the call up there’s often quite a gap between him and the midfield.....find me a striker who is going to excel in this kind of situation?

Most front men, when surround by defenders will be unable to retain possession.

Hopefully the addition of Hall to the side, and a Jamie Mackie with a proper game under his belt will help to rectify this issue.
Yes, let's try and avoid any more knee jerks. Nelson as just come back from one and it's not yet clear he's the player he was before the injury and Carruthers is out for months with one.

Yes that's a good idea, let's drop some players after the first game of the season and screw up any notion of a core squad. Perhaps the more grown up thing to do is work harder with those who underperformed.

Yes that's a good idea, let's drop some players after the first game of the season and screw up any notion of a core squad. Perhaps the more grown up thing to do is work harder with those who underperformed.
Perhaps the way to do the latter is to do the former.

I’d consider Norman for McMahon too.

I hope not Norman looked well off the pace against Leeds. I’m not saying he won’t come good just that I think it’ll take him a bit longer to get up to speed.

I hope not Norman looked well off the pace against Leeds. I’m not saying he won’t come good just that I think it’ll take him a bit longer to get up to speed.

He looked better against Mk Dons than McMahon.