Whistleblower

ConcernedOUFCfan

I wish to share some Information with you all.

I have a very reputable source within the club and I have been told some very Interesting news.

At present both my self and my source wish to remain nameless, but please hear me out.

As of today Oxford United football club no longer have a home stadium, as I understand it Oufc we’re able to cancel their contract due to acts of nature.

From what I’ve been told Oufc have submitted a lowball offer to remain at the stadium but it was turned down.

It is now the intention of the club to ground share with another local club, apparently Reading, Swindon & Wycome have been approached and it looks like Wycombe is the one they are going with.

As far as I know there is no real plans for Oufc to have they’re own ground, and this is simply a stroke to pull on over on Kassam.

Now if this is true it means Oufc will not be playing their play off game at the Kassam.

I for one, whilst I would absolutely love to see Oxford with they’re own stadium, feel this is a gamble too far, and with everything going on at the minute now is not the time to gamble with our club.

From what I’ve been told both sides are throwing they’re toys out of the pram and putting pride before the club and the fans.

I have also been told that some external parties are aware of the situation but have been told to keep quiet. Make of that what you will.

Yours. A life long OUFC fan.
This has also gone on twitter where it can't be taken down

Last edited:
Mmm. They are tied into a contract for the next what 5 years ?

Sounds like either an upset Pompey fan or a fan of that team forever in our shadow.

Regrettably this is not the first I have heard of this today...

Could you explain what is meant (in the context of cancelling our contract) by 'acts of nature'?
It’s a load of s**t. You can obviously insure your home/property/belongings against ‘acts of nature’ but if the OP is referring to COVID as an act of nature, he’s miles away. Force majeure (act of God) MIGHT be able to be used but when it comes to insurance claims, but when it comes to breaking a contract of this kind, I’m afraid you’re going to be pissing in the wind. Nice try though..

Well I for one am lighting my best torch, donning my best smock, and marching on to, erm, ah, where should I march to?

It’s a load of s**t. You can obviously insure your home/property/belongings against ‘acts of nature’ but if the OP is referring to COVID as an act of nature, he’s miles away. Force majeure (act of God) MIGHT be able to be used but when it comes to insurance claims, but when it comes to breaking a contract of this kind, I’m afraid you’re going to be pissing in the wind. Nice try though..

Doesn't make any sense anyways, why would we put in a low ball offer in for a stadium that cant be fit for purpose if because of an act of nature means we could escape the current contract ?

Back
Top Bottom