General Which vacuum cleaner is best?

Peterdev

We are on our third Dyson and we are not happy that after just three years it is not performing well at all. Doesn’t pick up, is cumbersome etc
Can anyone recommend a good replacement? Looking at Shark, Henry or Sebo, maybe GTech or Bosch.
Don’t fancy spending so much this time

We are on our third Dyson and we are not happy that after just three years it is not performing well at all. Doesn’t pick up, is cumbersome etc
Can anyone recommend a good replacement? Looking at Shark, Henry or Sebo, maybe GTech or Bosch.

Personally think Henry is a bit rubbish. Don't like ours at all.

Kirby.

The end.
my mum had one of those about 40 years ago

for me, a vacuum cleaner that works, as in does the job its supposed to, is good enough

Personally I wouldn't buy a Dyson ( nor drink in a Weatherspoons either*), the company Owner is, IMO a proper dickhead, for a plethora of reasons

* Unrelated but a similar dickhead of an owner IMO

Not sure.

Dyson is a f*****g scumbag if that helps.

We love our Dyson. You need to replace the filter every year or so and generally clean it out but we find it works very well. The owner is a Brexit dickhead but for all I know the people in charge of the other companies also have unsavoury views.

I thought they went bust. I still recall the door to door salesmen trying to offload them for £1000 each

The "hard sales guy" who tried to get us to upgrade met his match in me when I ground him down over 3 hours negotiating.
Ended up trading in our old model for £300 more than we paid for it, so only paid £100 for the new one!!
Ours is also annually serviced which is free until next year then the game starts again.
Credit where it is due they are a versatile, well engineered and robust machine.

Miele, never had a single issue after years of mid-range ones conking out.

I’m give ing the Dyson one last chance. I’ll replace the filters and see if that workd

What's wrong with James Dyson?

Well in my case it was his hypocrisy over production in the UK. He was extolling the benefits of British engineering/production at my Uni graduation then a few years later he moves production out of the UK. I remember similar hypocrisy in later years in interviews which is my problem with him so won't buy Dyson.

Well in my case it was his hypocrisy over production in the UK. He was extolling the benefits of British engineering/production at my Uni graduation then a few years later he moves production out of the UK. I remember similar hypocrisy in later years in interviews which is my problem with him so won't buy Dyson.
Okay. As far as I know Dyson moved manufacturing of vacuums to Johor back in 2002. His new battery venture is in Singapore. But R&D is still at Malmesbury. HO is being moved to Singapore.

All is this makes sense. Britain still has some of the best brains but UK hasn't been competitive in manufacturing for some time.

Okay. As far as I know Dyson moved manufacturing of vacuums to Johor back in 2002. His new battery venture is in Singapore. But R&D is still at Malmesbury. HO is being moved to Singapore.

All is this makes sense. Britain still has some of the best brains but UK hasn't been competitive in manufacturing for some time.

He was bigging up manufacturing and the quality in the UK then did the opposite.

Miele Triflex rechargeable

Whats a vacuum cleaner?? is that the thing the missus puts on at the same time a televised match starts???

He was bigging up manufacturing and the quality in the UK then did the opposite.
Wouldn't buy one on principle. Dyson moved his manufacturing base out of the UK to save money yet sells his products at exorbitant prices. Just bought a Shark cordless and totally pleased with it.

Had a Dyson, never get one again, so overpriced.
Lots of cheaper versions on the market now.
We now use a shark cordless, very happy with it but the battery will only go for 20/25mins, which is usually enough. Get one with a second battery if you have a lot of carpets or a big house. Also, keep the filters clean makes a big difference :)

Back
Top Bottom