Where we'll end up...12th

It’s always a hard thing to judge but it has looked quite a poor league this season, haven’t seen a good team yet and most look a bit crap (us included) so the bottom half being so tight is not so surprising.

Weakest league since we came back up for me, it’s good in one way but it makes that dreadful start annoying, no real excuse to get 5 points from 12 games in this league.
Well said. There does seem to be an increasing trend for L1 and L2 to be of a similar standard overall, with a small number of teams at the top of L1 achieving a slightly higher level of football, and a small number at the bottom of L2 being plain awful.
This is emphasised by the serious difference that is developing between L1 and the Championship. You need a very decent squad to be competitive in the Championship these days, partly because there are plenty of clubs who have benefited from parachute payments from the Premiership.

Well said. There does seem to be an increasing trend for L1 and L2 to be of a similar standard overall, with a small number of teams at the top of L1 achieving a slightly higher level of football, and a small number at the bottom of L2 being plain awful.
This is emphasised by the serious difference that is developing between L1 and the Championship. You need a very decent squad to be competitive in the Championship these days, partly because there are plenty of clubs who have benefited from parachute payments from the Premiership.

I don't think L1 and L2 are that close in terms of standard with Bury and MK Dons both chasing automatic promotion when they were awful in their relegation year. Northampton and Oldham likewise in theory can still make the play offs after much disruption and and manager sacking.

I agree on the gap between L1 and the Championship however.

I don't think L1 and L2 are that close in terms of standard with Bury and MK Dons both chasing automatic promotion when they were awful in their relegation year. Northampton and Oldham likewise in theory can still make the play offs after much disruption and and manager sacking.

I agree on the gap between L1 and the Championship however.

Luton seem to have done ok in their first season back ?

Luton seem to have done ok in their first season back ?
You could argue that Wolves have done very well in the PL. Doesn't mean that there isn't a huge gap between the PL and Championship

I don’t think he was talking about the whole division, just say top 10/bottom 10

I reckon they are considering they talk about the only difference being between the top few in L1 and a bottom few in L2.

20th or above is absolutely fine, thanks.

Think it will take more like 52 or 53 points to be absolutely sure of safety this season. There are too many teams involved in the fight, collectively on too high an amount of points with eleven games left, for it to confidently be 50 as the marker. Think it’ll take four more wins plus a draw or two.

20th or above is absolutely fine, thanks.

Think it will take more like 52 or 53 points to be absolutely sure of safety this season. There are too many teams involved in the fight, collectively on too high an amount of points with eleven games left, for it to confidently be 50 as the marker. Think it’ll take four more wins plus a draw or two.
... need to vastly improve the goal difference too, ive a feeling at least 1 l1 relegation place will be decided on goal difference , our minus ten gd really isnt good

... need to vastly improve the goal difference too, ive a feeling at least 1 l1 relegation place will be decided on goal difference , our minus ten gd really isnt good
Our gd is relatively good and don’t forget it will improve if we get the wins we need and avoid any heavy defeats

7 teams have a worse GD sarge. Some have a hugely worse GD.
If we win the games we should and keep this improved form going hopefully GD will be irrelevant.

7 teams have a worse GD sarge. Some have a hugely worse GD.
If we win the games we should and keep this improved form going hopefully GD will be irrelevant.
Im only concerned about our gd ...and league position .... hoping we continue on the winning run for 5 or 6 more games at least ,then on a monday after a heavy , heavy weekend working those twin worries will be gone n forgotten ;-)

We have to focus on us rather than other teams. As we are playing teams around us a few wins shouldn’t be beyond us.
An away win next week will help us no end

Couple of managerial movements yesterday I’ve not seen mentioned elsewhere.

Bradford appoint Gary Bowyer and Rochdale get ride of Keith Hill for the second time.

Can see that being a good appointment by Bradford personally. On the flip side, I always got the impression Hill, as ‘Mr Rochdale’, has Dale punching above their weight, so I’m not sure anyone coming in will be able to do a better job.

We have to focus on us rather than other teams. As we are playing teams around us a few wins shouldn’t be beyond us.
An away win next week will help us no end
These are the teams we can't afford to lose against, truly 6 pointers.
Over the next 3 matches 3 points might be good enough as long as they are draws, if we start losing to the other relegation teams it will be a big problem, we have to beat the teams around us.

Back
Top Bottom