Where to sit?

Give over. Be the role model you want to see: steaming down to challenge a group of man babies in front of my 8 year old? Thankfully I’m a bit more mature than that, and your insinuation that toe to toe I wouldn’t be able to handle the situation is well off the mark.

If you’re the sort of bloke who’ll read an account of a man’s experience on a Saturday afternoon with his son trying to enjoy a match when a group of men behaving like knuckledraggers (for that’s how they behaved so I make no apology referring to them as such) ruined it by smashing seats and screaming obscenities, and you side with them, then I think it reflects worse on your character than mine.

Who said ‘steam down’? What is wrong with walking down to the lads and ask if they’d mind not swearing or whatever outrageous behaviour that you think you saw? I don’t think i’ve been the one to suggest anyone is going ‘toe to toe’.

What i would say is that if you’d like a placid and guaranteed ‘8 year old friendly experience’ then you might enjoy the North stand. They have dedicated blocks for families.

FYI, i understand from talking to that set of lads that there was indeed 5 under 12’s within their group tonight - 3 more than the 2 that were apparently subjected to obscenities and seat banging on Saturday 👍

Who said ‘steam down’? What is wrong with walking down to the lads and ask if they’d mind not swearing or whatever outrageous behaviour that you think you saw? I don’t think i’ve been the one to suggest anyone is going ‘toe to toe’.

What i would say is that if you’d like a placid and guaranteed ‘8 year old friendly experience’ then you might enjoy the North stand. They have dedicated blocks for families.

FYI, i understand from talking to that set of lads that there was indeed 5 under 12’s within their group tonight - 3 more than the 2 that were apparently subjected to obscenities and seat banging on Saturday 👍
With all due respect, if they were with 5 under 12’s and were still shouting and swearing like has been reported then it really doesn’t look good on them does it.

With all due respect, if they were with 5 under 12’s and were still shouting and swearing like has been reported then it really doesn’t look good on them does it.

Neither you nor i was there on Saturday so we’re guessing really, but ‘as reported’ seems to be some way off the reality.

I guess, at the end of the day its people’s personal preferences and desires on how they enjoy the football. Some enjoy watching on and perusing the action while others enjoy to be more vocal in support and condemnation. It wouldn’t do for us to be all the same. At least ‘ol Tage knows there is a family section if he’d prefer a gentler experience. Everyone’s a winner.

I guess, at the end of the day its people’s personal preferences and desires on how they enjoy the football. Some enjoy watching on and perusing the action while others enjoy to be more vocal in support and condemnation. It wouldn’t do for us to be all the same.

This is the key point, everyone should be able to experience live football as they wish whilst also respecting those around them.

I first started taking my daughter regularly when she was 7. I knew that she would hear language that wasn't to be repeated in school and have never tried to sanitise the experience. However, I drew the line at an old guy constantly shouting "C*NT" from the seat behind. No context, no reason, just offensive. And yes, I had words and he chose to move seats. Had he not then we would have.

I don't know the guys discussed on here, but they sound like "lads". A bit loud, a bit in your face perhaps, but completely harmless and part of what we see at grounds up and down the country. It may have felt uncomfortable for someone starting to go to games, and probably very different from what would have been expected in the South Stand! But they were literally hundreds of empty seats and if the poster was unwilling to have a conversation with the group, and I can understand why he wouldn't, then move over a block or two and carry on enjoying the game.

We can do more to make the game even more inclusive, and it would be a shame if anyone didn't return because of how they were treated. But, at the moment, there is plenty of space to allow everyone to find what suits them without worry too much about others.

This is the key point, everyone should be able to experience live football as they wish whilst also respecting those around them.

I first started taking my daughter regularly when she was 7. I knew that she would hear language that wasn't to be repeated in school and have never tried to sanitise the experience. However, I drew the line at an old guy constantly shouting "C*NT" from the seat behind. No context, no reason, just offensive. And yes, I had words and he chose to move seats. Had he not then we would have.

I don't know the guys discussed on here, but they sound like "lads". A bit loud, a bit in your face perhaps, but completely harmless and part of what we see at grounds up and down the country. It may have felt uncomfortable for someone starting to go to games, and probably very different from what would have been expected in the South Stand! But they were literally hundreds of empty seats and if the poster was unwilling to have a conversation with the group, and I can understand why he wouldn't, then move over a block or two and carry on enjoying the game.

We can do more to make the game even more inclusive, and it would be a shame if anyone didn't return because of how they were treated. But, at the moment, there is plenty of space to allow everyone to find what suits them without worry too much about others.

As I think I mentioned before on here I swear sometimes, am I proud of it know it is passion for your club that does result non less than savoury language and yes I agree about the word c**t. I have over the seasons had women and children say close by and have apologised after the game or sometimes during the gam because of less than savoury language I may have used. All these women I have apologised to have said they’re ok and understand it happens and wouldn’t change seats because of it.
I know it’s no excuse.

Is there a list of "acceptable expletives" ?

If not I bet there soon will be.................... lovely.

And no loud applause as someone will be triggered by that.

1634803636465.jpeg

As I think I mentioned before on here I swear sometimes, am I proud of it know it is passion for your club that does result non less than savoury language and yes I agree about the word c**t. I have over the seasons had women and children say close by and have apologised after the game or sometimes during the gam because of less than savoury language I may have used. All these women I have apologised to have said they’re ok and understand it happens and wouldn’t change seats because of it.
I know it’s no excuse.
So there’s a long list of women you’ve offended over the years?

Is there a list of "acceptable expletives" ?

If not I bet there soon will be.................... lovely.

And no loud applause as someone will be triggered by that.

View attachment 7346

The club requested a curb on swearing in the late 90's, didn't work. Had a couple games where the goalie was "not-very-good! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Hardly a new phenomenon.

I know it’s no excuse.

It's not really an excuse to be honest. Losing control isn't something to be proud of, and passion can be shown in ways that isn't offensive to others. If you feel the need to apologise after your actions, then you know that your actions are wrong. But you continue to do the same, game after game?

It's not really an excuse to be honest. Losing control isn't something to be proud of, and passion can be shown in ways that isn't offensive to others. If you feel the need to apologise after your actions, then you know that your actions are wrong. But you continue to do the same, game after game?
Unfortunately I’m not alone there but I apologise because believe or not I am a gentleman with fat fingers

Unfortunately I’m not alone there but I apologise because believe or not I am a gentleman with fat fingers
But a gentleman shouldn't act in a way that they then later need to apologise for, and then repeat this.

I'm in no way trying to sanitise football, far from it, but if you are unable to moderate your behaviour around children then you may need to take a look at yourself.

But a gentleman shouldn't act in a way that they then later need to apologise for, and then repeat this.

I'm in no way trying to sanitise football, far from it, but if you are unable to moderate your behaviour around children then you may need to take a look at yourself.
I can have n occasions take last Tuesday thought there was a blatant penalty in the 2nd half and a long with others when the ref waved play on I did sear “ f*****g hell ref “ and that was the only time but I certainly want alone.

Back
Top Bottom