Where to sit?

Quite the write up. I take it you didn’t mention any of the above at the time??

Why were they wannabe? Did you speak to them?
I’m not a grass pal, not that there were any stewards in the area thinking about it now. 5 or so grown men in their knock off hooligan clobber acting like children? What’s there to say? I’m just glad my 8 year old doesn’t behave like that.

Not everyone "does" Twitter so I`m being helpful or so I thought. Duly noted.
Not sure if it is on twitter but we’re you aware of a group of about 12-15 or so young 20 something walking towards the bus stop area chanting songs which could be deemed provocative albeit silly boys stuff but could have led to a confrontation with other silly boy son larger numbers having a dam big row. No police and no stewards or even traffic management ( nothing unusual about that traffic management that is ), I’m getting in in old age and didn’t feel threatened but my dear Mrs Bazzer was with me and I was concerned if anything had kicked of I would worry for her and like normal husbands we would protect at all costs and no matter how we would protect them.
I don’t have a bat phone to the SLO but if you do have a contact could you kindly let the jolly fellow know. Also I did email Niall McWilliams after one of the games we were allowed to attend about the lack and unprofessional traffic management just standing round doing absolutely f**k all leaving absolute mayhem in leaving the cat park whereas the previous game they actually managed to od the job. We pay them a fee for that and it’s a complete waste of time and money if they are just going to sit there or stand like bloody statues doing absolutely f**k all, Niall did reply and said he would look into it but obviously nothing has happened.

Not sure if it is on twitter but we’re you aware of a group of about 12-15 or so young 20 something walking towards the bus stop area chanting songs which could be deemed provocative albeit silly boys stuff but could have led to a confrontation with other silly boy son larger numbers having a dam big row. No police and no stewards or even traffic management ( nothing unusual about that traffic management that is ), I’m getting in in old age and didn’t feel threatened but my dear Mrs Bazzer was with me and I was concerned if anything had kicked of I would worry for her and like normal husbands we would protect at all costs and no matter how we would protect them.
I don’t have a bat phone to the SLO but if you do have a contact could you kindly let the jolly fellow know. Also I did email Niall McWilliams after one of the games we were allowed to attend about the lack and unprofessional traffic management just standing round doing absolutely f**k all leaving absolute mayhem in leaving the cat park whereas the previous game they actually managed to od the job. We pay them a fee for that and it’s a complete waste of time and money if they are just going to sit there or stand like bloody statues doing absolutely f**k all, Niall did reply and said he would look into it but obviously nothing has happened.

I can`t advise mate, I`ll get told off again. You`ll need to contact the OUSP lead .......

Me? I would be emailing our SLO & copying in Niall.

ataylor@oufc.co.uk

I can`t advise mate, I`ll get told off again. You`ll need to contact the OUSP lead .......

Me? I would be emailing our SLO & copying in Niall.

ataylor@oufc.co.uk
Done. Had automatic response saying He was self isolating and had limited access to emails. So will wait in anticipation but if he has responded to the steward problem on Saturday I may get a response…… sometime.

I sat SSU yesterday parallel with the goal the fence end. It must be where they put the players’ families and youth players because there were quite a few footballer wives looking types and their kids running around, they all seemed nice and family oriented. About 6 or so rows from the front were a group of wannabe casuals in fake lecoste caps/trainers throwing tantrums and strops, kicking and smashing the seats and shouting obscenities as they weren’t happy with the way Oxford were playing. They even “bantered” the youth lads by opining that thornely is crap and they could do better. I know a lot of Oxford lads and they’re all top fellas. This handful of knuckle draggers though? Won’t be sitting in that block again.

Also, getting served at HT was a joke. Some ridiculous policy of not serving booze before the HT whistle.

I know the chaps that sit in that block (furthest left towards the fence i believe). For your information, they are season ticket holders, who pay top dollar to sit in the SSU and who travel home and away EVERY week.

The youth team lads and WAG's are placed in that block - did it cross your mind that they may actually have got to know the youth team lads who also sit in that block every week? How do you know, they weren't having some banter with the young ones?

To stereotype a set of fellow supporters based on what they are wearing is odd and to call them 'knuckle draggers'? Seriously?

If you are a regular traveler to away games, you will be familiar with the no alcohol being served during the game being played. That rule isn't enforced everywhere but neither is it exclusive to OUFC.

I know the chaps that sit in that block (furthest left towards the fence i believe). For your information, they are season ticket holders, who pay top dollar to sit in the SSU and who travel home and away EVERY week.

The youth team lads and WAG's are placed in that block - did it cross your mind that they may actually have got to know the youth team lads who also sit in that block every week? How do you know, they weren't having some banter with the young ones?

To stereotype a set of fellow supporters based on what they are wearing is odd and to call them 'knuckle draggers'? Seriously?

If you are a regular traveler to away games, you will be familiar with the no alcohol being served during the game being played. That rule isn't enforced everywhere but neither is it exclusive to OUFC.
Makes sense, they seemed very comfortable. Good for them regarding the support. Is that the case then? More you go, the more entitled you are to behave badly?

Makes sense, they seemed very comfortable. Good for them regarding the support. Is that the case then? More you go, the more entitled you are to behave badly?

'Behave badly', in your opinion. Why didn't you go down the six rows and speak with them as a fellow fan? Why hide behind your keyboard? Does that make you a keyboard warrior?

Keyboard Warrior vs the Knuckle Draggers. All the makings of a classic!

I'm sure they will be there tonight. Why not go and have a chat?

'Behave badly', in your opinion. Why didn't you go down the six rows and speak with them as a fellow fan? Why hide behind your keyboard? Does that make you a keyboard warrior?

A normal person isn’t going to remonstrate with a load of yobs, but that doesn’t mean that the yobs are right. If that’s what they are in this case.

I have no idea who these people are. But just because he doesn’t feel safe asking to them to stop doing something doesn’t make them right.

But they're 'wannabe casuals', not actual ones and they are just 'knuckle draggers'?

Arguably, you could say he is just a keyboard warrior. *Yawn*

But they're 'wannabe casuals', not actual ones and they are just 'knuckle draggers'?

Arguably, you could say he is just a keyboard warrior. *Yawn*
There isn't much point us arguing about the behaviour of people we didn't see. I'm not sure why you're so eager to defend these boys, who sound annoying, whereas keyboard warriors don't bother anyone.

There isn't much point us arguing about the behaviour of people we didn't see. I'm not sure why you're so eager to defend these boys, who sound annoying, whereas keyboard warriors don't bother anyone.

I know them and their children (2 of which were with them on Saturday, incidentally!) Why are you so eager to defend Tage? Keyboard Warriors do bother me.

I know them and their children (2 of which were with them on Saturday, incidentally!) Why are you so eager to defend Tage? Keyboard Warriors do bother me.
We're all keyboard warriors here! Anyway this is a silly argument since I didn't see the incident.

Give over. Be the role model you want to see: steaming down to challenge a group of man babies in front of my 8 year old? Thankfully I’m a bit more mature than that, and your insinuation that toe to toe I wouldn’t be able to handle the situation is well off the mark.

If you’re the sort of bloke who’ll read an account of a man’s experience on a Saturday afternoon with his son trying to enjoy a match when a group of men behaving like knuckledraggers (for that’s how they behaved so I make no apology referring to them as such) ruined it by smashing seats and screaming obscenities, and you side with them, then I think it reflects worse on your character than mine.

Because he’s one of them I suspect…

Accusing people of being keyboard warriors without hint of irony 😂

Back
Top Bottom