What’s really going on?

PottersRightBoot

Clearly some influential personalities at the club had had enough. No inside knowledge here but I’d suggest Pep clashed with too many staff and players towards the end of his short reign

That last 20 minutes on Saturday showed me the players wanted him offski.

His affable public persona was not apparently the case behind the dressing room door.

I have some sympathy with him, we’ve had terrible luck with injuries, on occasion we’ve played some great stuff and there seems to have been a distinct drift and lack of leadership from the top since the end of last season.

Eales hasn’t been trigger happy to date so this tells me this wasn’t wholly all his own work. I smell takeover .

As for a new boss ,who knows? Won’t be Mickey Adams though?

COYY.

Clearly some influential personalities at the club had had enough. No inside knowledge here but I’d suggest Pep clashed with too many staff and players towards the end of his short reign

His affable public persona was not apparently the case behind the dressing room door.

I have some sympathy with him, we’ve had terrible luck with injuries, on occasion we’ve played some great stuff and there seems to have been a distinct drift and lack of leadership from the top since the end of last season.

Eales hasn’t been trigger happy to date so this tells me this wasn’t wholly all his own work. I smell takeover .

As for a new boss ,who knows? Won’t be Mickey Adams though[emoji6]

COYY.

What exactly does a takeover smell of these days?

COYY.

Takeover, sold don't you mean.

Possibly Eales, or someone he trusts, realised that under Pep the team was sleep-walking into relegation and Eales took the only sensible business decision possible. Only mystery is why he left it so long.

Professor Plum (aka Eales) resplendent in mustard cords and purple pullover in the boardroom with a rope at
7pm Saturday night.

It has to be said the fact that DE was out of the country when he pulled the trigger does add to the intrigue somewhat. I would have thought the etiquette would have been to wait until he was back. He would have also then be available for the media.

• React
Reactions: n1
It has to be said the fact that DE was out of the country when he pulled the trigger does add to the intrigue somewhat. I would have thought the etiquette would have been to wait until he was back. He would have also then be available for the media.
That would delay the work on getting a new manager in though. We need a man in ASAP who can use the transfer window.

That's what a Managing Director is for... The owner will have been involved in the decision and communication would have been made (being out of the country does not make one incommunicado), but ultimately he put an MD in place to make these decisions for him.

That's what a Managing Director is for... The owner will have been involved in the decision and communication would have been made (being out of the country does not make one incommunicado), but ultimately he put an MD in place to make these decisions for him.

I still think it a little unusual that nobody from the club have been, so far, available for an interview. All we’ve had so far is the prepared statement through the website. Maybe I’m just reading too much into it. And after Wigan and Saturday I’m not saying I was against the decision as unfortunate as it ultimately was

Not sure about make these decisions , but certainly to implement them

its never a good career move to call your boss out publically. "If we sell our players then i will ask what we are doing here".

Shortly following that up with disprespecting your customers (no matter whether deserved or not) and arguing with your colleagues...

It does depend what you were promised initially. Nothing more frustrating than taking a new job and then lose 2 of your best staff, without being given the wages to replace them

was it not similar to lunny and 1 or 2 others re appleton?

Fair play for saying what he believed but would also of been good to hear more "not accepting those performances" during interviews.

I'll be surprised if we get anyone in before transfer window closes. it will be interesting to see how a different manager will get the best out of the same squad of players. Something clearly wasn't right with Pep.

COYY.
I’m not sure on the trigger happy bit, tell that to Ashton, Sarah, and the others who have left the building

Back
Top Bottom