General What was number one on your first day at work?

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick (with a silent P) Astley.
Quite appropriate really given that I’m in the same sort of job 35 years later.

Some people started work late in life! I started early, and a few years ago, Marc Almond with Gene Pitney was at number one on the singles chart. I had to Google this fact!

I started in the Prison Service in August '95 when Take That were no.1 with Never Forget, which is ironic as I really would like to forget that song!

We really should NOT be allowing Scotchegg to drive the positive bus... I've just found out how te ended up in tte Prison Service... It was for driving THIS BUS!

Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea of the start date of my first job?

Absolutely, it seems odd people remember (or keep a record). It was sometime after O level exams in 1978 or 1979. That’s it.

Absolutely, it seems odd people remember (or keep a record). It was sometime after O level exams in 1978 or 1979. That’s it.
Mine was an approximation, I know it was around September 1990, so I looked for what was #1 on the 1st September.

Smokey Robinson & the miracles, Tears of a clown . September 70 . First day of engineering apprenticeship.

Of course not. Google, the DHSS and several other organisations are well aware of the start date of your first job. Such child :rolleyes:
TBH since I am now of such advanced years that my first job was probably on the design committee for the wheel, it might be carved on a monolith somewhere but I can't be arsed to look.

Back
Top Bottom