What price Nelson

Witneyoldfella

Having just read that Stoke paid £2M for Lindsay from Barnsley just dreaming what price Nelse would have fetched he if was still under contract. Before any smart arses tell me he's out of contract I know , however having witnessed Lindsay absolutely shitting himself (not literally) every time The Mackienator got anywhere near him at the home game last season you can't help but wonder what if. My view is that Nelse in the main played exceptionally well last season , no sulking , no throwing the towel in , but committed to the cause .
Thoughts on his potential value welcomed?

Matt Clarke from pompey went for about 4 m, and Nelson looked as good as him, so who knows

After his first season with us he could of been a £2M+ defender as his development over 2/3 years with us & Plymouth was impressive, Notts Forest were interested back in 2017

Injuries & form over 12/15 month period Nov2017/Jan19 had of effected his progress (but had he still had 2 years left now i’d be disappointed to sell for less than a Million after last season)

Last edited:
Matt Clarke from pompey went for about 4 m, and Nelson looked as good as him, so who knows
Difference is Clarke is 22 and Nelson 26. Realistically at 26 which is typically peak of a footballer's career you'd get 2million tops for him.

I think that’s the same Lindsay that was travelling down to sign for us the day Appleton left. £350k I believe was the fee then.

Should have sold him last summer. Commercially it doesn’t make sense to keep him and then let him go for nothing does it.
On the other hand you can gamble and have a good season get promoted and he would probably have stayed.
Good luck to him though because he was a really good player and always gave everything while wearing the shirt.

Should have sold him last summer. Commercially it doesn’t make sense to keep him and then let him go for nothing does it.
On the other hand you can gamble and have a good season get promoted and he would probably have stayed.
Good luck to him though because he was a really good player and always gave everything while wearing the shirt.

Wouldn’t of got much for him last summer, injuries robbed us of the chance of cashing in on him.

Apparently the decision was taken to keep him as it was better for us to have him help us stay up than sell him and most of the money go into Eales pocket

Back
Top Bottom