What Have You Been Watching Lately? (No Spoilers)

On Season 2 of Resident Alien on Sky, really enjoying it. Season 1 is on Sky Box Sets.

I do like a spy thriller, love James Bond but do prefer the north gritty type of spy thrillers.

Coincidentally, they’re also making a Bond series for Prime now too. Albeit, it looks to be an around-the-world style competition, weirdly.

3rd series of Hidden on BBC4. All 3 series and their episodes are on the BBC iPlayer. Well worth a watch (from series 1 if you haven't seen any) as the storylines are excellent as is the acting.
With you on that MO - the three series have been really good with a great character arc for DI Cadi John. The sense of all pervading poverty was really noticeable in this series - people living their lives on the edge.

With you on that MO - the three series have been really good with a great character arc for DI Cadi John. The sense of all pervading poverty was really noticeable in this series - people living their lives on the edge.

The production does a great job of showing that and not just the nice bits which previous series have shown in amongst the rough parts. They do a spectacular job of making the place look gloomy though and I don't remember that area always being gloomy!

Succession on Sky is the best thing I’ve seen this year - rich people being competitive and horrible, but each with enough humanity to keep it interesting. Also Chloe on iPlayer, a sinister girl insinuates herself into the lives of a group of trendies.

Das Boot on Sky Atlantic. Series 3 just released, previous 2 series were excellent. Good story line, suspense by the bucket load.

We’re enjoying the programme we call The Gay Lady, the great Suranne Jones as a roistering 19 th cent lesbian. Gentleman Jack

finally got round to watching all of the episodes of star wars spin off The Book of Bobba Fett on Disney plus.... I had watched the first 3 episodes, and got a bit put off by the 'new' crime lord of Tattooine having a bunch of young air-vespa riders as his enforcers, - and the slowest chase - race in the history of chases..... it did get better with the Mandalorian, Grogu, Ahsoka and Luke Skywalker .... and Van Cleef inspired bounty hunter Cad Bane all appearing

not a classic but bar the laughable 3rd episode it was watchable

besides, it got me in the mood for the forthcoming first series on Disney plus of Obi Wan

finally got round to watching all of the episodes of star wars spin off The Book of Bobba Fett on Disney plus.... I had watched the first 3 episodes, and got a bit put off by the 'new' crime lord of Tattooine having a bunch of young air-vespa riders as his enforcers, - and the slowest chase - race in the history of chases..... it did get better with the Mandalorian, Grogu, Ahsoka and Luke Skywalker .... and Van Cleef inspired bounty hunter Cad Bane all appearing

besides, it got me in the mood for the forthcoming first series on Disney plus of Obi Wan

That ‘chase’ on the mobility scooters was so brilliantly slow and terrible.

I Believe in Miracles on Netflix. All about Clough and winning the League & European Championship straight after promotion from what is the Championship today.
What a manager that guy was and the prog is pretty funny with all the anecdotes.
Just watched this - really good viewing and great to see some crunching tackles not getting yellow cards and pitches consisting purely of mud.

I thought it, and The Mandalorian, were both utter tosh (despite being a huge Star Wars fan). I'm obviously out of step with the vocal fan boys on this though, Grogu is the worst character in SW since Jar Jar Binks.

More optimistic about Obi Wan, will definitely be waching it.

Back
Top Bottom